Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants the US to buy Greenland

Unusual Tournament

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

This is all that matters folks:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/21/politics/cnn-poll-trump-economy-guns/index.html

65% of Americans think Trump is doing a good job with the US economy. Thats him re-elected.

Did you read at least the title of the article you're peddling as precisely the opposite of what it says? 

Public's view on the economy dips for the first time in Trump's presidency

Almost two-thirds of Americans (65%) say current economic conditions are good, but that's down since May, representing the first significant decline in public perception of the economy during Donald Trump's presidency, 

The President's overall approval has ticked down slightly. Forty percent of Americans approve of the job he's doing, down from 43% in June. Most, 54%, disapprove.

And it gets a lot worse if you continue reading. 

Of course, reality has alternatives in Trump's sect :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea as long as you talk about trump buying Greenland you are not paying attention to other things, even cnn's Acosta said the same thing.  

In `The Prince` political leaders are advised to monopolise media attention.

While its counter-intuitive, those politicians constantly receiving media attention for all the wrong things consistently poll better than politicians that dont rock the boat but who are heard from infrequently. Acting the entertaining clown, constantly causing controversy, constantly upsetting people, means Trump gets most of the attention from the US media helping to secure his re-election.

People also think he is funny and what more.

Make no mistake Trump is a highly competent leader. While those who hate him get swept along by his comments just stop and watch him. Stop and watch his speech where he says he is suspending his trip to Denmark as an example. You can spot him laughing about what he is coming out with. Its intentional and calculated. But those blinded by their hate for Republicans fall for it every time lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

That would be quite something.

If Trump tried that one, and Australia agreed, I hope that the UK, Canada and New Zealand would all join too.

Yeah, no. **** that. 

We've been doing rebellions a lot longer than the US. 

26 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

While its counter-intuitive, those politicians constantly receiving media attention for all the wrong things consistently poll better than politicians that dont rock the boat but who are heard from infrequently. Acting the entertaining clown, constantly causing controversy, constantly upsetting people, means Trump gets most of the attention from the US media helping to secure his re-election.

Make no mistake Trump is a highly competent leader. While those who hate him get swept along by his comments just stop and watch him. Stop and watch his speech where he says he is suspending his trip to Denmark as an example. You can spot him laughing about what he is coming out with. Its intentional and calculated. But those blinded by their hate for Republicans fall for it every time lol.

Of two countries at once. He just announced he's like king of Israel :lol: 

It's not really funny, you know. It's certainly laughable but in disgusting sort of way. 

edit: I must add that the poor guy's screams for attention and his insisting that everyone loves him are intensifying and are already painful to watch. His family should do something, because it's becoming obvious that he's actually suffering and in deep panic from rejection. And the more he's acting like wannabe tough guy, the more rejection he will experience. 

His political adventure will cost him the tiny bit of sanity he might have had. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Of two countries at once. He just announced he's like king of Israel :lol: 

It's not really funny, you know. It's certainly laughable but in disgusting sort of way. 

edit: I must add that the poor guy's screams for attention and his insisting that everyone loves him are intensifying and are already painful to watch. His family should do something, because it's becoming obvious that he's actually suffering and in deep panic from rejection. And the more he's acting like wannabe tough guy, the more rejection he will experience. 

His political adventure will cost him the tiny bit of sanity he might have had. 

Go on... admit it.... you find him funny too lol

What has he done now.... King of Israel?

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Trump retweeted a tweet where Wayne Allyn Root was saying how much the Jews in Israel love Trump, in the retweeted tweet king of Israel and second coming were mentioned.

Which is not to be mixed up with Trump saying he was the chosen one which was from a press conference and in relation to the trade war with China.

Essentially it is just the left still losing their minds over anything Trump says or does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Trump retweeted a tweet where Wayne Allyn Root was saying how much the Jews in Israel love Trump, in the retweeted tweet king of Israel and second coming were mentioned.

Which is not to be mixed up with Trump saying he was the chosen one which was from a press conference and in relation to the trade war with China.

Essentially it is just the left still losing their minds over anything Trump says or does.

Several of those lefties are going to have a stroke when he gets re-elected lol.

