Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
weareIF

Legend of the Night Marchers

Recommended Posts

weareIF

The Hukai’po or Night Marchers are ghostly apparitions of a group of supernatural beings who are seen moving in procession to the beat of primitive pounding drums.

The old legends tell of how these spirits are thought to be the ghosts of long dead armed warriors en route to or from battle, they appear carrying ancient weaponry and are said to be dressed and  in decorated historical helmets and cloaks.

Adding to the legend of the Hukai’po is the belief that a high-ranking ali'i (ruler) spirit is being guided to a place of prominence in the afterlife or is welcoming newly deceased warriors to an eternal battle.

 Other ideas have sprung as to why the Night Marchers stalk the hills and valleys of Hawaii, some say that these restless souls are looking to reclaim territory which was wrongfully taken from them in life, or that they are replaying an ill-fated battle and wish to avenge their deaths.

Another theory is that Hukai’po are lost and that they are searching for an entrance into the next world.

So  are the Hukai’po “Night Marchers differentiated from other types of spirit or are they something unique?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQBhlbNw1c&t=136s

740772-570x381.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Manwon Lender
7 minutes ago, weareIF said:

The Hukai’po or Night Marchers are ghostly apparitions of a group of supernatural beings who are seen moving in procession to the beat of primitive pounding drums.

 

The old legends tell of how these spirits are thought to be the ghosts of long dead armed warriors en route to or from battle, they appear carrying ancient weaponry and are said to be dressed and  in decorated historical helmets and cloaks.

 

Adding to the legend of the Hukai’po is the belief that a high-ranking ali'i (ruler) spirit is being guided to a place of prominence in the afterlife or is welcoming newly deceased warriors to an eternal battle.

 

 Other ideas have sprung as to why the Night Marchers stalk the hills and valleys of Hawaii, some say that these restless souls are looking to reclaim territory which was wrongfully taken from them in life, or that they are replaying an ill-fated battle and wish to avenge their deaths.

 

Another theory is that Hukai’po are lost and that they are searching for an entrance into the next world.

 

So  are the Hukai’po “Night Marchers differentiated from other types of spirit or are they something unique?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQBhlbNw1c&t=136s

740772-570x381.jpg

If you are a true beleiver in ghosts, which I am not. Why do you think that they would different or unique?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weareIF
4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

If you are a true beleiver in ghosts, which I am not. Why do you think that they would different or unique?

As you are a skeptic of the phenomena I wont try to change your mind. The question is to those that believe and have heard other ghost stories.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 minutes ago, weareIF said:

As you are a skeptic of the phenomena I wont try to change your mind. The question is to those that believe and have heard other ghost stories.

If I wasn't interested in your opinion I would not have asked for it. I don't have to beleive to respect your right to an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
38 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

If you are a true beleiver in ghosts, which I am not. Why do you think that they would different or unique?

I just watched a ghost hunting show of some sort, damnit im drawing a blank on the title (it wasnt great), anyways they went and investigated the Night Marchers and the one thing that popped out to me is the locals believed they lived inside the lava tunnels (huge) and the locals believed if you saw one you died.

IMO that sounds kinda like an ancient wives tale told to keep kids from getting kidnapped by the neighboring tribe that chose to use the lava tunnels for movement and or shelter.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I just watched a ghost hunting show of some sort, damnit im drawing a blank on the title (it wasnt great), anyways they went and investigated the Night Marchers and the one thing that popped out to me is the locals believed they lived inside the lava tunnels (huge) and the locals believed if you saw one you died.

IMO that sounds kinda like an ancient wives tale told to keep kids from getting kidnapped by the neighboring tribe that chose to use the lava tunnels for movement and or shelter.

 

That could possibly be the answer to the story. Most old tales like that tried to keep kids out of danger, so they thought to scare them was the best method. But you and I both know there will always be one kid who has to see for themselves. You know what they say curiosity killed the cat. 

To be honest when I was young the worst thing an adult could do was try and tell me to stay way from something, guess that's why  I didn't sit down much as a child.:P

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.