Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Hip Exosuit to make walking easier

Eldorado

"Their lightweight exosuit is made of textile components worn at the waist and thighs, and a mobile actuation system attached to the lower back which is controlled by an algorithm that can robustly detect the transition from walking to running and vice versa.

"The team first showed that the exosuit worn by users in treadmill-based indoor tests, on average, reduced their metabolic costs of walking by 9.3% and of running by 4% compared to when they were walking and running without the device."

Full report at Harvard Uni: https://wyss.harvard.edu/suit-up-with-a-robot-to-walk-and-run-more-easily/

"Reducing the metabolic rate of walking and running with a versatile, portable exosuit."

At Science Mag: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/365/6454/668

And at Science Daily: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/08/190815140828.htm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I though low metabolic rates is what makes one gain weight at a greater pace, on the bright side though, nobody has to remember which foot comes after next when walking I guess... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

I though low metabolic rates is what makes one gain weight at a greater pace, on the bright side though, nobody has to remember which foot comes after next when walking I guess... 

~

Free exosuit with every crate of Scotch!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/16/2019 at 10:53 PM, third_eye said:

~

I wonder if you can d/l a script and bust a few moves. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I wonder if you can d/l a script and bust a few moves. 

I think you can switch a couple of wires around and bust a lot more than moves.... 

~

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I think you can switch a couple of wires around and bust a lot more than moves.... 

~

Like put 'em on your arms and play guitar:innocent:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Like put 'em on your arms and play guitar:innocent:

Depends on whether it's a sit or squat model I guess.... 

~

• Haha 1