Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meet Russia's space agency Fedor robot

Still Waters

Russia's space agency has released eerie footage of its human-like android which will board the International Space Station next week.

Nicknamed Fedor - which stands for Final Experimental Demonstration Research - the anthropomorphous machine was seen undergoing a battery of stress-tests at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. 

Dubbed Putin's robo-naut, the machine can be seen determining targets and honing in on specific points, such as steering wheels, which will surely come in handy while they're in orbit. 

The scenes come ahead of its inclusion on the unmanned Soyuz MS-14 spacecraft on 22 August 2019.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7352321/Russias-space-agency-releases-eerie-footage-human-like-android-Fedor.html

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Russia's space agency has released eerie footage of its human-like android which will board the International Space Station next week.

Nicknamed Fedor - which stands for Final Experimental Demonstration Research - the anthropomorphous machine was seen undergoing a battery of stress-tests at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. 

Dubbed Putin's robo-naut, the machine can be seen determining targets and honing in on specific points, such as steering wheels, which will surely come in handy while they're in orbit. 

The scenes come ahead of its inclusion on the unmanned Soyuz MS-14 spacecraft on 22 August 2019.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7352321/Russias-space-agency-releases-eerie-footage-human-like-android-Fedor.html

That creepy Robot reminds me of a Space movie were the Robot go's crazy and kills the Crew of the Space Ship.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That creepy Robot reminds me of a Space movie were the Robot go's crazy and kills the Crew of the Space Ship.

I was just thinking of Hector from 'Saturn 3'.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was just thinking of Hector from 'Saturn 3'.

Yep, I think that's it, thanks for jogging my memory. 

• Like 2

Don't worry, Hollywood will come up with a good guy robot to save the day, if not the world... 

~

• Haha 3

Update:

Russia has launched a rocket carrying a life-sized robot to the International Space Station (ISS).

It was launched from Russia's Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on Thursday and is set to arrive at the station on Saturday.

The robot, named Fedor (Experimental Demonstration Object Research), is the first ever sent into space by Russia.

In order to test a new emergency rescue system, the robot was the Soyuz rocket's only passenger.

Fedor stands some one metre and 80 centimetres tall (5ft 11 inches) and weighs 160 kilograms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49431507

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The movie title will read: 
[      Terminator 
The future is now old man]

Critics are saying 

"Make it wear a master chief suit"

"should've named it Ivan5000"

"Lets just keep going and see what happens" 

"They aren't creating a terminator, but I doubt the people in the movie had that in mind. They just so happened to provide it with the ability to terminate prior to understanding the true capacity of the AI to learn and develop"

"What could possibly go wrong"

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

No but seriously this is awesome. I think just about 10 years ago Japan had this bot that could barely climb stairs, and now this. 

Considering that the technology that is exposed to the public eye is at least 20years behind the things they already developed and keep hidden; Makes you wonder how advanced the bots that aren't shown to the public are. 

Edited by It's Just An Opinion
part of the text was erased.
  • Like 2

Powering up. Protectron on duty...

The only way to stop a bad guy with a space robot is with a good guy with a space robot.
Also, it's funny (telling?) how the Russian bot looks like a matte finish terminator, the American Boston Dynamics bots look like some vaguely biomechanical hell-beast, and the Japanese robots are either cute, or neck deep in the uncanny valley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I thought something altogether different....I misread Fedor as Fredo and thought...is this some kind of joke? 

On 8/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, Still Waters said:

Update:

Fedor stands some one metre and 80 centimetres tall (5ft 11 inches) and weighs 160 kilograms.

Oh man. That BMI is way off the scale... :D

In scifi anime, bringing a robot onto the space station never ends up going well.

That asks for disaster. Junkyard scrap Fedor by capabilities is like newborn monkey in comparison to Boston Dynamics robots.

OT Korean toy robots were presented to Putin as know-how of russian robotics :lol: