Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
South Alabam

World of Warcraft Classic launching Aug 27th

South Alabam
Posted (edited)

The drums of war thunder once again… Return to a lost era of Azeroth and experience the timeless stories that defined this world at war.

World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft—it runs a bit smoother on today’s computers, but the game still looks and feels like you’re playing World of Warcraft from 2006. Combat mechanics, original character models and skill trees all contribute to a truly authentic experience, as do your interactions with other players. Your reliance on others to take on the world was at the heart of the original WoW and is at the heart of World of Warcraft Classic.

1. Experience the game as it was before the release of any of its expansion sets, and journey back to its beginnings.
  2. Venture forth into epic encounters such as Molten Core, Onyxia and Maraudon at launch—as players progress, we’ll introduce more content like Alterac Valley, the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort and Naxxramas.
  3. Keep an eye on the ongoing discussions and news to see the latest World of Warcraft Classic updates!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

With a subscription you can play Classic now, but I believe the servers will be wiped. If you never played WoW pre-expansions, it is not the same as now as the expansions changed the core parts of Azeroth altering it. This returns it to the way it was.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 3

Scholar4Truth

I remember World of Warcraft was big in the early 2000's, it was like today with people and Fortnite

• Like 1

South Alabam
Posted (edited)

Actually they were just stress testing the server until August 8th. if you have an account you can reserve a name on the created servers they have now.

U.S Launch is August 26th, Worldwide is Aug 27th.

I've already found a west coast Horde guild that will be casual, taking our time, and raiding twice on weekends and maybe one other day they have said, after everyone gets to 60 in 4 to 6 months.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2

Tatetopa
On 8/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, South Alabam said:

I've already found a west coast Horde guild that will be casual, taking our time, and raiding twice on weekends and maybe one other day they have said, after everyone gets to 60 in 4 to 6 months.

Those were good days when WOW first came on the scene.  It was such a mind blower.  Very best of luck, I hope you have found a congenial guild.  It seemed like guilds were all important in Classic times. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ExpandMyMind

People will enjoy this for a month, maybe a few, before they realise that the nostalgia they have for Classic WoW was not about the gameplay, which has been improved constantly for 15 years, but for the new experience and community, which don't exist anymore.

• Like 2

South Alabam
Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2019 at 4:09 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

People will enjoy this for a month, maybe a few, before they realise that the nostalgia they have for Classic WoW was not about the gameplay, which has been improved constantly for 15 years, but for the new experience and community, which don't exist anymore.

Well the community will be there, which I agree isn't there now. The private server demands which number well over a million are the reason WoW Classic is coming back. There is a demand for it. I will play it and never go to retail.

If you have never played Vanilla WoW it is not the same as now. Every expansion destroyed parts of Azeroth, killed main players, and changed quest lines all the way to the last expansion. Look at the Night Elves home, Teldrassil. It is completely burnt and gone.

Game play might have improved, but you don't destroy the core part of the game that gave you at one point over 10,000,000 players. It started out as a challenging, hardcore MMORPG, and now is an Action MMO.

That is probably why most players leave, myself included, and now I'm coming back, and I plan on staying for years, like before.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

South Alabam

The game launches today 8/26/19 in the U.S at 3 P.M Eastern, and tomorrow elsewhere, worldwide. There are 18 U.S servers, with 4 being created just today, and three are medium, and one is full, already. Well see how it all mellows out in the months to come.

• Like 1

Tatetopa
On 8/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, South Alabam said:

The game launches today 8/26/19 in the U.S at 3 P.M Eastern, and tomorrow elsewhere, worldwide. There are 18 U.S servers, with 4 being created just today, and three are medium, and one is full, already. Well see how it all mellows out in the months to come.

First Impressions?