Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious hidden museum door finally opened

Eldorado

"A mysterious hidden door welded shut behind a fake wall in a 'haunted' building has been opened for the first time.

"Marie and Steve Wesson, owners of Nottingham's Haunted Museum , discovered the venue's only metal door under a layer of plasterboard when they acquired the old Mapperley picturehouse last year.

"It was sealed shut in an emergency exit chute with plugs and electrics fitted over it, and sinister rumours circulated about its past."

Full report with pics at the UK Mirror: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mysterious-hidden-door-welded-shut-18952941

And at Nottingham Live: https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/whats-on-news/nottinghams-most-haunted-building-finally-3219014?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What's the point in trying to contain a demon or two with a metal door? They can simply walk around it, through the walls!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Can the Mirror make these stories more of a nuisance to get to the meat. I lost patience. Papameter never even got powered up this time. Grrr..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sooo, a Museum, a haunted museum, which operates as a money making venue, found a "spooky" locked door in the building. 

I wonder how sales have been, since the great reveal...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Sooo, a Museum, a haunted museum, which operates as a money making venue, found a "spooky" locked door in the building. 

I wonder how sales have been, since the great reveal...

Reminds me of the hullabaloo over Geraldo and Capone's vault.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, and then said:

Reminds me of the hullabaloo over Geraldo and Capone's vault.  

OMG! I remember that! I didn't watch it, but boy did Geraldo's career tank after that fiasco!  :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"a five-point satanic star" :rolleyes: 

Tours of the Haunted Museum run Tuesday to Friday, 11am to 6pm and Sundays 1pm to 6pm, tickets are £7 per person 

:hmm: 

• Like 5

The headaches are probably caused by something that has been released into the air from the sealed room.

• Like 5

At least its an interesting room :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

The headaches are probably caused by something that has been released into the air from the sealed room.

Black mold produces some nasty fumes. 

My feelings are the contents of the room was a "setup". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Following on through one the OPs links it tells you more about the Haunted museum.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/first-look-inside-nottinghams-haunted-1799731

They have/had some weird and morbid stuff in there. It also says admission used to be free, that was a year ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Following on through one the OPs links it tells you more about the Haunted museum.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/first-look-inside-nottinghams-haunted-1799731

They have/had some weird and morbid stuff in there. It also says admission used to be free, that was a year ago.

I love how he's posing with some poor and elderly person's skull. :hmm:

....and if you want to know how I can tell is look at the upper jaw. 

• Sad 2

the couple left it locked for more than a year but yesterday (August 15) along with a group of seven paranormal enthusiasts they finally cracked it open.

The couple have turned a former cinema into a museum, how convinient for them to find this room! 

It was a shock to the 44-year-old, who'd just expected to find a brick wall on the other side of the door.

Huh ???

Why would she posibly think that. The door was sealed on her side, generally a sealed door leads to a sealed room 

We're paranormal  investigators

Tours of the Haunted Museum run Tuesday to Friday, 11am to 6pm and Sundays 1pm to 6pm, tickets are £7 per person and all children must be accompanied by an adult.

No.luv!  You are out to con people out of £7 by vamping up your advertising.

A former cinema in Mapperley is set to give visitors a fright after being transformed into a new haunted museum.

Amd what better way to attract the believers, find a secret door. Yeah right. 

I smell a dead rat.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Piney said:

I love how he's posing with some poor and elderly person's skull. :hmm:

....and if you want to know how I can tell is look at the upper jaw. 

Female. And yes, the degree of maxillary resorption is quite extreme. This may suggest early childhood dietary deprivation/tooth loss.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Swede said:

Female. And yes, the degree of maxillary resorption is quite extreme. This may suggest early childhood dietary deprivation/tooth loss.

It could also mean it is the skull.of an elderly person who lost all their teeth through age, but without knowing anything about the skull, eg: how old it is, where and how it was buried, it is not possible to say. What we can tell is it an adults skull. 

The person could have losts its teeth in numerous ways.

What we do know is he is very  likely making up stories. 

The museum was an old cinema and then a furniture store, he has brought his collection to the building so there is no reason why the building should be haunted. 

There is no link between his objects and the history of the building, but I bet he will make something up.to justify his £7 entry fee and there are enough gullible people to pay to go and see his collection of dead peoples things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's what the demons wants us to believe... 

~

• Haha 2

On 8/17/2019 at 1:25 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

OMG! I remember that! I didn't watch it, but boy did Geraldo's career tank after that fiasco!  :D

Yeah, but it didn't REALLY tank because he's still around and has made a pretty good living. It's sort of tanking now after his semi-nude photo he posted a few months ago but he deserves that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ask yourself what's creepier: the stupid thing on the tricycle or the thing kneeling by it?

Steve Wesson is opening Nottinghamshire's first haunted museum

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Ask yourself what's creepier: the stupid thing on the tricycle or the thing kneeling by it?

Looks like some creepy blow up doll. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Looks like some creepy blow up doll. 

Even if that thing ran around the house every night I can't imagine it'd be all that scary. That's some cheesy museum.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, freetoroam said:

It could also mean it is the skull.of an elderly person who lost all their teeth through age, but without knowing anything about the skull, eg: how old it is, where and how it was buried, it is not possible to say. What we can tell is it an adults skull. 

The person could have losts its teeth in numerous ways.

No, the bone growth and wear around the sockets point to losing their teeth when young.

@Swede and I handled a lot of skulls on digs and for NAGPRA and he's a top shelf archaeologist. 

• Thanks 1

For a door that was supposedly welded shut the door jamb looks to be in really good shape. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

Yikes...that is creepy,

I dont see this or the owners much different than i do pt Barnum and his museums just this one is playing a spooky haunted angle, of course paranormal superstitious claims have never been proven so doesnt much matter if the joint has a horrid past or not, when places do it adds to the mystic, if its your bread and butter thats the attention one wants to draw, so i expect embelishment.

be sure if i do my first floor as a museum of oddities i will play up our joints allegly haunted history too, and i can find plently to hype it up with, still havent figured out that thing in the attic,

Its only negative to me when people do like the warrens did.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

still havent figured out that thing in the attic,

Its only negative to me when people do like the warrens did.

1. What's the thing in the attic? I don't remember you mentioning that before.

2. HATED the Warrens.  Hated. Hated. Hated.  Old crocks of poo.

• Thanks 1