Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CNN's Chris Cuomo Threatens

Gwynbleidd

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah im just gonna be honest.  While youve done nothing to make me think youre a supremacist of any sort there is a classic saying "A man is known by the company he keeps". 

To be generous we are reaching a point where regardless of what political good an individual sees from Trump the malice, bigotry, and chaos he is bringing to this nation should be enough to make decent people turn away.

An individual is known by the company they keep, stick up for whomever you like, just dont be shocked when his and their dirt gets stuck to you.

You know what, that's a really good point as it can be true in some instances.  If you hung out with a bunch of thugs, you'd get the name of a thug too, even though you may be the most peace loving person EVER.  

No offense to you - It's a shame people label others in this way.  I was of the impression that it's this type of mentality that we've been fighting against for the past 10 years or so.  Not to label others because of their opinions.  We teach our kids not to see others in a different light simply because they're poorer than we are etc.  Sad state of affairs if we all judged each other simply because of the company they keep. I have to keep up with it whether I like it or not.....or I get into trouble by my kids who say I'm not being accepting of all people (eg. some crazy woman driver whips around the corner in a school zone like a maniac and I say, "Oh my, look at that stupid woman driver!" and I get, "Mum, that's sexist!" back at me.  The things they teach them now. :rolleyes::lol:   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pixiii said:

We teach our kids not to see others in a different light simply because they're poorer than we are etc.  Sad state of affairs if we all judged each other simply because of the company they keep.

Nahh comon thats a copout isnt it? Youre talking about things that people cant control like their family's financial status vs willful choices

Ok sorry sorry im really not trying to be rude

9 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I have to keep up with it whether I like it or not.....or I get into trouble by my kids who say I'm not being accepting of all people (eg. some crazy woman driver whips around the corner in a school zone like a maniac and I say, "Oh my, look at that stupid woman driver!" and I get, "Mum, that's sexist!" back at me.  The things they teach them now. :rolleyes::lol:   

I appreciate it largely just because its the wholesale opposite of how i was raised. The meaner the better seemed to be my family  and community's mottoes  but even then definitely see where it can go too far.

We did just have a hilarious conversation with my 15 year old as he worked very very hard to keep from calling the transgendered person he is a friend of a friend with (honestly not sure which way they went or are going) the wrong pronoun as he was telling us about his day. While the big picture of the whole transgendered thing is freaking weird I was truly appreciative that he thought it was important enough to try and be respectful, even when they werent around. My generation - at least where I was raised- was um different , like her/his  body woulda been left in the bushes different.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Nahh comon thats a copout isnt it? Youre talking about things that people cant control like their family's financial status vs willful choices

Ok sorry sorry im really not trying to be rude

I appreciate it largely just because its the wholesale opposite of how i was raised. The meaner the better seemed to be my family  and community's mottoes  but even then definitely see where it can go too far.

We did just have a hilarious conversation with my 15 year old as he worked very very hard to keep from calling the transgendered person he is a friend of a friend with (honestly not sure which way they went or are going) the wrong pronoun as he was telling us about his day. While the big picture of the whole transgendered thing is freaking weird I was truly appreciative that he thought it was important enough to try and be respectful, even when they werent around. My generation - at least where I was raised- was um different , like her/his  body woulda been left in the bushes different.

No no no!  It's absolutely true!  It's human nature to go round and round contradicting ourselves by saying one thing and ending up doing something completely different.  I'll give you an example - I might see some child at my children's school who is the son of a local member of parliament here.  The child is quite misbehaved and the parent's ideas on raising their child differ somewhat from my Husband's and mine.  I really don't want my child associating with that other child if possible, because of the parent's ideas and the child's behaviour which I believe is ultimately the parent's fault entirely.  But I sound incredibly judgmental right?  I do this as I don't want my children to be influenced by some bratty classmates behaviour.  Am I a bad mother for doing this?  Probably.  I feel bad about it, but I still do it.  Plus I feel really judgmental and yet I think there's probably a lot of that do this or something similar.  I'm just admitting to it. :( 

Absolutely, they teach our kids very differently today.  I'm happy they're much more accepting - certainly better than what some of us would be, that's for sure!

People should queue up for Sainthood or have halo's on their heads if they haven't ever done something along those lines in their entire life. :lol: 

Edited by pixiii

Just now, pixiii said:

No no no!  It's absolutely true!  It's human nature to go round and round contradicting ourselves by saying one thing and ending up doing something completely different.  I'll give you an example - I might see some child at my children's school who is the son of a local member of parliament here.  The child is quite misbehaved and the parent's ideas on raising their child differ somewhat from my Husband's and mine.  I really don't want my child associating with that other child if possible, because of the parent's ideas and the child's behaviour which I believe is ultimately the parent's fault entirely.  But I sound incredibly judgmental right? 

