Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
fred_mc

Physics of the spirit world?

433 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

fred_mc

Do you know if any medium has asked spirits about the physics of the spirit world, i.e. how it relates to our theories of physics? We have quantum physics, relativity theory, the standard model, M theory etc ... where does the spirit world fit into all of this? What are we missing since it is not included in our theories? Does dark matter have anything to do with the spirit world? I'm thinking that there might be some university in the spirit world where spirits have been studying more complete physics than we know of, and that they could give us information through a medium, preferrably a medium knowlegeable in physics. That would be quite interesting I think.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

You're probably not going to get a real answer to your questions. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

Do you know if any medium has asked spirits about the physics of the spirit world, i.e. how it relates to our theories of physics? We have quantum physics, relativity theory, the standard model, M theory etc ... where does the spirit world fit into all of this? What are we missing since it is not included in our theories? Does dark matter have anything to do with the spirit world? I'm thinking that there might be some university in the spirit world where spirits have been studying more complete physics than we know of, and that they could give us information through a medium, preferrably a medium knowlegeable in physics. That would be quite interesting I think.

I think to some extent this has already occurred through the efforts of clairvoyants and spirits and further information exists in esoteric sciences like Theosophical and those of the Vedic tradition.

The key points are dimensions of reality beyond our familiar three that our not directly detectable by our physical senses and instruments. Another key point is the existence of subtle matter in dimensions and at higher vibratory rates than detectable by the physical. This likely ties in with what science calls dark matter (the majority of the universe actually).

This modeling of the super-physical provides an explanatory model for many so-called paranormal experiences claimed by millions (and denied by the physical-only oriented). 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

@fred_mc  Maybe someone at the Monroe institute could answer this question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison

There has been some talk from the spiritualist community, about how spirits, and the spirit world exist on a 'higher vibrational plane'. This sounds as if it  should have something to do with the applicable physics. Unfortunately, I've never found any explanation of this language that can be interpreted by or related to anything in the science of physics.

We would have to understand what was vibrating, and how we could measure it before experiments could be made, and even tentative hypotheses proposed. It might be asserted that any instruments of our 'lower plane' would be unable  to detect this higher plane. Still, if we reside in a 'plane' with a lower rate of vibration, we should be able to detect those vibrations, at least. 

So, again, what sort of vibrations are involved? We know of sound vibrations and the vibrations of electromagnetic fields. We can detect these over a very wide range of frequencies. These are responsible for certain phenomena, in our world, but do not appear to form a 'plane' or the very framework upon which the whole of our reality is founded. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bison said:

There has been some talk from the spiritualist community, about how spirits, and the spirit world exist on a 'higher vibrational plane'. This sounds as if it  should have something to do with the applicable physics. Unfortunately, I've never found any explanation of this language that can be interpreted by or related to anything in the science of physics.

We would have to understand what was vibrating, and how we could measure it before experiments could be made, and even tentative hypotheses proposed. It might be asserted that any instruments of our 'lower plane' would be unable  to detect this higher plane. Still, if we reside in a 'plane' with a lower rate of vibration, we should be able to detect those vibrations, at least. 

So, again, what sort of vibrations are involved? We know of sound vibrations and the vibrations of electromagnetic fields. We can detect these over a very wide range of frequencies. These are responsible for certain phenomena, in our world, but do not appear to form a 'plane' or the very framework upon which the whole of our reality is founded. 

I think what you say is good but I want to add that the problem is that these things are held by many adepts to be occurring in the 4th, 5th, etc. dimensions. Our three-dimensional physical  senses and instruments can not directly detect motion in these higher dimensions. To us the effect of these higher dimensions on the physical (paranormal phenomena) would and does look like magic to three-dimensional only vision.

Scientists with three-dimensional examinations are baffled by quantum behavior for example. 

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

I think people who talk about "higher vibrational planes of existence" are using science words to describe something they think is real.  It may be real but they are not doing a very good job of describing it as they don't really know science. 

@bison I think you have asked the right question, what is vibrating?  I know science fiction authors have tried to describe things like being "out of phase" with our perceptions or our current timeline but I can't wrap my head around it.  I get how waves work and how you can tune in to different wavelengths, like radio waves, you can have different channels.  Maybe it could translate to that, but what kind of waves would spirits be that is different from ours?  Is it the atoms, with that description of mater, everything is nothing pretending to be something.  So maybe it is a different kind of nothing pretending to be something that bleeds over into our perceptions.  And now I have even cause myself to feel confused.  English and any human language makes it hard to communicate about non-physical things and thoughts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think what you say is good but I want to add that the problem is that these things are held by many adepts to be occurring in the 4th, 5th, etc. dimensions. Our three-dimensional physical  senses and instruments can not directly detect motion in these higher dimensions. To us the effect of these higher dimensions on the physical (paranormal phenomena) would and does look like magic to three-dimensional only vision.

See, now there you go offering up my pet peeve, using math language to describe what you consider spiritual, and since the math language came first, you need to use it correctly or it has no meaning.  Based on dimensions, we are physically 3 dimensional beings, however we experience time and that is 4th dimensional, and we also have thought that can go beyond time which would be 5th dimensional.  We are not 3rd dimensional beings unless you are only talking about our physical body, which is not really the totality of our experience of being human on planet earth.  So, if there are beings that have a "trancended" experience that somehow can communicate that to us, they are beyond 5th dimensions as that word is defined.  I know, for years everyone has been talking about 5th dimensional beings and evolving humans into the 5th dimension but it still irks me.  If you are going to make up concepts and share them have the decency to make up new words and define them instead of co-opting existing words and trying to change their meanings.

P.S.  like the word Grok.  New word for a concept that had no word in English.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Do imaginary friends go to college? Serious question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Just now, XenoFish said:

Do imaginary friends go to college? Serious question.

I have seen a website called the invisible college.  I think it was originally linked to the Dreamspell people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

And I lose further hope for humanity...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Without hard factual evidence for spirits. There can be no real discussion. Because it is all going to be assumptions. I mean do spirit parents send their kids off the "How to Haunt" school? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

See, now there you go offering up my pet peeve, using math language to describe what you consider spiritual, and since the math language came first, you need to use it correctly or it has no meaning.  Based on dimensions, we are physically 3 dimensional beings, however we experience time and that is 4th dimensional, and we also have thought that can go beyond time which would be 5th dimensional.  We are not 3rd dimensional beings unless you are only talking about our physical body, which is not really the totality of our experience of being human on planet earth.  So, if there are beings that have a "trancended" experience that somehow can communicate that to us, they are beyond 5th dimensions as that word is defined.  I know, for years everyone has been talking about 5th dimensional beings and evolving humans into the 5th dimension but it still irks me.  If you are going to make up concepts and share them have the decency to make up new words and define them instead of co-opting existing words and trying to change their meanings.

Geez Desertrat, I don't think YOU understand what you are saying, so I suggest you slow down and not feel a pet peeve. 

I was indeed addressing the OP's request to bring spirituality into the realm of physics. If spiritual contact is real, then it should be in the domain of physics and science.

String Theory and many dimensions are serious things held by some of the brightest physicists out there and certainly goes well above your and my heads. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

If you want to bring spirituality to the world of physics I'd suggest looking into neurochemistry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

String Theory and many dimensions are serious things held by some of the brightest physicists out there and certainly goes well above your and my heads.

None of which point to "Ghost/spirits are real". 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

None of which point to "Ghost/spirits are real". 

My point was about additional dimensions to reality, Xeno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My point was about additional dimensions to reality, Xeno.

My point is that you misuse that word. And think more of it that it should be. Same goes for vibration. If something is vibrating it's generating heat. The higher the vibration

giphy.gif

https://www.britannica.com/science/vibration

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My point is that you misuse that word. And think more of it that it should be. Same goes for vibration. If something is vibrating it's generating heat. The higher the vibration

giphy.gif

https://www.britannica.com/science/vibration

Your point? Nothing there contradicts anything I've been saying.

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison

The spiritualists' talk about higher planes of vibration, and higher dimensions could be metaphorical language; using familiar ideas to try to talk about unfamiliar matters. If that is the case,  then the questions I posed could be too literal, where the real intent is figurative.  I don't assume that they're necessarily, or in all cases, trying to be misleading or evasive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
14 minutes ago, bison said:

The spiritualists' talk about higher planes of vibration, and higher dimensions could be metaphorical language; using familiar ideas to try to talk about unfamiliar matters. If that is the case,  then the questions I posed could be too literal, where the real intent is figurative.  I don't assume that they're necessarily, or in all cases, trying to be misleading or evasive.

