Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark Review

rashore

In 1981, Harper published Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and decades of nightmares followed. The books were aimed at young readers, but the often disturbing stories accompanied by terrifying illustrations both traumatized – and thrilled – generations. Now, Scary Stories comes to the big screen, thanks to Guillermo del Toro and André Øvredal. Does the film adaptation have the power of the books? Or were these Scary Stories not worth telling? Spoilers follow.

The true villain of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark isn’t the bug-infested scarecrow Harold. Nor is it the ghoulish specter searching for her missing toe; nor the so-called Jangly Man, assembled at odd-angles from dismembered body parts. It’s not even Sarah Bellows, the ghostly figure who is behind all the terror that seeps into the narrative. No, the real big bad of Scary Stories is – believe it or not – Richard Nixon.

https://www.slashfilm.com/scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark-spoiler-review/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

• Scholar4Truth

I still have all 3 books from when I was in Elementary School. I look forward to seeing the film.