Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orange socks Jane doe identified

Billyf

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/wilco-sheriff-victim-in-orange-socks-murder-cold-case-identified

This case has always interested me.I known Henry Lee Lucas retracted his confession but I've always wondered if he really did have something to do with it. It's been a long time, but I thought I read something about him having knowledge of the crime that wasn't released at the time, making it one of his more credible confessions. Either way, I'm glad she was finally identified

Edited by Holden M. Caulfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I had never heard of this case but I am glad the victim is finally identified.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Holden M. Caulfield said:

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/wilco-sheriff-victim-in-orange-socks-murder-cold-case-identified

This case has always interested me.I known Henry Lee Lucas retracted his confession but I've always wondered if he really did have something to do with it. It's been a long time, but I thought I read something about him having knowledge of the crime that wasn't released at the time, making it one of his more credible confessions. Either way, I'm glad she was finally identified

Can't believe it took so long.  That Henry Lee Lucas was one of the most frightening individuals I've ever read about.  Him and that Otis Toole freak are in hell where they belong. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2019 at 12:43 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I had never heard of this case but I am glad the victim is finally identified.

Henry Lee Lucas, many unsolved murders were attributed to him once they caught him.

He would admit to murder, then retract it. 

The orange socks victim was not identified -  until now.

The DNA testing truely is a remarkable break-through. 

On 8/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, Holden M. Caulfield said:

I've always wondered if he really did have something to do with it.

I have never had any doubts that he did. He would confess to murders then retract them. 

Biggest mistake the legal system did was to release him from prison due to "overcrowding"  JEEEZE!!!!

He was out to kill and he was not going to stop until he was caught, thankfully he was, but not without leaving a trail of murder behind him.

The justice department are partly responsible for all those deaths as he should have remained in prison for the full 40 years given to him for murdering his mother. His mind was so messed up, he was never going to get better.