No, probably only the ones asking for money are deliberately trying to be misleading or evasive.  The rest are just not able to communicate in a way that is understandable, or they are parroting someone else's words and ideas with no clue about the real meaning of the words or what the person presenting the ideas really was trying to convey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd

Atomic vibrations is just heat. Extra dimension - if there are any - are subatomic.

Nothing in science suggests a realm for spirits. Nothing!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
1 hour ago, fred_mc said:

Do you know if any medium has asked spirits about the physics of the spirit world, i.e. how it relates to our theories of physics? We have quantum physics, relativity theory, the standard model, M theory etc ... where does the spirit world fit into all of this? What are we missing since it is not included in our theories? Does dark matter have anything to do with the spirit world? I'm thinking that there might be some university in the spirit world where spirits have been studying more complete physics than we know of, and that they could give us information through a medium, preferrably a medium knowlegeable in physics. That would be quite interesting I think.

During the 19th century physicists didnt have the technology needed to investigate how atomic particles worked so they turned to the occult.

When most people think of the occult they imagine weirdos on the internet who believe they are witches or vampires. The occult is actually the old way of doing science. Because people back then were limited in the experimental evidence they could collect they used far more input from religion and from philosophy to figure out how things worked.

Quantum concepts like extra dimensions, parallel universes, quantum entanglement, superposition, non-locality, and quantum teleportation are not new. They all come from the occult, and when they have been used to figure out how atomic particles work they have simply been rebranded as a new science. For instance the Occult Law of Contagion is Quantum Entanglement.

In Judeo-Christian mysticism they have also believed in extra dimensions and parallel universes for a very long time. What is different between it and quantum mechanics is that they have an approach for navigating down extra dimensions but quantum mechanics hasn't got that far yet.

If you think about it the universe is divided into two:

Small Part: This is made up of everything you are currently aware off.

Large Part: This is the rest of the universe which you currently have no awareness off.

Everything that comes into existence in your life comes out of the large part, and enters into existence in the small part. When it leaves your environment it disappears back into the large part. There is nothing solid or material in the large part, it is the pure potential for things to exist.

In Judeo-Christian mysticism they have a technique for manipulating what comes out of the large part into our lives by taking charge of our journey through extra dimensions. To begin with please be aware of the following concepts:

Non-Duality: This is when there is no separate small or large part because everything exists in a state of non-duality or oneness (there are no divisions).

Duality: Non-Duality collapses into a giving force and a receiving force. The giving force is the large part, or the potential, and is conceptualised as God. The receiving force is the small part and they conceptualise it as the creature (the human that experiences things entering into existence from the large part).

Both parts are supposed to exist in a relationship with each other. Pleasures come into existence from the large part, enter into the creatures life, and its supposed to enjoy them. The simply act of enjoying all pleasures that enter into your life, while making sure you dont participate or indulge in anything that doesnt bring you pleasure, is the main key of how it works. But when you are enjoying pleasures you have to be mindful of doing it to give the large part (the potential or God) pleasure back.

Basically, it gets its kicks from you enjoying the pleasures it gives you, when you enjoy them just to give it pleasure back. When you switch over to doing that all day long in your life, the way reality unfolds changes.

You become an attractor for pleasure, and repulse for things that dont bring you pleasure.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 hours ago, fred_mc said:

I'm thinking that there might be some university in the spirit world where spirits have been studying more complete physics than we know of

are you serious? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

****Danger,Will Robinson - Woo alert****

1.) There is no such thing as a 'medium' - those who represent themselves as such are con artists preying on the ignorant and unaware. They are simply good at 'reading' their victims.

2.) There is no 'spirit realm' and there are no 'spirits' other than the ones who dwell in the memories of those still alive. Physics of the spirit world? Please tell us you're joking.....right?

3.) Spirit University - what a joke! Do they have a football team?

4.) Maybe you should be looking at the debunking of this crap by the Amazing Randi instead of watching 'Ghostbusters'.

 

Although I'm in agreement with you, the real answer is you don't know but don't believe.  There is no reason to be rude about these things especially if you can not present scientific evidence to back up your statement.  Like the existence of God, it can not be disproved.

 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.