Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Elon Musk still wants to drop nukes on Mars

Recommended Posts

 
RabidMongoose

We have too much water on earth, lets super heat it into plasma and fire it at mars. It might take a couple of centuries to make an ocean up there but then humans can settle.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ell
Posted (edited)

Surface area

 

Mars: 144 million square kilometers

Earth deserts: 20 million square kilometers

 

I propose to nuke Earth's deserts first. :alien:

Edited by Ell
correcting error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison

We just might want to determine if there is already life on Mars, before we do anything as otherwise presumptuous as blasting it with nuclear bombs!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

I'm OK with this as long as they strap Kanye West to it first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SultryPine

We have all but destroyed the ecosystem on this planet due to our short sightedness and incredible greed. Let's fix this before we let loose on another rock!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllPossible
2 hours ago, Stiff said:

I'm OK with this as long as they strap Kanye West to it first.

Hey don't be stingy. They're plenty more that can join him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
27 minutes ago, AllPossible said:

Hey don't be stingy. They're plenty more that can join him

Yep. I'm OK with that too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calibeliever

Not for nuthin', but do we really want this guy to have access to nuclear weapons, whatever his reasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fred_mc

I think there is not much point in doing this without first solving the issue with Mars' atmosphere disappearing into space due not having a magnetic field. Without solving that, it would seem to me that we are just dumping gases into space that could have been used better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison

Mars' atmosphere disappeared over a very, very long period of time, due to erosion by the solar wind.  I don't hold with terraforming Mars, as long as there is a reasonable chance of native life there, but suppose this question was resolved in the negative.

Any added atmosphere established there, by whatever means, would hang about long enough to allow us to solve the erosion problem. An artificial magnetic field might be created. Humans are rather good at making electromagnets. Maybe  a network of electromagnet satellites in orbit all around the planet would work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crookshanks

I don't believe this at all. Any excuse to make a nuclear bomb right? Elon sounds too much like Enola to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Berwen

Hey Stiff, do you have room for Trump as well, that might save the earth as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
On 8/18/2019 at 12:43 AM, bison said:

We just might want to determine if there is already life on Mars, before we do anything as otherwise presumptuous as blasting it with nuclear bombs!

Mars is very different to what mainstream keep bleating on about, and a 12 year old with a $100 telescope can prove it, but these days people don't think they follow.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, fred_mc said:

I think there is not much point in doing this without first solving the issue with Mars' atmosphere disappearing into space due not having a magnetic field. Without solving that, it would seem to me that we are just dumping gases into space that could have been used better.

 

On 8/19/2019 at 3:05 AM, bison said:

Mars' atmosphere disappeared over a very, very long period of time, due to erosion by the solar wind.  I don't hold with terraforming Mars, as long as there is a reasonable chance of native life there, but suppose this question was resolved in the negative.

Any added atmosphere established there, by whatever means, would hang about long enough to allow us to solve the erosion problem. An artificial magnetic field might be created. Humans are rather good at making electromagnets. Maybe  a network of electromagnet satellites in orbit all around the planet would work. 

Mars has a magnetic field, but it is more stronger in some areas than others, even NASA says that.

Atmosphere disappeared, lol.

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.