Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrified parents see ghosts on baby monitors

UM-Bot

Where's PapaG? He's gonna cream at this.

Looks pretty convincing but I'm sure there will be a very mundane reason behind it. :)

I have no idea what's going on here, but if I saw that in my kid's room it would definitely get my attention! I don't think I'd jump immediately to 'ghost', I'd start by checking all the equipment. I don't know if there are any tape based nanny-cams still working but if this was one you could probably just change the tape to get rid of the 'ghost'. If it's digital then ... hmmph.

Edited by Calibeliever

Not entirely covinced, I mean not convinced at all.

Edited by MissJatti

I think it is important to recognize that this is a relatively inexpensive IR camera and is heavily affected by close object reflections that consequently appear as 'ghosting.' Exposure compensating cameras will somewhat compensate for this issue. Nevertheless, the location of the camera is an important issue with installers simply because this is a common problem. That said, the interpretation of the video is ultimately based on one's beliefs. Beliefs, of course, filter our perceptions and actions -- looking forward to some spirited comments.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

This is old, we discussed/debunked this video here months ago.

I remember one similar, is this the same one?

The crib seems to be on the backside of a couch which has a TV running, probably on pause to a movie it appears. The "Ghost" (An out of focus person) appears near one doorway and exits the other doorway. The baby reacts to the person walking and stands up. This is a low light situation so a camera isn't going to give near the detail had it been broad daylight, thereby easily convincing some it is indeed a "Ghost."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moonman said:

This is old, we discussed/debunked this video here months ago.

Please read the article before commenting.

This piece is about the general subject of allegedly paranormal anomalies showing up on baby monitors and how they might be explained.

It is not about a specific video - the video linked at the bottom is just an example of the type of footage the article is referring to.

Edit: I've added a short blurb at the end as well as a link to the article about the video itself to avoid any further confusion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

This piece is about the general subject of allegedly paranormal anomalies showing up on baby monitors and how they might be explained.

It is not about a specific video - the video linked at the bottom is just an example of the type of footage the article is referring to.

OK thanks, yeah I'm guilty of just skimming the text and watching the video, I'll cop to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saru said:

Edit: I've added a short blurb at the end as well as a link to the article about the video itself to avoid any further confusion.

When that one video is pictured and discussed in the article itself, of course people are going to think the article is about that video that we discussed back in March.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Stiff said:

Where's PapaG? He's gonna cream at this.

Looks pretty convincing but I'm sure there will be a very mundane reason behind it. :)

Never Fear.…..PapaG is Here!!

Here we go again. Have we seen that video before in another thread? Looks somewhat familiar. 

But as the mod said, this discussion is to be about the general subject of baby monitors and the paranormal and not that one video.

Yes as a believer in ghosts, I believe the explosion in camera monitoring technology will more and more capture some fascinating stuff. A few may have simple mundane explanations but probably the majority of the better ones are showing real phenomena. 

I also think physically deceased grandparents and etcetera are still interested in protecting, visiting and being around new babies. I'm thinking most of these videos are showing nothing malevolent so enjoy and don't worry.

• Like 1

I think most of the things seen on these type of cameras are explainable. 

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Saru the source article is not available to me unless I subscribe?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/my-baby-monitor-is-haunted-tales-of-parental-fright-11565688602

Natalie Wallace was lying in bed one night more than a month ago when she glanced at her Cocoon Cam baby monitor. She noticed splotches of pink and purple all around the baby’s bassinet. The colors are supposed to indicate motion, but her baby was in a deep sleep.

A few days later, Ms. Wallace, who helps run a leadership development company in Los Angeles, came home to find her husband at the kitchen table looking distraught. He showed her a screenshot he’d taken of a humanlike figure on the baby monitor, floating above the...’

F0FEE647-406A-4A3F-A8C6-230FAEF95610.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/17/2019 at 7:22 AM, Timothy said:

@Saru the source article is not available to me unless I subscribe?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/my-baby-monitor-is-haunted-tales-of-parental-fright-11565688602

Natalie Wallace was lying in bed one night more than a month ago when she glanced at her Cocoon Cam baby monitor. She noticed splotches of pink and purple all around the baby’s bassinet. The colors are supposed to indicate motion, but her baby was in a deep sleep.

A few days later, Ms. Wallace, who helps run a leadership development company in Los Angeles, came home to find her husband at the kitchen table looking distraught. He showed her a screenshot he’d taken of a humanlike figure on the baby monitor, floating above the...’

F0FEE647-406A-4A3F-A8C6-230FAEF95610.jpeg

I can access it ok @Timothy - perhaps it's one of the websites with a paywall once you've read a number of their articles per month.  Have you been reading a lot of the wsj lately? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

I can access it ok @Timothy - perhaps it's one of the websites with a paywall once you've read a number of their articles per month.  Have you been reading a lot of the wsj lately? 

I got the same thing as Timothy. I don’t think I’ve read many things on website. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, pixiii said:

Maybe region blocked? I’m in Australia and don’t generally use a VPN. 

Sad days. 

Or, the dark lord is keeping this pertinent information from me!!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Timothy said:

Maybe region blocked? I’m in Australia and don’t generally use a VPN. 

Sad days. 

Or, the dark lord is keeping this pertinent information from me!!!!!!

It's either Gremlins or Putin...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Impedancer said:

It's either Gremlins or Putin...

Bloody Putin. My ex thought it would be funny to send me photos of me aged with that age app.

So Putin is probably creating deepfakes of me as we speak to incriminate me in some future Russian crime. Lol!

Hope he enjoys a couple of my profile pictures. :tsu:

• Like 1

It looks like  a double exposure, I don't know how digital works with that kind of thing though.  Is it digital or tape?

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It looks like  a double exposure, I don't know how digital works with that kind of thing though.  Is it digital or tape?

All of these baby monitors are digital or they could not send real time notification to the parents. Double-exposure doesn’t just happen digitally unless there was intentional fraud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is even good that ordinary people do not see ghosts and creatures of other levels, otherwise it would create big problems for humanity.
To spiritual people they pose great obstacles.
If someone will rise spiritually, then the hostile creatures of other worlds will try to overturn you.And no amulets, garlic or the help of a priest will help you. But if you remain an ordinary person, you will not be interested.

Ordinary ghosts can not harm us in any way because the physical body is a powerful armor against such creatures but these creatures can easily see you in the room and you won’t see anything, so humble yourself, they are everywhere. Just do not do evil and shameful things because who knows who is spying on you.