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

It's more like both are trying to find political leverage with the left highlighting every idiotic thing he says and does and the Republicans staunchly finding excuses by defending his actions, convincing themselves there is logic in his madness.  As I said in a previous post, if the US falls into a Recession the only one to blame will be him and he'll suffer the consequences in 2020 because the only positive thing coming out of his Administration has been that the economy is holding up.  With a Recession and a possible Wall St crash, there'll be nothing holding his a$$ down in the chair for another disastrous 4 years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

:lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Go on... admit it.... you find him funny too lol

Personally I've actually loved every minute of his 3 years in office so far.  The entertainment he brings to the world is unmemorable.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

It's more like both are trying to find political leverage with the left highlighting every idiotic thing he says and does and the Republicans staunchly finding excuses by defending his actions, convincing themselves there is logic in his madness.  As I said in a previous post, if the US falls into a Recession the only one to blame will be him and he'll suffer the consequences in 2020 because the only positive thing coming out of his Administration has been that the economy is holding up.  With a Recession and a possible Wall St crash, there'll be nothing holding his a$$ down in the chair for another disastrous 4 years.

Trump is almost certainly going to win reelection whether there is a recession or not.  The mere fact that you think the only positive thing Trump has going for him is the economy shows just how little you understand what is actually going on.

This is anecdotal so take it for what you want but I'm from south west PA and I can tell you right now Trump is almost certainly going to win PA again in the general election.  Right or wrong, accurate or inaccurate information the only thing that matters is that the perception has changed among the coal mining communities and they are going to give Trump PA again. 

Why the perception has changed really has nothing to do with Trump but with poor optics from the Democrats and some Machiavellian scheming from the Republicans.  People tend to look down on the poor coal mining communities throughout PA, West Virgina, ect but they do have long memories and one thing they remember is the coal miners union calling almost daily to remind them to vote for Obama along with sending letters and pamphlets on why to vote for Obama and how the coal miners union gave millions of dollars to the Obama campaign, then a few months after Obama got elected the letters came that there was a high probability that there pensions and benefits would be cut in the near to intermediate future due to not having enough funds. 

Next came the insurance problem, dating back to WW2 the federal government promised to essentially cover the health insurance for coal miners, this was done to increase coal and steel production during the war but it lasted well past the war.  While Obama was in office the coal miners came close to losing their health insurance multiple times, often coming within hours of losing it before a resolution would be passed by the house and senate to provide enough funding to cover the cost for a few more months to let them keep working on the bill.  The Republicans were the ones that kept a long lasting solution from passing cause they knew the Democrats were the ones getting blamed by the coal mining communities for it not getting it passed and about a month or so after Trump took office the coal miners got their health insurance taken care of permanently with no risk of losing it making it look like it was the Republicans who got it settled for them.

Ultimately even though the perception might be factually wrong the coal mining community, atleast in PA, that used to vote heavily democrat view the democrats as betraying them, almost costing them there benefits, pensions, and health care, while viewing the Republicans as saviors.

As I said this is all anecdotal and from a small selection of what is a large community I can see.  The point is that with all these national polls and with these wide over views it does seem like you are right that Trump only has the economy going for him but when you start looking closer at very important sub groups then stuff starts to look very different.  This blindness to what is really going on in favor of overviews that tell them what they want to hear is what is going to cost the Democrats the next election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Personally I've actually loved every minute of his 3 years in office so far.  The entertainment he brings to the world is unmemorable.

I was thinking the same thing. Any president that follows Trump will have his work cut out for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Several of those lefties are going to have a stroke when he gets re-elected lol.

I’ve noticed lately you’ve even using lol in most of your rants. Is because you find what you’re saying funny or are you trying to encourage the reader to laugh at you? lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

I’ve noticed lately you’ve even using lol in most of your rants. Is because you find what you’re saying funny or are you trying to encourage the reader to laugh at you? lol.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

As I said in a previous post, if the US falls into a Recession the only one to blame will be him and he'll suffer the consequences in 2020 because the only positive thing coming out of his Administration has been that the economy is holding up.  With a Recession and a possible Wall St crash, there'll be nothing holding his a$$ down in the chair for another disastrous 4 years.

You can bet if there is a recession, it will be blamed on the FED, the fake news Press, the Democrats, and who knows possibly Denmark.

There is a lot of difference between a great leader and a great manipulator.  President Trump will not take responsibility for anything negative that arises out of his actions.  He can't see it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You can bet if there is a recession, it will be blamed on the FED, the fake news Press, the Democrats, and who knows possibly Denmark.

