Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Physics of the spirit world?

fred_mc

49 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What???? 

For those following the research into unexplained patterns appearing on the Australia Bureau of
Meteorology radar system since
January 15th 2010 will know that after weeks of in depth
investigation and asking the Bureau for explanations, they conceded that these where the result of

'Unknown Interferences'.

9 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Do you know if any medium has asked spirits about the physics of the spirit world, i.e. how it relates to our theories of physics? We have quantum physics, relativity theory, the standard model, M theory etc ... where does the spirit world fit into all of this? What are we missing since it is not included in our theories? Does dark matter have anything to do with the spirit world? I'm thinking that there might be some university in the spirit world where spirits have been studying more complete physics than we know of, and that they could give us information through a medium, preferrably a medium knowlegeable in physics. That would be quite interesting I think.

First of all if the spirit world did exist, it would have to be in a different Dimension. However, I don't think it really exists. I have to ask, if there were a spirit world what use would Any form of physics be to a Ghost?:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

First of all if the spirit world did exist, it would have to be in a different Dimension. However, I don't think it really exists. I have to ask, if there were a spirit world what use would Any form of physics be to a Ghost?:rolleyes:

what gets me if  physics can see Ghosts, why can`t everyone else.

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

what gets me if  physics can see Ghosts, why can`t everyone else.

Sorry, but I think you miss read what this thread is about. The author of the thread was talking about Physics like E = MC squared not Psychics who talk with the dead.

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yet by the same token, you can't prove him wrong either. I agree that you're being a bit of a dick in this thread.

Matter of opinion.

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Again,  more unneeded sarcasm.

That was in regards to that actual topic.

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

That's not another universe in a black hole. It's speculation that maybe black holes allow wormholes to alternate universes, if they exist It's not his belief, and its not science, its one of a wide range of wild theories. 

From your link:

Thus, Prof Hawking proposes, there could only be two possibilities. Either the information falling into Black hole breaks out into an alternative universe. Or the other possibility is that it gets translated into some kind of “hologram” on the outer side of the black hole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

For those following the research into unexplained patterns appearing on the Australia Bureau of
investigation and asking the Bureau for explanations, they conceded that these where the result of

'Unknown Interferences'.

Change in radar systems. Not unknown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Then tell me precicely what dark matter is.  What's that? You don't know? There's nothing wrong with speculating. Some of mankind's greatest inventions and discoveries started this way. I don't think the idea is crazy at all. A little out there maybe, but one thing I've learned on this ball of mud is that you just never know. 

A sentiment worthy of Jack Burton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bison said:

There has been some talk from the spiritualist community, about how spirits, and the spirit world exist on a 'higher vibrational plane'. This sounds as if it  should have something to do with the applicable physics. Unfortunately, I've never found any explanation of this language that can be interpreted by or related to anything in the science of physics.

We would have to understand what was vibrating, and how we could measure it before experiments could be made, and even tentative hypotheses proposed. It might be asserted that any instruments of our 'lower plane' would be unable  to detect this higher plane. Still, if we reside in a 'plane' with a lower rate of vibration, we should be able to detect those vibrations, at least. 

So, again, what sort of vibrations are involved? We know of sound vibrations and the vibrations of electromagnetic fields. We can detect these over a very wide range of frequencies. These are responsible for certain phenomena, in our world, but do not appear to form a 'plane' or the very framework upon which the whole of our reality is founded. 

You said you could not find anything related to the Science of Physics, what about String Theory, Bosonic string theory, or Gravitic string theory. 

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Our three-dimensional physical  senses and instruments can not directly detect motion in these higher dimensions. To us the effect of these higher dimensions on the physical (paranormal phenomena) would and does look like magic to three-dimensional only vision.

Summarized, any allegations or a kind of, are impossible and therefor cannot lead to any findings outside/next to our field/s of cognition.

13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think what you say is good but I want to add that the problem is that these things are held by many adepts to be occurring in the 4th, 5th, etc. dimensions. Our three-dimensional physical  senses and instruments can not directly detect motion in these higher dimensions. To us the effect of these higher dimensions on the physical (paranormal phenomena) would and does look like magic to three-dimensional only vision.

Scientists with three-dimensional examinations are baffled by quantum behavior for example. 

These aren't real dimensions.  The woo loves to use scientific words that don't match what they're describing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The old ones believe that there was one big bang that created the universe. well now we know the blacks holes that could have created the universe and now all galaxies are being sucked in . 

Black holes don't suck things in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

'Unknown Interferences'.

**** all to do with CERN and black holes.  BTW CERN has not been shut down.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Do you know if any medium has asked spirits about the physics of the spirit world, i.e. how it relates to our theories of physics? We have quantum physics, relativity theory, the standard model, M theory etc ... where does the spirit world fit into all of this? What are we missing since it is not included in our theories? Does dark matter have anything to do with the spirit world? I'm thinking that there might be some university in the spirit world where spirits have been studying more complete physics than we know of, and that they could give us information through a medium, preferrably a medium knowlegeable in physics. That would be quite interesting I think.

Well, whether or not the spirit world exists, it is an interesting mental exercise to work out a system of physics that accounts for people's alleged experiences of the spirit realm.  Who knows?  It might make an interesting basis for a fantasy novel if nothing else.  Creating an internally consistent system that explains certain phenomena is a good way of keeping a scientific brain working. Even if the starting data is pretty subjective, that doesn't mean we can't pretend it is real for the purpose of constructing the system.

11 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Well, whether or not the spirit world exists, it is an interesting mental exercise to work out a system of physics that accounts for people's alleged experiences of the spirit realm.  Who knows?  It might make an interesting basis for a fantasy novel if nothing else.  Creating an internally consistent system that explains certain phenomena is a good way of keeping a scientific brain working. Even if the starting data is pretty subjective, that doesn't mean we can't pretend it is real for the purpose of constructing the system.

I just highlighted the important words...you're welcome...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Stereo; 'hooey' right back at you. It is not 'imaginary'. It is the direct clairvoyant perception of the super-physical. I am giving you a glimpse into what I believe will be the science of the next century. 

That's so funny. It is not science and cannot be science because it lacks any semblance to science. Every scientific test shows it is imaginary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I didn't say I understood QM. I am saying scientists are not baffled by QM.  The predictions made by scientists work out time after time after time and the technology based on QM runs the electronics of our world.

• Thanks 2

I'm saying you don't understand String Theory either.

What does that matter? That has no bearing on whether or not I can do mathematics in n-space. You apparently have no idea that the n is n-space is any natural number.

Apparently, you don't understand anything about anything you are posting.

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

There are many theories  of - oracles,  mediums, physics ,clairvoyance's ect ect ,do they all have a contact to another side?, but why don't we all have the same mind.

There are many theories  of the black hole the god `s machine created , that animals tried to shut  it down

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/313922-cern-collider-hadron-higgs/

https://www.newsweek.com/large-hadron-collider-cern-beech-marten-454965

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1937370,00.html

http://www.scienceinfo.news/physicist-disappears-mini-black-hole-created-cern-particle-accelerator/

did they created a black hole?

You do realize that is a hoax story? Right? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

http://www.colinandrews.net/AustraliaRadar2010-0430.html

Cern could  created a black hole,  so why they shut it down to this day .

You are using the crop circle wacko as a source of credible information? That's almost as funny as the story about a mini blackhole sucking up a researcher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked