Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

888 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

larryp
On 9/23/2019 at 2:39 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, I sit corrected. I thought . . ." 

Yeah, Yahweh's name appears over 7,000 times throughout the Bible. He wanted it to be known. As an Arthur, an engineer or inventor would like their name to be recognized.

Edited by larryp
details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
23 minutes ago, larryp said:

As an Arthur, an engineer or inventor would like their name to be recognized.

So your god is subject to vanity as well as petty jealousy?

Good thing the real gods lack those character flaws completely. They like everybody, unconditionally. 

Well, except Ancient Egyptians. 

Not even going to address the aardvark in the room  

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why even engage with him? It is an exercise in futility. Does not, will not, cannot, listen to anything that refutes his holy beliefs, yet provides no evidence or citations to back up his assertions.

There is no discussion with him and all comments fall on deaf ears.

Hi Jodie

not all of us are intentionally deaf.:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Not trying to make excuses but on my part I think it was all the yelling my ex did that thickened the eardrums.:whistle:

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
30 minutes ago, larryp said:

Yeah, Yahweh's name appears over 7,000 times throughout the Bible. He wanted it to be known. As an Arthur, an engineer or inventor would like their name to be recognized.

Hi Larryp

You have been provided with research that refutes your 7000 times so you are dead in the water on that one.

As an Arthur,

King Arthur was no Christian.

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
33 minutes ago, larryp said:

Yeah, Yahweh's name appears over 7,000 times throughout the Bible. He wanted it to be known. As an Arthur, an engineer or inventor would like their name to be recognized.

Author......Gee you are so well educated. :yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
11 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

So your god is subject to vanity as well as petty jealousy?

Good thing the real gods lack those character flaws completely. They like everybody, unconditionally. 

Well, except Ancient Egyptians. 

Not even going to address the aardvark in the room  

—Jaylemurph 

Hi Jaylemurph

Are you referring to a petty aardvark.:rolleyes::whistle:

jmccr8

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Jaylemurph

Are you referring to a petty aardvark.:rolleyes::whistle:

jmccr8

Nope — I thought maybe one of the site yoofs might get it, but alas, no. I meant Arthur the Aardvark from the books/TV:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Read#/media/File:Arthur_Read.svg

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Nope — I thought maybe one of the site yoofs might get it, but alas, no. I meant Arthur the Aardvark from the books/TV:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Read#/media/File:Arthur_Read.svg

—Jaylemurph 

Hi Jaylemurph

 Well in defence of my ignorance I was a 'Special Child" so I was not introduced to Arthur the Aardvark and thank you for the enlightenment.:lol:

I was concerned primarily with the petty issues here.:rolleyes:

jmccr8

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
23 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I was concerned primarily with the petty issues here.:rolleyes:

I think that case of absolute ignorance is beginning to fade away finally. :yes:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
larryp
On 9/22/2019 at 10:47 PM, cormac mac airt said:

It's STILL POST-Exilic in origin. You have no point. 

cormac

People are watching your nonsense, and drawing closer to Yahweh all the time. Thanks!

Edited by larryp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
2 minutes ago, larryp said:

People are watching your nonsense, and drawing closer to Yahweh all the time. Thanks!

In your dreams. People see your willfull ignorance and are embarrassed for you. 

cormac

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
9 hours ago, Piney said:

I think that case of absolute ignorance is beginning to fade away finally. :yes:

It just gets replaced, unfortunately. 
cormac

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
18 minutes ago, larryp said:

People are watching your nonsense, and drawing closer to Yahweh all the time. Thanks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Christianity

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
larryp
On 9/23/2019 at 12:21 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi larryp

Yup and he enlisted a human army to carve his piece of the god pie, kinda funny how gods have us humans to kill each other every time they have a disagreement.

jmccr8

This enlisted army was told first to offer up a term of surrender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
5 minutes ago, larryp said:

This enlisted army was told first to offer up a term of surrender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Christianity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Bad psychology and subtle threats. Nice! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It says "primitive" man based their religion on fear yet subtly instructs Christians to believe for the same reasons.

If you failed to notice that, you are truly a idiot. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Bad psychology and subtle threats. Nice! 

 

 

Christianity's Problem

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Will Due said:
Quote
1 minute ago, Piney said:

It says "primitive" man based their religion on fear yet subtly instructs Christians to believe for the same reasons.

 

This^^^^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
12 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Larryp

You have been provided with research that refutes your 7000 times so you are dead in the water on that one.

As an Arthur,

King Arthur was no Christian.

jmccr8

I don't think he means King Arthur:

Arthur-Godfrey-Posed-in-Checkered-Blazer

Harte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
16 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It says my 2 siblings are incapable of all their volunteer work with the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, the AFSC and the VOA because they are atheists.

Nice....So what have you done to fix this broken world? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
20 minutes ago, Piney said:

It says my 2 siblings are incapable of all their volunteer work with the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, the AFSC and the VOA because they are atheists.

Nice....So what have you done to fix this broken world? 

 

Helped you to fix your broken world hopefully.

 

 

Edited by Will Due

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Helped you to fix your broken world hopefully.

Preaching bad racist history and unscientific nonsense is doing no such thing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
larryp
On 9/23/2019 at 3:56 AM, Peter Cox said:

However following human nature, and their lust for power what better way that creating the illusion of power by creating heaven, earth and hell and then telling the masses that if they do not do certain things they end in eternal damnation. 

The Scriptures do not teach that Yahweh will torture the bad. Learn the original Greek and Hebrew words for Hell

Edited by larryp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.