Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CNN's Chris Cuomo Threatens

Gwynbleidd

I've got to say I've always liked Chris Cuomo but I was very surprised that he carried on like this.  I know people act differently off the tv cameras, but oh dear, this is a bit over the top.  Threatening to throw someone down the stairs isn't exactly nice behaviour either. 

You can also see WAPO covering this too https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/13/chris-cuomo-fredo-video-threats-cnn/  

WARNING: Language/Swearing/Threats of Violence

But the core of the backlash centered on one claim from Cuomo: that calling an Italian person “Fredo” was comparable to using the n-word — an assertion that had many Italian Americans scratching their heads and other critics calling Cuomo out of bounds.

Sounds very much like they were stirring each other up to the point that a fight might have ensued. Silly things :( 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

But the core of the backlash centered on one claim from Cuomo: that calling an Italian person “Fredo” was comparable to using the n-word — an assertion that had many Italian Americans scratching their heads and other critics calling Cuomo out of bounds.

Sounds like fake news.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Sounds like fake news.

Here's the problem right here. Cuomo's assertion may, and is, wrong, but that doesn't make it "fake news". The altercation occurred. An event happened. No one faked anything,  yet the label "fake  news" is, ironically enough liberally applied to an actual situation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just another thin skinned leftist. :whistle:

Best thing you can do when someone calls you a derogatory name is just laugh at them. Makes them look foolish and you own the day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Best thing you can do when someone calls you a derogatory name is just laugh at them. Makes them look foolish and you own the day.

I put up with it all my life. I think I was in 4th grade when it stopped bothering me. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Here's the problem right here. Cuomo's assertion may, and is, wrong, but that doesn't make it "fake news". The altercation occurred. An event happened. No one faked anything,  yet the label "fake  news" is, ironically enough liberally applied to an actual situation. 

People don't have a clue what the term even means. It's basically just an empty slogan for them, to be thrown at anything they don't like or agree with. 

• Thanks 3

I've watch a video on youtube about this and a lot of people comment on it claiming to be Italian-American never heard the word Fredo being a slur.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I've watch a video on youtube about this and a lot of people comment on it claiming to be Italian-American never heard the word Fredo being a slur.

That's what a few people on dailymail said! "Fredo" is mostly associated with PASTA. 

• Like 4

Funniest part of this playing victim...

Video has surfaced of Cuomo calling himself Fredo before lol,when CNN was asked to respond they declined :lol:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

People don't have a clue what the term even means. It's basically just an empty slogan for them, to be thrown at anything they don't like or agree with. 

No, I have actually posted a "fake news" link where the media has been caught in lies. Just because you choose to ignore that or pass it off as one being clueless is your problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It was fake news in that he said  "Fredo" was akin to being an n-word. Totally false according to even Italians themselves.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It was fake news in that he said i"Fredo" was akin to being an n-word. Totally false according to even Italians themselves.

unfortunately by standards liberals push on us, if he is offended, it IS offensive, that is all they need. how one feels, not what the word  actually is.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Princess Serenity said:

That's what a few people on dailymail said! "Fredo" is mostly associated with PASTA. 

How about Fredo-Lay: a chip on his shoulder.:lol:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Princess Serenity said:

Or chocolate frogs in Australia.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

damn, and we only get chocolate rabbits and bears,.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

It was fake news in that he said  "Fredo" was akin to being an n-word. Totally false according to even Italians themselves.

Being wrong isn't akin to fake news. It's not even news. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

How about Fredo-Lay: a chip on his shoulder.:lol:

Remember Frito Bandido? What an uproar THAT would cause these days...... :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I have never heard the word before except for in the pasta dish Alfredo.  Plus in the Godfather, but that said, I'd not have remembered that for the life of me. 

I thought these two were stirring each up unfairly.  I kinda thought the guy with the camera (obv secretly recording) said it to get a rise out of Cuomo.  I can't believe Cuomo's tirade though.  He's went off and I'm not sure if he might've been drunk.  Talk about getting a little emotional and went all macho puffing his chest out and spouting the F word as fast as he could.  You and I may not have the same thoughts on politics @ExpandMyMind but Chris Cuomo was one of the very few people who I kinda liked in the msm news.  But it takes two to tango, and I think the other guy stirred Chris up first, in the hopes of catching him out especially as he had his phone at the hand ready to go.  True it doesn't make it right to go off the deep end and make threats of throwing that ass down the stairs etc, but it shows that both sides are to blame here.  To me anyway, others probably disagree. :(   

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Nom nom nom!

That's what I first though of too SWoH - except for the different spelling but meh...

freddo.jpg

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, pixiii said:

I've got to say I've always liked Chris Cuomo but I was very surprised that he carried on like this.  I know people act differently off the tv cameras, but oh dear, this is a bit over the top.  Threatening to throw someone down the stairs isn't exactly nice behaviour either. 

This is a weird one where I actually agree with Sean Hannity.....good for Cuomo.

Edit to add if you watch his show this really doesnt strike me as out of character either.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Fredo is the traitorous b****** in the Godfather. No one with an eye on that world wants to be referred to as Fredo

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

This is a weird one where I actually agree with Sean Hannity.....good for Cuomo.

Edit to add if you watch his show this really doesnt strike me as out of character either.

If you're referring to Cuomo and his show, I've always thought he's much better at interviewing than Don Lemon who is much like Tucker Carlson imo.  I can't stand the snippy and snarky remarks they pull, simply to get a rise out of whoever they're interviewing.  I realise it's probably for ratings, but I'm just not someone who enjoys watching that sort of thing.  I was just shocked at how Cuomo reacted, but as someone said earlier, if he found it offensive, then it's offensive and people just have to respect it.  

Much like people labeling me a white supremacist simply because I might stick up for Trump on more occasions than not.  I find that offensive as I'm sure other's do too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pixiii said:

Much like people labeling me a white supremacist simply because I might stick up for Trump on more occasions than not.  I find that offensive as I'm sure other's do too. 

Yeah im just gonna be honest.  While youve done nothing to make me think youre a supremacist of any sort there is a classic saying "A man is known by the company he keeps". 

To be generous we are reaching a point where regardless of what political good an individual sees from Trump the malice, bigotry, and chaos he is bringing to this nation should be enough to make decent people turn away.

An individual is known by the company they keep, stick up for whomever you like, just dont be shocked when his and their dirt gets stuck to you.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1