Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

55% gets you an A grade in British schools

Eldorado

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Were these courses requiring maths as an entry subject? 

As best I recall, this related to Physics courses ? 

52 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

As best I recall, this related to Physics courses ? 

That doesn't answer the question. While I expect most universities require maths for physics, I'm sure there are some that won't. 

Edited by Setton

33 minutes ago, Setton said:

That doesn't answer the question. While I expect most universities require maths for physics, I'm sure there are some that won't. 

They require an A-Level in Physics, or a heavily maths based subject.

It doesnt need to be A-Levels either. For instance you could do a HNC or HND in engineering then carry on turning it into a BSC.

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

They require an A-Level in Physics, or a heavily maths based subject.

It doesnt need to be A-Levels either. For instance you could do a HNC or HND in engineering then carry on turning it into a BSC.

Which is not the question that was asked. 

10 hours ago, Setton said:

All physics courses require an A-Level in mathematics. Physics is a heavily mathematical subject, including advanced calculus (not just integration and differentiation, but 3-D functions such as div, grad and curl). 

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

All physics courses require an A-Level in mathematics. Physics is a heavily mathematical subject, including advanced calculus (not just integration and differentiation, but 3-D functions such as div, grad and curl). 

https://www.stmarys.ac.uk/undergraduate/applied-physics

Found one. 

"A Level Maths is not a requirement for entry as a supporting programme in mathematical method is available." 

P. S. Thanks for your attempt at oldsplaining (like mansplaining but where the prejudice is based on age) but my A's in maths, further maths and physics mean it's a bit of a waste of your time.