Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

11 minutes ago, Harte said:

I'm using the free tunnel bear. I don't want to waste the limited data that's free on something like that.

Harte

Check out Proton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

Nope. Not true. The core vocabulary is solidly Germanic. It’s an Ingvaeonic Northwestern Germanic language, a member of the Anglo-Frisian family. As late as WWII, American soldiers could hold mutually intelligible conversations with Dutch Frisians. 

And “two.” The answer is two — the British Isles were invaded by the Romans and the Normans. What the Angles, Saxons and Jutes did was a migration, not an invasion (even pseudo-historical sources are at pains to tell you they were /invited/ to come over). Ditto the Vikings — they never really stayed, long-term, which is inherent in the term invade. 

But your point sort of stands; English has been influenced heavily by many other languages, Latin, Norse, Old French. We’ve even borrowed the same word multiple times from French. But it in no way has been degraded or “bastardized” by them. Arguably, the opposite!

—Jaylemurph 

My mistake. I stand corrected. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

My mistake. I stand corrected. 

Nah. I agree pretty strongly with you. I just like to argue nice points. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Nah. I agree pretty strongly with you. I just like to argue nice points. 

—Jaylemurph 

I feel less stupid now. Thank you.:tsu:

• Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 2:41 AM, ThereWeAreThen said:

Have you seen how many times the British Isles have been invaded?

Hi TherWeAreThen

Not personally but i have heard some nasty stories but then that is a family thing so we won't talk about it.:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:41 AM, Piney said:

English is West Germanic with a ton of loan words.

Geordie and Bronte Country don't have the loan words so nobody can understand what we're saying. :yes:

Hi Piney

that's why I was considering going to a 3rd world country to teach English as a second language, I thought that way I could teach people my English just so there wasn't any confusion when I was talking to them. :innocent::whistle::lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, VastLand said:

see you simply do not understand. I needed to know what his definition was, to understand if we mean the same thing, or as to what opinion was fact. I am sick of this squabble.

Hi VastLand

Well to perfectly honest you have no real credible history here, before I engaged many of the people that you have infuriated yourself about I spent the time to read every post they have made since joiing to see what their depth of knowledge was and without some of the consent like JayLemurph have been my mentors. I am a histrorical moron when it comes to him and many others her that have the time and patience to share with us. You see a critical review and balk in the real world the shame that you would feel is far more intense and you should take this opportunity to modify your approach. Even though Jay likely wouldn't socialize with me he would at least give me some droopy eared approval even if I don't give ham on Sundays because unlike most of these kitty/dog lovers I am more equestrian in my faith because if you think you climbing on my back and control what happens well,... I am ready to feel you pee on my back for the ride your going to get.

jmccr8

• Like 2

On 11/3/2019 at 12:34 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi VastLand

Well to perfectly honest you have no real credible history here, before I engaged many of the people that you have infuriated yourself about I spent the time to read every post they have made since joiing to see what their depth of knowledge was and without some of the consent like JayLemurph have been my mentors. I am a histrorical moron when it comes to him and many others her that have the time and patience to share with us. You see a critical review and balk in the real world the shame that you would feel is far more intense and you should take this opportunity to modify your approach. Even though Jay likely wouldn't socialize with me he would at least give me some droopy eared approval even if I don't give ham on Sundays because unlike most of these kitty/dog lovers I am more equestrian in my faith because if you think you climbing on my back and control what happens well,... I am ready to feel you pee on my back for the ride your going to get.

jmccr8

Wow, you think I am a dog ey? Dogs bark at the people they do not recognize. They drive people away, when they need not. Livestock eat the hay, and dogs sniff at it, and walk on.

All the barking, is being done at me, because they do not recognize me. You know, herd animals, those with horns, sort out their issues, with head to head combat. I do not mind ramming heads, you get my analogy?

un-squint your eyes, I am not trying to control anyone.

While some of you argue on, saying Benner is wrong, and I do not understand things, I tell you, he has mistakes, ones I do not implement into my own life, but as to the Basic Eastern Philosophy he spreads, his helping me to understand Ancient Israeli culture, and the Paleo-Hebrew language, I inherit this to blossum my fruits. Too bad for you, it is a personal problem of yours, to control me. Instead of reading his works, you like to believe what others say about him, that is folly. Rumors are Rumors, and my how they are not always true. :)

Just read my post, down there, and you will see the principles work in the detail...

60160460_YahwehAstaroth.jpg.643b8a23880659ba310d220dbc8992b2.jpg

Here is my quote, again.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:56 PM, VastLand said:

Fun little notation about this Yahweh and Asteroth subject:

Ashterotha is from a root word "Ashtar" a transliteration of the Akkadian word "Ishtar", which has been interpreted to mean "Godess", and does not denote a particular goddess, but functions as a noun. However later in time, "Goddess" became a word of mention for a particular one, we call this the stigma of a word, and the Goddess being "Inaana". This does not mean however, that all mention of "Ashtar", in the Semitic languages, refers to "Inaana", the daughter of "Naana", the moon God. Further, some mentions of "Ashtar", might regain some of her semblance to the former noun, connoting the representation of any "Goddess". Or perhaps, the Goddess herself, may simply have been used as a symbol to represent another thing?

Ancient Israel was of course, allowed to know the existence of other divine parsons, they simply were "not to bring another one of power in front of [his(Yahweh)] face"1, which, in regard to their philosophy2, is understood through the actions of concrete happenings. So, take a look with me, to see what that is like: You look up into the sky, and see great "Shumash"3, the morning star, where is said to be the face of Yahweh peering through the sky, and my how he is bright! You notice that things which are not as bright as him, cast shadows, and you look at your own hand before you, and you see, your very hand casts a shadow... Now imagine, you have a statue of one of your favorite gods, and you hold it up, in front of the face of the sun. What happens? A shadow is cast upon your face, and you are blinded, or obstructed from seeing the sun...

And so, Israel was told not to put another one of power, in front of the face of Yahweh, as it would blind them from seeing his countenance. 

Now, onto the point of my post, Ancient Israel, as a nation, understood that their nation, Israel, as a conglomerate stood as one person, the servant4 of righteousness, a feminine character, being the land, or earth, and that she was the concubine to Yahweh, in a Covenant. Therefore, she (Israel/ Earth) was represented by the "Mother Deity", as Asherah, and it was by this understanding, that the Israelites made the pillars of Asherah throughout the land, to signify, the Father in the Sky5, held her tent (house) up. Also, in the depiction, you can see what appears to be a bull, with calf suckling his fallice, this then represents the Sky father, who's children ingest, or eat, his Semen6. No, not the way you think perverted minds, the deity of Israel was portrayed as masculine and feminine, a completion, and balance, and who's names exemplify this understanding. Such as "El Shaddai"7, meaning, "My Breast of Power", representing the divine spirit, who's Milk, or Oil, her children suckle, to gain understanding. Remember that Ancient Israeli were concrete speakers, conveying abstracts in this manner, and so, this depiction is simply portraying the "Seed planted in the Earth", the "semen in Asherah's womb", the "milk children suckle from god", and the "oil that anoints Israel". Israel did not take this literally, and they did not commit to obscene acts. The Ox bull is the symbol for Divine, and this word for "Ox" and "King", and "God", is the word "El" in Semitic, literally meaning the "Ox whom you shephard", or the "Shephard of Ox", and more abstractly meaning "power", as the one who "Shepherds Oxen" must be "powerful", in order to yoke the necks of such mighty beasts. The Calf is the younger other, who is to be Yoked8 to the much older ox, in a covenant, to learn the way of tilling the field, as an offspring to the older (he is the father). And for the last of all, I have waited to explain that the Israelites are not the only ones who represented the sky father giving his children semen, but the Egyptians did also, and this represented both a concrete and abstract thing, for one, it represented the priestly bread that the gold smith made from white snot, containing alkaline substance, part of which was monatomic gold, baked into bread, and fed to the initiates; the other thing it represented was the Spirit seed, represented by semen, planted into the womb, to make all life9. Yes, even the Israelites, after departing egypt, were given white bread from their mighty "El", called "Manna"10, which was said to be created, in part, by grinding down gold, and was eventually made by the goldsmith for the show bread rack as part of the Levitical rights and responsibilities.

Additional notes:

a: called Ashtarte in Northwest (Greek, Phoenician) and West Semitic, Asherah in Ugarit Semitic (in relation to Hittite Hannahanna, and in connection to Ashtarte), and Ashteroth in Northwest Semitic, and Ashtar in Semitic, Ishtar in East (Akkadian) Semitic, possibly Nin-an-ak in Sumerian, and Hannahanna in Hurrian society, an Indo-European group.

1: Mechanical translation of Ten Commandments, inside Jeff A. Benner's book, Paleo-Hebrew Lexicon, and here: https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/biblical-history/ten-commandments-in-hebrew.htm 

2: For more on Eastern Philosophy, you can visit Jeff A. Benner's various works: https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/language/philosophy-of-the-hebrew-language.htm

3: Also "Shamesh", proposed to mean, "[He] named fire", from root word "Sham", the ideogram of "Breast(later tooth)-Liquid", literally meaning, "Breath" which is the "character", or "name" of any entity in Semitic culture, as a breast protrudes, it goes forth over the water, as wind does, over the earth, or maybe more sensibly, the tooth represents "Fire", and is the hot over the land, which the Eastern folk know, is the Hot "wind".

4: In Paleo-West-Semitic, "servant" is the same word as, "Sun", being "Shamesh", only, pronounced differently with vowel sounds, perhaps, "Shemash, or Shamash". The reason being, it was believed, the "Sun" was the attendant to the earth, giving her warmth as his concubine, and so, any "Servant, or Attendant", was named after the character of the sun, "Shamash", as an attendant of the Earth.

5: The very word "Father", in Semitic, is spelled "A-v", and is the Ideograms of the "Ox-Stick", or in other words, the "strong pole", which upholds the Nomadic tents of the descendants of Abraham. This then, represents the father, who has to hunt, and labor all day, that the tent may continue to stand, for if the land is barren, the woman will have to drop tent, and move somewhere else.

6: Semen, is an english word that comes from a Semitic word, which can be pronounced "Semen", and mean the same thing, except, in Semitic, this can also be pronounced numerous different ways, to connotate different meanings, such as "Shemen", which means "Oil", and this is where, we see "Oil" as a offering in supplication to "god", or as salv-ation, or the anointing of prophets.

7: "El Shaddai", from "El" meaning "power", and "Shad" meaning "breast", with an "i" suffix, noting possession. As "Shad" is the depiction of the "two breasts moving back and forth".

8: In Semitic culture(s), one would bring a younger ox, and yoke him to the plough with a much older ox, sometimes the father ox, in order to teach the youth, how to plough the field from beginning to the ending destination. Thereafter the Israelites made it a poetic representation of their people in a covenant with their god, going to the destination  of heaven.

9: Story of "Ptahotep", where is explained that he created with semen and spit.

10: "Mana" to the Israelites, is also said to be called "Shamanah" among other groups, in egypt and mesopotamia.

Some sources:

Inanna daughter of Nannahttps://www.britannica.com/topic/Ishtar-Mesopotamian-goddess , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inanna

Later called Ishtarhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inanna

Meaning of Ishtarhttp://www.assyrianlanguages.org/akkadian/dosearch.php?searchkey=5231&language=id

Hebrew Lexiconhttps://www.ancient-hebrew.org/ahlb/aleph.html

Asherah, pillars of Asherahhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah

Ptahotep

Allen, James PGenesis in Egypt: The Philosophy of Ancient Egyptian Creation Accounts. New Haven, 1988.

Gunn, Battiscombe GInstruction of Ptah-Hotep and the Instruction of Ke'Gemni: The Oldest Books in the World. 1998 Google books

Rothöhler, Benedikt. Neue Gedanken zum Denkmal memphitischer Theologie. Heidelberg, 2006 www.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/archiv/7030

Sandman Holmberg, Maj. The God Ptah. C. W. K. Gleerup, 1946.

Thompson, Dorothy JMemphis Under the Ptolemies, Second Edition. Princeton, 2012.

Zivie, Alain-Pierre. Memphis et ses nécropoles au Nouvel Empire. Éditions du CNRS, 1988

Gold breadhttps://youtu.be/nJfCyjUHkGc

On 11/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, VastLand said:

Such as "El Shaddai"7, meaning, "My Breast of Power", representing the divine spirit, who's Milk, or Oil, her children suckle, to gain understanding.

Is this more of Jeff's "Revisionist Hebrew?" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Shaddai

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, VastLand said:

1: Mechanical translation of Ten Commandments, inside Jeff A. Benner's book, Paleo-Hebrew Lexicon, and here: https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/biblical-history/ten-commandments-in-hebrew.htm 

The ancient Hebrews had many more commandments than that. It was Christianity that made 10 of them something special. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Piney said:

The ancient Hebrews had many more commandments than that. It was Christianity that made 10 of them something special. 

It’s either 616 or 712 commandments IIRC, many of which only applied to certsin peoples living in certsin places. 

• Thanks 1