Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
acidhead

Active Shooter in Philadelphia

75 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

acidhead

 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

So not a mass shooter.  A drug dealer who ain't gonna be taken in.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Been watching live coverage for the last hr and a half. Six officers shot with additional officers being treated for injuries. Started out when police tried to serve a narcotics warrant. There has to be 200 cops there with more SWAT units coming in. It's not known how many shooters there are. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Channel 3 has really good coverage too. It's all that's on any of the Philly stations.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/6-philadelphia-police-officers-shot-in-philadelphias-nicetown-tioga-section-officials-say/

They are saying the suspect was live-streaming to social media. Don't know if it was Facebook or Twitter or another platform.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Channel 3 has really good coverage too. It's all that's on any of the Philly stations.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/6-philadelphia-police-officers-shot-in-philadelphias-nicetown-tioga-section-officials-say/

They are saying the suspect was live-streaming to social media. Don't know if it was Facebook or Twitter or another platform.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

All the news channels are reporting 6 officers shot. There are multiple non gunshot injuries also. They just reported that some women and children who were in the building are safe. It's not known if they are associated with the shooter in any way. I got that from channel 3.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

Still an active shooter scene... Going on 3hrs

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

Police scanner just asked for all news helicopters to leave the area

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

I know the reporters are all about 2 blocks away. Have been for a while now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

On police scanner they're talking about a drone now flying in the area

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

This trend of shooters live streaming is absolutely disgusting 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Channel 3, which I'm watching on my TV just said there are 2 officers on the 2nd floor with 3 prisoners and a shooter on the 1st floor. I knew before that there were cops barricaded in the building where the shooter is but I didn't know they had prisoners. Police Commissioner Ross is speaking now. He's confirming the police officers in the building but won't say the location. He did't confirm the prisoners. He says there is no indication the shooter intends to surrender. He's at one of the hospitals and on his way back to the scene.

Oh no. Not the Mayor too. He didn't have much to say except to praise the officers he visited. One was shot in the head and talked about his two sons.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Channel 6 just stopped it's live broadcast on TV and went to regular programming. Channel 3 is still reporting. So is Channel 10. They are calling this a hostage situation. Probably because of the officers trapped on the second floor. They still don't know how many shooters there are. Some people were arrested when the warrant was originally served and are in custody. Explains the guy I saw arrested not long after the coverage began.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
7 minutes ago, susieice said:

Channel 6 just stopped it's live broadcast on TV and went to regular programming. Channel 3 is still reporting. So is Channel 10. They are calling this a hostage situation. Probably because of the officers trapped on the second floor. They still don't know how many shooters there are. Some people were arrested when the warrant was originally served and are in custody. Explains the guy I saw arrested not long after the coverage began.

Guy on video being put in police car was arrested, unconfirmed, for jumping on police car.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
4 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Guy on video being put in police car was arrested, unconfirmed, for jumping on police car.

I just know 2 very large black cops picked him up and log carried him to the patrol car because he wouldn't move. They just didn't care. It was right after the shooting started. It's pretty dark here now. The shooter won't respond to the police. They aren't even sure there's only one at this point.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This trend of shooters live streaming is absolutely disgusting 

The truly mind-boggling aspect of that is that a social media platform would ALLOW IT.  I think we are approaching a point where some serious intervention needs to take place with these platforms.  I'm normally against giving government more power but these corporate types seem to have ZERO concern for the damage their product helps to facilitate.  They literally have to capacity to create deadly mob violence and then make money off the tragedy.  WTH?  

The censorship they DO bother to engage in is purely political and is OBVIOUSLY against those who don't agree with the Dem/Socialist/Globalist mantra.  I think that corporate officers and company owners that perpetuate hatred and can be found to have caused death or mayhem should be held civilly AND criminally liable.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I just know 2 very large black cops picked him up and log carried him to the patrol car because he wouldn't move. They just didn't care. It was right after the shooting started.

This is what the spread of lawlessness looks like.  We have gangs of students running around inside universities and demanding action from individual professors and even threatening the university president.  When the population at large realizes that laws can be ignored, we're in for one hell of a mess.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
2 minutes ago, and then said:

The truly mind-boggling aspect of that is that a social media platform would ALLOW IT.  I think we are approaching a point where some serious intervention needs to take place with these platforms.  I'm normally against giving government more power but these corporate types seem to have ZERO concern for the damage their product helps to facilitate.  They literally have to capacity to create deadly mob violence and then make money off the tragedy.  WTH?  

The censorship they DO bother to engage in is purely political and is OBVIOUSLY against those who don't agree with the Dem/Socialist/Globalist mantra.  I think that corporate officers and company owners that perpetuate hatred and can be found to have caused death or mayhem should be held civilly AND criminally liable.

From what was heard through the police scanner, the shooter was live streaming through Facebook.  They found this information from the shooters girlfriend who has been cooperating with police.  It sounds like, unconfirmed, that only she could see the live stream.  It's possible Facebook, unconfirmed, set the stream to private so police could only see it. Which would be helpful for police on the scene.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

I'm watching channel 10 right now. They said the Mayor is upset that this shooter had access to so much ammunition. Say what? Dealers have been shooting up neighborhoods in Philly for ages. 

Needed to edit people into dealers because this has always been about drugs or robberies.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.