No you sound like a proper parent making what you believe are the best choices for your child. Thats judgement, but sound judgement not negative judgement. You see a result in that child and you want to avoid it in yours.

Again though everything youre discussing is a result of choices the parents are making. There is nothing wrong with saying "you make dumb choices, im not taking the risk of being associated with you"

Sadly a lifetime in public safety has shown me that its rarely the ones making the dumb choices who directly pay the price for said choices.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No you sound like a proper parent making what you believe are the best choices for your child. Thats judgement, but sound judgement not negative judgement. You see a result in that child and you want to avoid it in yours.

Again though everything youre discussing is a result of choices the parents are making. There is nothing wrong with saying "you make dumb choices, im not taking the risk of being associated with you"

Sadly a lifetime in public safety has shown me that its rarely the ones making the dumb choices who directly pay the price for said choices.

It doesn't stop me from feeling "judgy" sometimes, especially when I get pulled up for it by my kids!  That's when I feel out of touch, so I have to try to keep up.  I don't necessarily agree with all of it mind you! :lol: 

The other example was probably much worse - but I never used to want my children hanging out with kids who weren't dressed in good labelled clothing or footwear.  Thank god I've changed a fair bit since then.  What a snob.  That was due to my upbringing though. Yes, I know, no excuses. I remember my mother wouldn't speak to me in a shopping checkout line once because I didn't have makeup on and I was dressed in a pair of cutoff denim shorts.  Oh what a drama!  She pretended she didn't know me.  :( 

Edited by pixiii
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pixiii said:

The other example was probably much worse - but I never used to want my children hanging out with kids who weren't dressed in good labelled clothing or footwear.  Thank god I've changed a bit since then.  What a snob. :( 

Ok yeah thats messed up :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok yeah thats messed up :lol:

Yeeeeeeaa and this is why I liked Chris Cuomo as I always thought he was on a pretty even keel.  He never seemed to go one way or another.  I liked that about him.  I guess it was a stupid shock to me that I got to see him behaving like this, but at the same time, the other guy's probably....most definitely provoked him.  I'd probably go off my brain in the same situation.  Actually, probably not, but you know what I mean.  Plus, did you hear that New York accent of his come out?  I can't remember him sounding like that on CNN!! :o  

Edited by pixiii
spelling

1 minute ago, pixiii said:

Yeeeeeeaa and this is why I liked Chris Cuomo as I always thought he was on a pretty even keel.  He never seemed to go one way or another.  I liked that about him.  I guess it was a stupid shock to me that I got to see him behaving like this, but at the same time, the other guy's probably....most definitely provoked him.  I'd probably go off my brain in the same situation.  Actually, probably not, but you know what I mean.  Plus, did you hear that New York accent of his come out?  I can't remember him sounding like that on CNN!! :o  

Watch him interview a New Yorker and it comes out pretty thick. IDK why but that has to be the most annoying accent on earth IMO 

Ive always like Cuomo's style which is kind but confrontational. I think its the confrontational that made me not surprised at this. Ive seen his frustration with our current soco- political paradigm grow over the years. Watch his interviews with Kellyanne Conway , the fact that he never threatened to throw her down the stairs is a miracle :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hawken said:

I've watch a video on youtube about this and a lot of people comment on it claiming to be Italian-American never heard the word Fredo being a slur.

It’s the equivalent of calling a Russian Ivan, a Frenchman frog an American Yank. He’s wrong it’s not the equivalent of using the N word. There is a derogatory word for Italians but it’s not really the equivalent of the N word. Really I think the only people with and equivalent to the N word are Chinese and Jewish people. Cuomo should probably not drink in public anymore it’s bad for his image.  

Come to think of it he’s probably been really jealous that he’s constantly reporting about victims but never qualified as a victim himself and finally saw his big chance to finally feel like he truly belongs on the left and could be a real victim of racism. It’s like Pinocchio becoming a real boy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Watch him interview a New Yorker and it comes out pretty thick. IDK why but that has to be the most annoying accent on earth IMO 

Ive always like Cuomo's style which is kind but confrontational. I think its the confrontational that made me not surprised at this. Ive seen his frustration with our current soco- political paradigm grow over the years. Watch his interviews with Kellyanne Conway , the fact that he never threatened to throw her down the stairs is a miracle :lol:

Oh wow!  Isn't that funny?  I've never seen him as confrontational at all.  I find Don Lemon to be more confrontational and argumentative than Cuomo.  I love a Long Island and Brooklyn accent, they sound amazing!  Oh I must have a look at the Conway interviews.  But yes, Lemon just irritates me.  He's the reason I stopped watching CNN.......and because Trump told me too (just kidding, I had to drop that in there!) :lol: :P  Oh my horrid sense of humour will get me in trouble.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, skliss said:

Remember Frito Bandido? What an uproar THAT would cause these days...... :P

Aye, yay, yay yay...I am the Frito Bandito :w00t:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

t’s the equivalent of calling a Russian Ivan, a Frenchman frog an American Yank. He’s wrong it’s not the equivalent of using the N word. There is a derogatory word for Italians but it’s not really the equivalent of the N word. Really I think the only people with and equivalent to the N word are Chinese and Jewish people. Cuomo should probably not drink in public anymore it’s bad for his image.  

See this is where you guys have got it all wrong. This was a slip of the tongue by Cuomo. Its not calling an italian Fredo thats the equivalent of the N word its calling someone from a mob family Fredo that is.

From the Archives: Mario Cuomo and Those Mob Rumors :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I love a Long Island and Brooklyn accent, they sound amazing! 

You'd feel right at home listening to folks from New Orleans, then.

• Thanks 1

Just now, and then said:

You'd feel right at home listening to folks from New Orleans, then.

Oh the southern accents?  I said to my Husband when he first moved here from the US, do a southern accent.  There's nothing quite like it is there.  I love the drawl.  We just don't have anything like that here in Australia.  I personally think we sound like Redneck Brits I told someone the other day.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, pixiii said:

Oh the southern accents?  I said to my Husband when he first moved here from the US, do a southern accent.  There's nothing quite like it is there.  I love the drawl.  We just don't have anything like that here in Australia.  I personally think we sound like Redneck Brits I told someone the other day.  :lol: 

Not really.  They have a very distinctive dialect that I often mistake for someone from the northeastern U.S.  I'm from coastal Alabama and they don't sound like people from around here.  Our southern twang isn't as noticeable these days.  To get a REAL feel for a southern drawl you'd need people from the mountains of Tennessee.  Television and radio have greatly homogenized our accents since I was a kid.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

See this is where you guys have got it all wrong. This was a slip of the tongue by Cuomo. Its not calling an italian Fredo thats the equivalent of the N word its calling someone from a mob family Fredo that is.

From the Archives: Mario Cuomo and Those Mob Rumors :lol:

Was Fredo James Caan?

at any rate that’s Mario Cuomo, this is Chris Cuomo. Probably no relation

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Was Fredo James Caan?

No Fredo was the rat traitor

• Thanks 2

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/heres-why-chris-cuomo-isnt-a-hypocrite-for-letting-someone-say-fredo-on-his-show/ 

THIS was almost painful to watch.  I think Fredo is a Rush Limbaugh invention and that's probably why Cuomo is so offended.  He knows that tens of millions of Americans listen to Rush and call him Fredo because of it..

Listen as a CNN guest attempts to trash Don Jr and slips up and calls him Fredo.  The venom she is spitting could just as easily be a detailed description of Cuomo - who's  appearing on-screen with her.  :w00t:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Was Fredo James Caan?

at any rate that’s Mario Cuomo, this is Chris Cuomo. Probably no relation

No Chris is Mario's son.

Cuomo was born in the New York City borough of Queens. He is the son of Matilda (nee Raffa) and Mario Cuomo, the former Governor of New York, and the brother of Andrew Cuomo, the current Governor of New York.[2]

He was educated at The Albany Academy, a private university preparatory day school in Albany, New York, followed by Yale University, where he obtained an undergraduate degree, and Fordham University where he obtained his Juris Doctor (J.D.) in 1995. He is a licensed attorney.[1][2][5]

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No Chris is Mario's son.

Ohhhh......Poor little rich boy. Probably discriminated against his entire life :cry:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Ohhhh......Poor little rich boy. Probably discriminated against his entire life :cry:

Isn't it called White Privilege now?  Btw, I just found a pic of Fredo and I can remember this character now.  James Caan played a guy called Sonny, just to jog your memory :)

Here is the article with the pic.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

Aye, yay, yay yay...I am the Frito Bandito :w00t:

cc3.jpg

• Haha 4

News reports this morning that CNN is fully backing the victim Chris Cuomo. Apparently it’s okay to be aggressive and threaten people with physical violence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

News reports this morning that CNN is fully backing the victim Chris Cuomo. Apparently it’s okay to be aggressive and threaten people with physical violence.

Imagine That! If it was the other way around than the guy would be a Hater.

• Like 1

Don't worry, Moscow Mitch will sort him out... 

~

• Haha 1