Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John A. Keel: The Man,The Myths...

rashore

When Anders Liljegren, Kjell Jonsson and I founded, what was later to become, Archives for the Unexplained (AFU) in 1973 much of our ideological inspiration came from the writings of John A. Keel. His iconoclastic and heretical books coupled with a wonderful Fortean humour influenced a whole generation of ufologists. Keel was an intellectual challenge to the UFO community of the 1960s and 70s with his brilliant criticism of the then dominant ET theory. Finally we have an in-depth biography of this legendary pioneer. As longtime researcher, author and editor of Alternate Perceptions Magazine Brent Raynes is eminently qualified for  this task. John A. Keel: The Man, Myths and Mysteries is more than an ordinary biography as the author present a treasure trove of new data, experiences and interviews all relating to Keel and his ideas.

https://ufoarchives.blogspot.com/2019/08/john-keel-manthe-myths-and-ongoing.html

• Thanks 1

Interesting guy. I should look into this further. Thanks, @rashore

• 2 weeks later...

Keel should be well known for those into UFOs and cryptozoology especially his famous book "The Mothman Prophecies" which I just bought off Amazon.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Minimalists said:

Keel should be well known for those into UFOs and cryptozoology especially his famous book "The Mothman Prophecies" which I just bought off Amazon.

Required reading from him would be Operation Trojan Horse and the Eight Tower, as those 2 books summarize his basic beliefs!

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Minimalists said:

I loved the book