Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Physics of the spirit world?

fred_mc

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What are you referring to when you say "the Dark Matter"?  I thought that was a math term. 

Mixing dark matter with spirituality is even crazier than string theory dimensions.

Dark matter is what holds galaxies together. No dark matter = no galaxies. It seems to be attracted to large quantities of normal matter.

Just now, sci-nerd said:

Mixing dark matter with spirituality is even crazier than string theory dimensions.

Dark matter is what holds galaxies together. No dark matter = no galaxies. It seems to be attracted to large quantities of normal matter.

So, as I suspected, using a word for something different than it's real meaning.  It irks me but then I still cringe when I hear anyone refer to the "monsoon season" as if it means "rainy season".  If it wasn't for ignorant, illiterate media personalities like weather people that word would still refer to big winds that may cause deluges in the South Pacific.  I am not THAT old, but I guess I am THAT OCD.  And what is wrong with saying rainy instead of monsoon. Most of us don't live in the South Pacific.

5 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The old ones believe that there was one big bang that created the universe. well now we know the blacks holes that could have created the universe and now all galaxies are being sucked in . 

16 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Wait, I think I skipped something in this thread, but I will ask anyway, what does the global weather have to do with physics of the spirit realm?  I don't think I skipped that many posts.

The point is you can't correct people on subjects you can neither prove or disprove, so why be mocking, bullying and rude about it.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm sure this is highly amusing to you, but a more erudite contribution would be welcome.

What the????  I never did that you joker! :P

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

now we know the blacks holes that could have created the universe

That makes no sense.

A black hole had nothing to do with creating the universe. The singularity that is suspected of making the Big Bang was the opposite of a black hole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I think he mistook you for me. If I was you I'd feel insulted.:lol:

• Haha 1

Gee we all know galaxies crashing into other  galaxies , planets and stars can be destroyed, and we know now  the speed of the stars and planets  around the black holes can be suck in!

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

Gee we all know galaxies crashing into other  galaxies , planets and stars can be destroyed, and we know now  the speed of the stars and planets  around the black holes can be suck in!

And this has what to do with ghost college? 

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What the eff?

That's a head-scratcher! :lol:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

This is an interesting concept and made me smile. However, I rather doubt spirits would be attending a university in the spirit world (but ya never know;)). To my mind, the spirit world is another level of consciousness, one that we ourselves will eventually attain, where we would be infinitely more knowledgeable than we are now. 

There are many theories  of - oracles,  mediums, physics ,clairvoyance's ect ect ,do they all have a contact to another side?, but why don't we all have the same mind.

There are many theories  of the black hole the god `s machine created , that animals tried to shut  it down

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/313922-cern-collider-hadron-higgs/

https://www.newsweek.com/large-hadron-collider-cern-beech-marten-454965

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1937370,00.html

http://www.scienceinfo.news/physicist-disappears-mini-black-hole-created-cern-particle-accelerator/

did they created a black hole?

Edited by docyabut2

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think people who talk about "higher vibrational planes of existence" are using science words to describe something they think is real.  It may be real but they are not doing a very good job of describing it as they don't really know science. 

@bison I think you have asked the right question, what is vibrating?  I know science fiction authors have tried to describe things like being "out of phase" with our perceptions or our current timeline but I can't wrap my head around it.  I get how waves work and how you can tune in to different wavelengths, like radio waves, you can have different channels.  Maybe it could translate to that, but what kind of waves would spirits be that is different from ours?  Is it the atoms, with that description of mater, everything is nothing pretending to be something.  So maybe it is a different kind of nothing pretending to be something that bleeds over into our perceptions.  And now I have even cause myself to feel confused.  English and any human language makes it hard to communicate about non-physical things and thoughts.

Maybe we become dark energy. Just spit balling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Although I'm in agreement with you, the real answer is you don't know but don't believe.  There is no reason to be rude about these things especially if you can not present scientific evidence to back up your statement.  Like the existence of God, it can not be disproved.

Not being rude by stating something I'm pretty dang sure about it. Bring on the ghosts/spirits/whatever....show me one or tell me where to find them or pony up some hard scientific evidence that they exist. There has been enough debunking of mediums and spiritualism in the past 100 years to make it pretty evident that it's all a hoax to separate rich, grieving widows from their funds. It's about as absurd as believing in ouija boards and tarot cards or chicken entrails. I'm sorry, I just don't put any credence in anything that I can't hear, see, smell, touch or have hard scientific evidence of.  

The existence of a god cannot be proved but a lot of folks waste a lot of valuable time trying to convince others that there is a such a thing - again.....show me.......present hard evidence. Since there is none, I have to conclude that there is no such thing outside the minds of those who believe in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

This is an interesting concept and made me smile. However, I rather doubt spirits would be attending a university in the spirit world (but ya never know;)). To my mind, the spirit world is another level of consciousness, one that we ourselves will eventually attain, where we would be infinitely more knowledgeable than we are now. 

Do you have some proof of this or is it wishful thinking?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Well, it gets mighty tiresome to be told that God exist. Then why you ask someone to prove their claim, they can't. 

Yet by the same token, you can't prove him wrong either. I agree that you're being a bit of a dick in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Then tell me precicely what dark matter is.  What's that? You don't know? There's nothing wrong with speculating. Some of mankind's greatest inventions and discoveries started this way. I don't think the idea is crazy at all. A little out there maybe, but one thing I've learned on this ball of mud is that you just never know. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

And this has what to do with ghost college? 

Again,  more unneeded sarcasm.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Maybe we become dark energy. Just spit balling.

its  what  the , physic Edgar Cayce said we are the all higher vibrational  of animals by glands . 

• The topic was locked