Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Physics of the spirit world?

fred_mc

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

I accept that you are mistaken, in imagining there "must" be evidence, or it did not happen. That is actually unscientific, but like I say about the "team", when there's a job to do ( kill off "woo") the old scientific rigour goes missing.

Let's see what sort of cherry picking and misrepresenting you are up to.

Here is what I posted. Only failures would misrepresent what others post.

Love the pathetic excuse of being unable to collect evidence. It's one excuse after another. 

Instead of accepting that people are mistaken they dream up pathetic excuses.

Clearly you are a failure at supporting the inane ideas you have posted.  You didn't support anything instead you opted to post the sort of childish excuse that fits you.

I couldn't care how you characterize it, but your judgement does not bear on what the real situation is.

So you wish to continue with your childish excuses. Fine That is who you are. Had you actually had something to post you could have but you chose to defend being childish.

It certainly would be a possibility to entertain, but certainly drawing that conclusion is illogical, unscientific, and precipitate. But the team are pretty unimpressive people !

How wrong you are. There is nothing scientific or logical about any of your childish antics.

Actually, you don't know.You believe. You admit there is lack of evidence but you believe regardless of that fact. That's called faith.

There seems to be a need to believe in things that do not appear to be real. The lack of evidence despite the many believers and the many stories certainly suggests that there is no such thing.

Until there is some evidence it remains a belief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

that do not appear to be real.

Superlatively real, to my observations.

16 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You have nothing.

You hope. Ask yourself why .

So far the believers in the paranormal have posted nothing at all about the potential physics of the spirit world.

It seems an impossible task since the spirit world has no evidence at all that it exists.

Ask for evidence it even exists and all that comes around are the lamest excuses you can imagine. Let me correct myself. They are lamer than I imagined.

• Like 1

Without any factual supporting evidence for the spirit world then nothing can be assumed to be true. Spirits could be playing pong if we imagine them to be doing so. 

So what we have here is an argument for belief without evidence. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

It seems an impossible task since the spirit world has no evidence at all that it exists.

That is so true, except for the actual witnesses.

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

That is so true, except for the actual witnesses.

Anecdotes are not evidence. Therefore no evidence exists.

This pretend evidence is common in many fringie fields. That was all too common is 2012 which was a giant manure pile of these sorts of things and more.

If there were evidence then it could be posted, but as we see it is not ever posted.

Edited by stereologist

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Anecdotes are not evidence.

Yes Mr Parrot. But the witness doesn't have that perspective,

Anecdotes are stories. They are stories without support or in most cases value.

What is clear to all  is that witnesses are often poor to bad.

What is lacking here is evidence to determine the "physics of the spirit world"

I strongly suggest that it if spirits interact with reality then they must be composed of particles which interact with the known particles.

Let's see what a physicist has to say about this.

https://futurism.com/brian-cox-if-ghosts-existed-wed-have-found-evidence-for-them-by-now

If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made. We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That’s almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies.

Here is the response from Tyson

Neil deGrasse Tyson, who was also on the show, went on to press him for a clarification: “If I understand what you just declared, you just asserted that CERN, the European Center for Nuclear Research, disproved the existence of ghosts.” Cox replied with a simple “Yes.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, stereologist said:

What is clear to all  is that witnesses are often poor to bad.

Can't imagine how that could be verified. But look, why are you so worried about something that doesn't exist ? Hmmm?

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Can't imagine how that could be verified. But look, why are you so worried about something that doesn't exist ? Hmmm?

I'll let you in on something you know nothing about. It's called testing. Instead of making up stupid crapola you can actually test ideas.

Weird right? You're so used to making up idle nonsense of no use you probably had no idea that testing of ideas was done.

And there it is the question signalling the failure of failures, a question as if the winner is worried. No worries. Not from those recognizing the evidence is zero for the paranormal believer.

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I'll let you in on something you know nothing about. It's called testing. Instead of making up stupid crapola you can actually test ideas.

Weird right? You're so used to making up idle nonsense of no use you probably had no idea that testing of ideas was done.

And there it is the question signalling the failure of failures, a question as if the winner is worried. No worries. Not from those recognizing the evidence is zero for the paranormal believer.

Oh look, I have far more the scientific outlook than you. You have made up your mind you don't want thus stiff to exist, but true science would not have you reaching a conclusion. But, of course when the need is great, fudging happens.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Oh look, I have far more the scientific outlook than you. You have made up your mind you don't want thus stiff to exist, but true science would not have you reaching a conclusion. But, of course when the need is great, fudging happens.

What a joker. You come off as amazing incompetent. Are you trying to win the Dunning Kruger award?

You are also an incompetent reader. Probably comes from psyche101 describes as your arrogance. I don't see  it that way. I see a lack of education.

You claim I have reached a conclusion. Oh please show me where I did.

I love our purposeful misquoting and misrepresentation of my posts, but that comes from anyone that recognizes that considers themselves a failure. Is that you?

No, I seem to be a success at understanding that "absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence", which is an over-used expression, but true is some fields. Especially this one. Do you think it impossible that a real phenomenon could evade "capture" ? Frustrating, if you have skin in the game, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

No, I seem to be a success at understanding that "absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence", which is an over-used expression, but true is some fields. Especially this one. Do you think it impossible that a real phenomenon could evade "capture" ? Frustrating, if you have skin in the game, I suppose.

So there is nothing to discuss. How wonderful a believer that know they have nothing to discuss. Took you long enough to stop telling BS to admit you believe without reason.

12 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Took you long enough to stop telling BS to admit you believe without reason.

How disingenuous of you. I believe for very good reasons, very many of them, no blind faith involved.

Just now, Habitat said:

How disingenuous of you. I believe for very good reasons, very many of them, no blind faith involved.

Please tell us. So far you've done nothing but blather.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Please tell us. So far you've done nothing but blather.

numerous poltergeist happenings following a death in the family. Many are repeated, but rarely or never the same thing more than twice. Another family member has experienced the same type of thing, but not as much. Still happening, 9 years on, but not so often. 

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

numerous poltergeist happenings following a death in the family. Many are repeated, but rarely or never the same thing more than twice. Another family member has experienced the same type of thing, but not as much. Still happening, 9 years on, but not so often. 

As we keep stating anecdotes are not evidence. Furthermore, you yapping on about things with supporting evidence is valueless.

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

As we keep stating anecdotes are not evidence. Furthermore, you yapping on about things with supporting evidence is valueless.

Doesn't alter my perspective, I know.

Just now, Habitat said:

Doesn't alter my perspective, I know.

I know you were untruthful when you wrote " I believe for very good reasons, very many of them, no blind faith involved. "

The majority of posters know that was a falsehood as well.

You could just say I choose to believe, but you choose instead to be disingenuous.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I know you were untruthful when you wrote " I believe for very good reasons, very many of them, no blind faith involved. "

The majority of posters know that was a falsehood as well.

You could just say I choose to believe, but you choose instead to be disingenuous.

You may want to believe I am untruthful, but alas, you are very badly astray. It is an interesting matter, how this group I call the "team" all exhibit this neediness to quash what they call "woo", there is only one cure, get back to basics and admit you just don't know, that would be the honest position, so I guess it is just being dishonest, that prevents it !

Just now, Habitat said:

You may want to believe I am untruthful, but alas, you are very badly astray. It is an interesting matter, how this group I call the "team" all exhibit this neediness to quash what they call "woo", there is only one cure, get back to basics and admit you just don't know, that would be the honest position, so I guess it is just being dishonest, that prevents it !

There is no quashing because there is nothing to quash.

So admit that your belief is based on nothing, You need to admit that your belief is nothing. If there were something you could present that. Your lack of evidence is obvious.

You can stop your failure to be truthful by admitting your failures. Actually you have admitted your failures by not supporting your position.

I ask for evidence and all there has been is excuses and nothing posted.

Tangential issues:

• The believers pretending to know when they in fact only believe
  • Posting vague and less than charming stories of whatever
  • Grumbling and mumbling for many posts
  • Suggesting guilt, the Kafka -trapping fallacy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked