Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

10 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry jay but one has to figure out why these stories were written :)

As a parable, a story that is it, you dont need to figure out why the hunger games or game of throne books were written do you? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Researchers have assembled a collection of 981 different manuscripts – discovered in 1946/47 and in 1956 – from 11 caves,

so how could those  manuscripts  be discovered to be in the Bible?

They were DISCOVERED then, not written DISCOVERED so they were written ages ago and mostly included. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

They also used the Sumerian language, whether or not wiki actually tells you this.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^ The above article has nothing to do with what I asked you to prove-just smoke and mirrors. Are you paying attention?

Uh, the article traces the semantic shifts in the meaning of the word for blood-guilt, which was precisely Cormac’s point. 

No smoke and mirrors. 

—Jaylemurph  

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^ The above article has nothing to do with what I asked you to prove-just smoke and mirrors. Are you paying attention?

So you're not competent enough to understand the difference between murder and self-defense? That explains a lot. 

For the specific Commandment: 

6) Thou shalt not murder.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-ten-commandments

cormac

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Uh, the article traces the semantic shifts in the meaning of the word for blood-guilt, which was precisely Cormac’s point. 

No smoke and mirrors. 

—Jaylemurph  

It did no such thing - smoke and mirrors.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, jaylemurph said:

" You don't stop speaking a language because someone tells you to . . ."

Sure you can, If Yahweh instructs you to. Look at you, clay, trying to tell the potter what he can and can't do. LoL . . . LoL

When you're able to produce a gas exchange, deep down in your "avail sac," which allows you to breathe, then you can talk like you know something. 

Edited by larryp

32 minutes ago, larryp said:

It did no such thing - smoke and mirrors.

Means you didn't read it, but still feel comfortable describing it.

No bloodguilt is incurred by homicide in self-defense (Ex. 22:1), judicial execution (Lev. 20:9–16), and war (I Kings 2:5–6). The priestly legislation may indicate some qualification of the view that war is justifiable homicide. For example, David was disqualified from building the Temple (I Chron. 22:8).

Harte

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, larryp said:

Sure you can, If Yahweh instructs you to. Look at you, clay, trying to tell the potter what he can and can't do. LoL . . . LoL

Hey, you do literally anything to produce an iota of hard proof your half-caste Phoenician storm god is real and I'll listen, but if the best minds of the past 2,000 years can't, my expectations for you aren't very high.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Harte said:

Means you didn't read it, but still feel comfortable describing it.

Harte

Yes! Yahweh has always allowed justifiable killings. So, what is your point?

42 minutes ago, larryp said:

Sure you can, If Yahweh instructs you to. Look at you, clay, trying to tell the potter what he can and can't do. LoL . . . LoL

:lol:

Religious subforum is thataway>>>>>>>

Take your backwards superstitious dreck there. :yes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

And unjustifiable ones if you read Samuel. :yes:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

And unjustifiable ones if you read Samuel. :yes:

Pretty sure most of those million-plus “x-ites” never did anything other than living where the Jews wanted to, and they still got smote. 

Justify /that/. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Pretty sure most of those million-plus “x-ites” never did anything other than living where the Jews wanted to, and they still got smote. 

Justify /that/. 

—Jaylemurph 

And allegedly on the command of a Midianite deity who'd been merged with a Canaanite deity and reworked to become the one and only "God" of the Hebrews, while not being original to them to begin with. Yeah right. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And allegedly on the command of a Midianite deity who'd been merged with a Canaanite deity and reworked to become the one and only "God" of the Hebrews, while not being original to them to begin with. 

Who had a imaginary mortal son that there is no historical record of whatsoever. :yes:

• Like 4

On 9/9/2019 at 1:45 PM, cormac mac airt said:

It's sad how someone claims the Dead Sea Scrolls compared to modern Bibles shows "no" changes when, as an example, the Commandment "Thou shalt not kill" was originally "Thou shall not murder". The distinction being that defending ones self is justifiable but premeditation IS NOT. The inherent hypocrisy of this lies in that shortly after the time Moses was allegedly given the 10 Commandments by God, God instructed the Israelites to destroy or subjugate everyone they came across in their settling of the Promised Land. Not exactly a loving Creator. 

cormac

On 9/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, larryp said:

Prove it!!

11 hours ago, larryp said:

I guess you lost your train of "thought," assuming one can call it that.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, cormac mac airt said:

And yet it doesn’t negate what I just said. Nice try. 

cormac

Talk about beating a dead horse - LoL . . . LoL . . . .

16 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

And allegedly on the command of a Midianite deity who'd been merged with a Canaanite deity and reworked to become the one and only "God" of the Hebrews, while not being original to them to begin with. Yeah right. 

cormac

Just so you know, the Hebrews were monotheistic (worship one God), whereas their Canaanite neighbors were polytheistic (worship many gods.) 

4 minutes ago, larryp said:

Just so you know, the Hebrews were monotheistic (worship one God), whereas their Canaanite neighbors were polytheistic (worship many gods.) 

The Hebrews were a branch of the Canaanites and they were polytheistic up until the Roman Period.

• Like 2

^^^ You flood me with a bunch of links and guess that I will read all of them? Where is your point in the links above?
Stop smoke and mirrors!!

Edited by larryp

24 minutes ago, larryp said:

Just so YOU know, the Hebrews were Canaanite and POLYTHEISTIC to begin with. It wasn't until much later that they became monotheistic. Yahweh was originally part of a pantheon of gods and not even the most important one nor a creator deity. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^ You flood me with a bunch of links and guess that I will read all of them? Where is your point in the links above?
Stop smoke and mirrors!!

People are providing you with facts and yet to refuse to see them. You are incredibly stubborn in everything you post and there is no point in people replying to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4