Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was UN Chief Dag Hammarskjöld murdered?

Eldorado

"On Sept. 18, 1961, U.N. Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld died when his plane crashed in Ndola, Rhodesia. The tragedy was officially deemed an accident, although almost immediately afterwards rumors began to spread that the actual cause of the calamity was foul play—say, perhaps, via a bomb, or a fighter jet that shot down Hammarskjöld’s craft.

"In Cold Case Hammarskjöld, director Mads Brügger goes in search of the truth of Hammarskjöld’s demise, and what he uncovers is a plot involving secret paramilitary cabals, covert-ops training facilities hidden in deep forests, Ace of Spades calling cards left by government executioners, and vaccines used to spread AIDS throughout South Africa’s black population."

Full article at the Daily Beast via MSN: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/spotlight/was-a-un-secretary-general-assassinated-to-cover-up-a-sinister-plot-to-spread-aids-across-africa/ar-AAFTe3b

At the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/movies/cold-case-hammarskjold-review.html

And the LA Times: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-08-15/cold-case-hammarskjold-review-mads-brugger

Hammarskjold Inquiry: http://www.hammarskjoldinquiry.info/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Ace of Spades calling cards left by government executioners,

What "wet worker" didn't leave those friggin things around???? :lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"In Cold Case Hammarskjöld, director Mads Brügger goes in search of the truth of Hammarskjöld’s demise, and what he uncovers is a plot involving secret paramilitary cabals, covert-ops training facilities hidden in deep forests, Ace of Spades calling cards left by government executioners, and vaccines used to spread AIDS throughout South Africa’s black population."

I often find myself asking why is this slowly becoming more and more believable as society goes off the rails further and further?

There, they discussed a 12-page SAIMR document which indicated that Hammarskjöld had been taken out because he’d become “troublesome.” British and U.S. intelligence agencies were apparently implicated by this manuscript, but the original copy of the bombshell report went missing.

:o  HOW BLOODY CONVENIENT.....

Once upon a time, we would've scoffed at the thought that someone would walk across a bridge in London with a ricin-pellet loaded umbrella. ;) 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pixiii said:
5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

covert-ops training facilities hidden in deep forests,

If you every want to set one up I highly recommend Romania. :yes: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, pixiii said:

I often find myself asking why is this slowly becoming more and more believable as society goes off the rails further and further?

:o  HOW BLOODY CONVENIENT.....

Once upon a time, we would've scoffed at the thought that someone would walk across a bridge in London with a ricin-pellet loaded umbrella. ;) 

Rumours about why the plane came down were fuelled by no less a figure than former US president Harry Truman.

He told reporters two days after Hammarskjöld’s death that the UN leader “was on the point of getting something done when they killed him. Notice that I said 'when they killed him.'”

He refused to elaborate, but it was the start of decades of suspicions that western governments were not sharing all the information they held about the crash.

Full article from January 2019 at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/12/former-raf-pilot-shot-down-un-chief-dag-hammarskjold-1961-plane

• Thanks 1

After having seen the episode of Air Crash Investigation on National Geographic where this crash is investigated, I would say that I think it was an accident, i.e. I don't think he was murdered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Rumours about why the plane came down were fuelled by no less a figure than former US president Harry Truman.

Fancy that huh? If he was indeed killed, it's much easier to see them getting away with it then, than what it is now.  Especially without the electronic records kept...how convenient that the official report went missing.  Sometimes, I think these govt organisations are either crooked as he!! and think we're a bunch of dopey cattle that eat up anything they feed us, or, they are the most unorganised idiots in existence. :lol: 

edit:  I forgot to mention, they're still getting away with things today, just on a more techy scale perhaps!  Look at the Epstein scandal, what a pitiful tale they're attempting to feed us and they're expecting us to lap it up as truth too.  I'm glad people ask more questions now.  Imagine back in 1961, it would've been somewhat taboo to ask a lot of questions.  Oh no no, just sit back and "trust" the so called experts. 

Wow, I sound like a conspiracy theorist.   :D 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

After having seen the episode of Air Crash Investigation on National Geographic where this crash is investigated, I would say that I think it was an accident, i.e. I don't think he was murdered.

Oh sorry, I haven't seen that at all - what did they find in it that made you sway to that way of thinking @fred_mc?

57 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Oh sorry, I haven't seen that at all - what did they find in it that made you sway to that way of thinking @fred_mc?

I don't quite remember the details but I think that when they examined the wreckage they didn't find any indications of it having been shot down. Also, I think the hill they crashed into was missing on the map they had of terrain aboard so they were not aware of there being an obstacle there. However, it might be that I might remember some details incorrectly. However, they also brought up that at least one person much later claimed that he had heard radio communication indicating that somebody intended to shoot down the plane. The corresponding documents are however still classified so it was impossible to get out information whether there is anything to it. Anyway, the examination of the wreckage causes me to believe that it was an accident.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

I don't quite remember the details but I think that when they examined the wreckage they didn't find any indications of it having been shot down. Also, I think the hill they crashed into was missing on the map they had of terrain aboard so they were not aware of there being an obstacle there. However, it might be that I might remember some details incorrectly. However, they also brought up that at least one person much later claimed that he had heard radio communication indicating that somebody intended to shoot down the plane. The corresponding documents are however still classified so it was impossible to get out information whether there is anything to it. Anyway, the examination of the wreckage causes me to believe that it was an accident.

Oh thanks for that fred - this side of the story sounds really interesting.  I think I might try to track down that episode online somewhere and watch it because I hadn't heard of this guy's crash prior to this thread actually, so I wouldn't mind looking into it a little more.  

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts! :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

Oh thanks for that fred - this side of the story sounds really interesting.  I think I might try to track down that episode online somewhere and watch it because I hadn't heard of this guy's crash prior to this thread actually, so I wouldn't mind looking into it a little more.  

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts! :D 

You're welcome. Dag Hammarskjöld came from Sweden where I live. He used to have a farm called Backåkra in the part of Sweden where I live. It is now a museum. I was there quite many years ago but then it was closed so I couldn't get in. Last year, the UN Security Council had a meeting at Backåkra, discussing the war in Syria and other issues. It must have been pretty relaxing for them to have a meeting far out in the countryside like that, quite a contrast to meeting in a big city like New York, like they are used to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, pixiii said:

That’s the literal definition of confirmation bias...

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

Dag Hammarskjöld was from Sweden his death was very tradgic indeed. from what i've heard they believe his plane was crashed deliberatey. I also believe he was murdered.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1