Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Active Shooter in Philadelphia

acidhead

3 Shootings within the week. Sheesh this is getting crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Scholar4Truth said:

3 Shootings within the week. Sheesh this is getting crazy. 

There were more than that in Philly this week. This one just made the national news.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Police scanner now saying the trapped two police officers and their prisoners are out of the house.  Confirmed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Police scanner now saying the trapped two police officers and their prisoners are out of the house.  Confirmed.

Was just going to say that. News said the officers but didn't mention the prisoners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

From what was heard through the police scanner, the shooter was live streaming through Facebook.  They found this information from the shooters girlfriend who has been cooperating with police.  It sounds like, unconfirmed, that only she could see the live stream.  It's possible Facebook, unconfirmed, set the stream to private so police could only see it. Which would be helpful for police on the scene.

Correction: Face timing with gf

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I have a feeling this is going to end badly for the shooter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

There were more than that in Philly this week. This one just made the national news.

Not good Susie :(  Philly will be as bad as Chicago at this rate. 

Btw, did you see this link?  https://6abc.com/philly-father-recounts-call-from-daughter-during-active-shooter-incident/5468482/

This poor man got a text from his daughter at a nearby day-care (from what I could tell) and she was so calm with what she said to her father, it brought tears to my eyes. :(

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Btw, did you see this link?  https://6abc.com/philly-father-recounts-call-from-daughter-during-active-shooter-incident/5468482/

This poor man got a text from his daughter at a nearby day-care (from what I could tell) and she was so calm with what she said to her father, it brought tears to my eyes. :(

Awesome name for a daycare center: Shake, Rattle & Roll Learning Center 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pixiii said:

There was a daycare, I think across the street. Police were able to evacuate it right away but parents couldn't get into the children because all the roads were blocked. They were able to after the children were moved. Neighbors also go out if they had to break windows.

Philly has been bad for a long time. People are upset because they want to put a safe injection site for heroin in Kensington. This may only keep getting worse. I'm not interested in going anywhere near Philly.

It's been raining most of the night now. Our regular programming has been on the channels for about an hour and a half. The officers who were shot have all been released from the hospital to go home according to the Mayor. I've also heard tell the shooter is using an AK47 but I don't know how true that is. He's yelling about guns and ammunition. No mind to the fact that this guy breaks laws and doesn't care about his gun control.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I was in ABC Philadelphia Facebook page and most people are glad the police will be alright but it's amazing how many people talked up the shooter. This isn't going away anytime soon. I feel sorry for their kids.

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Awesome name for a daycare center: Shake, Rattle & Roll Learning Center 

Is that what it was called? That is awesome.

• Like 2

This whole episode of violence we appear to be going through in the world is beginning to frustrate me.  I can imagine you guys feel this too.  It's just getting ridiculously out of hand.  :( 

• Like 1

Channel 10 just came on with breaking news. The two officers who were trapped were the narcotics officers who attempted to serve the warrant. They are now back at the police station. Local news will start now at 11.

• Like 2

Here's what being released about the police radio broadcasts when this began.

https://6abc.com/listen-radio-broadcasts-reveal-chaotic-situation-during-philly-active-shooter-incident/5468255/?fbclid=IwAR1v9RLG8Sf9AEpB1v9wUXsmVrvbie3d2pAqmtDBpGVgbWEfT0A5ITOd1S4

I'm watching channel 10 and they said no gunshots have been heard for a while. I wonder if Maurice is still alive in there. I don't see him surrendering after what I've read.

• Like 1

@pixiii  Here's a video of police removing the children from the daycare center. A lot of things are being posted up into news sites now. My bad. I didn't think they were trapped that long. I knew traffic was at a total standstill all around the area.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/80-Children-Rescued-Philadelphia-Shooting-Officers-Cops-543108141.html

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm watching channel 10 and they said no gunshots have been heard for a while. I wonder if Maurice is still alive in there. I don't see him surrendering after what I've read.

Quoting myself because an onsite Channel 10 reporter just said police have called Maurice's cellphone within the last hour and he answered it so he was still alive. Hopefully they can talk him out safely now. They're talking about his criminal record and there is no way this man got his hands on the gun or the ammunition legally. Or at least, he shouldn't have been able to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Quoting myself because an onsite Channel 10 reporter just said police have called Maurice's cellphone within the last hour and he answered it so he was still alive. Hopefully they can talk him out safely now. They're talking about his criminal record and there is no way this man got his hands on the gun or the ammunition legally. Or at least, he shouldn't have been able to.

• Like 2

What a sweetheart, huh?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, susieice said:

What a sweetheart, huh?

He's got three choices right now while the standoff continues..

1. Surrender 

2. Smoke himself

3. Shootout

It's his choice.

Police are being patient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1