Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wheel of Time (TV Series)

Gwynbleidd

To all people who have loved reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, Amazon Prime is going to make a TV Series based on it.

Here is the latest Casting News of who's playing who in the series.  I'm a little shocked at some of the choices, but then again, after being on the edge of my seat for Netflix's Witcher Series, I think I may becoming used to this! 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/14/20805951/wheel-of-time-amazon-show-prime-video-adaptation-cast-rand-althor-robert-jordan-actors

Amazon’s Wheel of Time show has a cast of unknowns but big ambitions

What do you think of the cast so far?  Oh gosh, please ignore this guy that's raving on about himself in the video, and skip to 55secs! :lol: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mat is absolutely perfectly cast, by looks alone. He looks like a cheeky sod :D I like Egwene and Perrin also looks decent, though he'll need to beef up.

Rand looks way too much like a pretty boy for me though and I always pictured Nynaeve as blonde and fair, even after being reminded countless times that she wasn't, so it felt weird to see her picture.

These are just pictures though. I'm sure they'll all be great once it's up and running. I honestly can't wait for this one!

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to post an update on this series :)

'Wheel of Time': All the Details (So Far) on Amazon's Fantasy Drama

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/wheel-time-all-details-far-amazons-fantasy-drama-1236598

And this link too: https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/09/amazons-wheel-of-time-show-finds-its-uncrowned-king/ (Sorry, you just have to scroll down in the link a bit to get to the what is quoted below) 

Daniel Henney (Criminal Minds) has joined the cast of Amazon’s The Wheel of Time TV series as the fearsome al’Lan Mandragoran, a.k.a. — deep breath — Lord of the Seven Towers, Lord of the Lakes, True Blade of Malkier, Defender of the Wall of First Fires, Bearer of the Sword of the Thousand Lakes and May He Sever the Shadow. Or, you know, just Lan to his friends.

I’ve been working all night, but I imagine everyone’s as ecstatic about this as I am. @danielhenney is al’Lan Mandragoran! He was who I saw in my mind from the first moment I started writing, so to have him here in Prague is surreal. The Golden Crane flies for Tarmon Gai’don! https://t.co/8uxpHTpql2

— Rafe Judkins (@rafejudkins) September 4, 2019

• 4 weeks later...

I read the first few of the Wheel of Time series.  My nephew really loved them and recommended them.  I could not get past the 4th book as every ending left the main character worse of than the previous book and that just seems wasteful to me.  I didn't care for the Thomas Covenant series either as the main character did not seem to have any redeemable character feature. (I actually liked the demon better) I hope they television show is as good as everyone anticipates.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I didn't care for the Thomas Covenant series

I hated the Thomas Covenant books.

• Like 1

Yup.. they didn't half drag on. 

There where some great idea's in them, but sadly these where interspersed with dozens of pages of soul-searching monologues. 

• Like 2