Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

888 posts in this topic

Piney
4 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

English is a bastardisation of many different languages. Have you seen how many times the British Isles have been invaded?

English is West Germanic with a ton of loan words.

Geordie and Bronte Country don't have the loan words so nobody can understand what we're saying. :yes:

• Like 2

VastLand
16 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Yes. 

Trying to understand and communicate theories without merit and which rely on knowingly falsifying or using exploded data is crazy. 

Doesn’t stop the phringe cabal from doing every day. 

—Jaylemurph 

see you simply do not understand. I needed to know what his definition was, to understand if we mean the same thing, or as to what opinion was fact. I am sick of this squabble.

VastLand
15 hours ago, Piney said:

It is. Proto-Sinaitic is the first Semitic writing. He just keeps calling it "Proto-Semitic" which is a improper term. 

web articles say something very different, says proto-semitic dates back to 4c BCE, which is at totally different language.

VastLand
11 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

English is a bastardisation of many different languages. Have you seen how many times the British Isles have been invaded?

Yeah, a sprachbund, with a ton of loan words, most of influence comes from migration west from East Germany.

Piney
Just now, VastLand said:

see you simply do not understand. I needed to know what his definition was, to understand if we mean the same thing, or as to what opinion was fact. I am sick of this squabble.

Yes, but you are using incorrect terms, which should tell you a lot about Jeff. 

• Like 1

Piney
Just now, VastLand said:

web articles say something very different, says proto-semitic dates back to 4c BCE, which is at totally different language.

Link to the articles? 

• Like 1

VastLand
19 hours ago, Piney said:

In academia it is facts or theories. In linguistics there are only facts. He makes up fictions, which is why Jewish academics don't agree with him. 

I was talking about you. :huh: Trying to level an understanding with you.

English is a IE language and has no Semitic influences. Just some borrowed names from a later date. Arabic is a Semitic Language. Get you facts straight.

Yet they had no influence on each other whatsoever.    

They are straight. English is very much like a sprachbund, and it has many loan words too.  

The mere fact that English comes out of Germanic region, and split ties from the East Germanic, being the language of the Sakka-sons, she most definitely has her roots in Indo-European, and Semitic.

jaylemurph
11 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Nope. Not true. The core vocabulary is solidly Germanic. It’s an Ingvaeonic Northwestern Germanic language, a member of the Anglo-Frisian family. As late as WWII, American soldiers could hold mutually intelligible conversations with Dutch Frisians. 

And “two.” The answer is two — the British Isles were invaded by the Romans and the Normans. What the Angles, Saxons and Jutes did was a migration, not an invasion (even pseudo-historical sources are at pains to tell you they were /invited/ to come over). Ditto the Vikings — they never really stayed, long-term, which is inherent in the term invade. 

But your point sort of stands; English has been influenced heavily by many other languages, Latin, Norse, Old French. We’ve even borrowed the same word multiple times from French. But it in no way has been degraded or “bastardized” by them. Arguably, the opposite!

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

VastLand
4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yes, but you are using incorrect terms, which should tell you a lot about Jeff. 

no it is not jeff, it was me, as for paleo-hebrew, which I assumed, was reffering to original semitic, but perhaps that is the word proto.

Jeff has a different opinion, I assure you. I seek to study both proto-semitic, and Paleo-hebrew.

Piney
Just now, VastLand said:

The mere fact that English comes out of Germanic region, and split ties from the East Germanic, being the language of the Sakka-sons, she most definitely has her roots in Indo-European, and Semitic.

Where are you getting this garbage?  The Sakka are Eastern Iranians and English has no Semitic roots whatsoever. 

Piney
1 minute ago, VastLand said:

no it is not jeff, it was me, as for paleo-hebrew, which I assumed, was reffering to original semitic, but perhaps that is the word proto.

Jeff has a different opinion, I assure you. I seek to study both proto-semitic, and Paleo-hebrew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Semitic_language

It not connected to Germanic in any way.....

jaylemurph
8 minutes ago, VastLand said:

In the words of Homer Simpson, “Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
9 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

In the words of Homer Simpson, “Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”

—Jaylemurph 

I just figured out where his trash is coming from.

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/

Great!!! A Native American following a British White Supremacy group. :huh:

• Like 1

jaylemurph
5 minutes ago, VastLand said:

I was talking about you. :huh: Trying to level an understanding with you.

They are straight. English is very much like a sprachbund, and it has many loan words too.  

You need to stop using words you don’t understand. English is not like a Sprachbund. By definition, that involves multiple languages from multiple families. Saying English is like one is like saying one Hershey’s Kiss is like an entire sack full of Hallowe’en candy. 

I’m not sure why you’ve latched on to the Saka — some element of your, ahem, “theory” (another word you’re not using correctly) — but they didn’t speak a Semitic language. It was an Indo-Iranian one. The only extant East Germanic language with evidence is Gothic, to which there are many demonstrable links to English. 

But there’s no demonstrable link between any Semitic language and English. And you’ve pretty much crashed out on having an informed opinion on historical linguistics. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jaylemurph
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Are those the “Jews turned into English people so god’s okay with us taking over the world” folk?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Piney
1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

Are those the “Jews turned into English people so god’s okay with us taking over the world” folk?

—Jaylemurph 

Yup.......

Harte
8 hours ago, Piney said:

English is West Germanic with a ton of loan words.

Geordie and Bronte Country don't have the loan words so nobody can understand what we're saying. :yes:

Okay, okay. You can use "chronically astonished."

Felt bad for you, not having any loan words and such, so I loaned you a couple.

Harte

• Haha 2

Piney
Just now, Harte said:

Okay, okay. You can use "chronically astonished."

Speaking of chronic, Scotty and his red paint are back. :o

Harte
1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

They better bring ham, and lots of it.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 1

Swede
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Now that is simply painful. Did you peruse their "Archaeology" heading?

Note: The source of this particular site has a California address.

• Like 3

Harte
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Speaking of chronic, Scotty and his red paint are back. :o

I saw. Please don't quote him or I'll see more.

Harte

• Haha 2

Harte
1 minute ago, Swede said:

Note: The source of this particular site has a California address..

The sort of site I'd turn on my VPN to visit, and I don't want to turn on my VPN.

Harte

• Like 1

Swede
4 minutes ago, Harte said:

The sort of site I'd turn on my VPN to visit, and I don't want to turn on my VPN.

Harte

Rest assured, mine is on.

• Like 2

Harte

I'm using the free tunnel bear. I don't want to waste the limited data that's free on something like that.

Harte

• Thanks 1

Piney
10 minutes ago, Swede said:

It's old news to me. The Sakka crap Vastland spouted looked familiar and I took a wild guess at it being those idiots. 

• Like 2