Fox & Friends: Media is intentionally trying to crash economy

Its like youre psychic

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Its funny to me lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

There is a lot of difference between a great leader and a great manipulator.  President Trump will not take responsibility for anything negative that arises out of his actions.  He can't see it.

So true.  Up to American voters, especially the swing voters, to see past his manipulations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Is it bad that I would vote for him?

While I recognise he has done well on the economy and illegal immigration, and while I would vote for someone just for that, that isn't why I would vote for him.

I would vote for him because he is funny and entertaining. Its almost everyday he upsets someone lol.

6 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Trump is almost certainly going to win reelection whether there is a recession or not.  The mere fact that you think the only positive thing Trump has going for him is the economy shows just how little you understand what is actually going on.

This is anecdotal so take it for what you want but I'm from south west PA and I can tell you right now Trump is almost certainly going to win PA again in the general election.  Right or wrong, accurate or inaccurate information the only thing that matters is that the perception has changed among the coal mining communities and they are going to give Trump PA again. 

Why the perception has changed really has nothing to do with Trump but with poor optics from the Democrats and some Machiavellian scheming from the Republicans.  People tend to look down on the poor coal mining communities throughout PA, West Virgina, ect but they do have long memories and one thing they remember is the coal miners union calling almost daily to remind them to vote for Obama along with sending letters and pamphlets on why to vote for Obama and how the coal miners union gave millions of dollars to the Obama campaign, then a few months after Obama got elected the letters came that there was a high probability that there pensions and benefits would be cut in the near to intermediate future due to not having enough funds. 

Next came the insurance problem, dating back to WW2 the federal government promised to essentially cover the health insurance for coal miners, this was done to increase coal and steel production during the war but it lasted well past the war.  While Obama was in office the coal miners came close to losing their health insurance multiple times, often coming within hours of losing it before a resolution would be passed by the house and senate to provide enough funding to cover the cost for a few more months to let them keep working on the bill.  The Republicans were the ones that kept a long lasting solution from passing cause they knew the Democrats were the ones getting blamed by the coal mining communities for it not getting it passed and about a month or so after Trump took office the coal miners got their health insurance taken care of permanently with no risk of losing it making it look like it was the Republicans who got it settled for them.

Ultimately even though the perception might be factually wrong the coal mining community, atleast in PA, that used to vote heavily democrat view the democrats as betraying them, almost costing them there benefits, pensions, and health care, while viewing the Republicans as saviors.

As I said this is all anecdotal and from a small selection of what is a large community I can see.  The point is that with all these national polls and with these wide over views it does seem like you are right that Trump only has the economy going for him but when you start looking closer at very important sub groups then stuff starts to look very different.  This blindness to what is really going on in favor of overviews that tell them what they want to hear is what is going to cost the Democrats the next election.

I'm not going to pretend to understand the feelings and general atmosphere Americans had towards Obama or have towards Trump and other possible candidates more than you guys and polls, as we've seen lately, don't seem to be reliable so I wasn't really basing my assumption on such. 

From what I've seen happens in most Democratic (western) elections a successful politician is judged on a few primary factors: how well the economy performed, unemployment and if initial electoral promises were fulfilled, which may also include things to do with the first two, the economy and jobs.  With a recession, both the economy and employment suffer and the longer a recession lasts, the worst it gets.  The trade war with China is hurting both the US and China but it will be a lot worse for Trump than Xi if it takes you into a recession.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Is it bad that I would vote for him?

While I recognise he has done well on the economy and illegal immigration, and while I would vote for someone just for that, that isn't why I would vote for him.

I would vote for him because he is funny and entertaining. Its almost everyday he upsets someone lol.

Sounds like you guys have a similar clown, Farage.  We used to have one (Kevin Rudd) but now all we have are total drop kicks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Yes, because it's so damn funny and at the same time so embarrassing it makes your toes curl. Surely anyone would.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The trade war with China is hurting both the US and China but it will be a lot worse for Trump than Xi if it takes you into a recession.

The interesting part of the trade war with China is that the only Americans being really hurt by the trade war are farmers and manufacturers in the heartland.  AKA Trump's base.  This adds a layer of volatility to the upcoming election that is gonna be hard to predict.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Sounds like you guys have a similar clown, Farage. 

hell no, that's Boris you're thinking of. Farage is a bastion of common sense in comparison. 

• Haha 1