Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' appears in Welsh councillor's photo

UM-Bot

It looks like a access box to cables. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Piney said:

It looks like a access box to cables. 

It's not the box, it's in the window. I couldn't even see the "ghost" except on the negative 

• Like 1

Well that's convincing rolleyes.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

No way on earth it could be someone looking out a window. Must be paranormal, Xen-O-Meter reads 100% paranormal. :lol:

• Haha 6

I think it's a reflection of something. Of what I'm not entirely sure, perhaps it's the crenelation behind the guy, or maybe there is something else behind the guy.

• Like 2

The question to this has to be..... how did the woman know there was something unusual in the window when there is absolutely nothing to see there until you massively edit the photograph. 
Okay if it was a clear image of someone in the window but if you can only really see anything in negative, then how on earth did she spot it to tell him about it?!? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I actually recently watched the entirety of Nuke’s Top Five ghost videos on YouTube. There are a couple good ones. Yes, a couple. Two, maybe barely three. I’m a hard liner sceptic especially with ghost stuff. But, a couple videos jumped out at me. It took hours of wading through videos with lengthy unskippable ads. Ughh

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ExoPaul said:

The question to this has to be..... how did the woman know there was something unusual in the window when there is absolutely nothing to see there until you massively edit the photograph. 
Okay if it was a clear image of someone in the window but if you can only really see anything in negative, then how on earth did she spot it to tell him about it?!? 

Maybe she got good eyes? I can see there is something in the window in the regular picture, but it didn't necessarily strike me as ghostly.

• Like 2

Something a graphic designer said many many years ago makes sense now, "the pixels whispered to me " he would say... 

~

• Like 2

Man, even old ParaG can't get excited about this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Professor Buzzkill said:

It's not the box, it's in the window. I couldn't even see the "ghost" except on the negative 

It's negative no ghost.

To me it looked like a smudge on the photo i think someone must have salivated over it.

• Haha 3

Looks like the window covering was sheer enough for a person looking out the window to be seen in the right light

• Like 2

Why was someone even dithering with the photo in the first place?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ExoPaul said:

Exactly.  Why would one massively edit a photograph?  I doesn't really make sense.  Unless you wanted to colour it with sepia or something like that.  Make it more artsy to look at.  And yet, all of a sudden a random human shaped object in a window appears.  Yeeeeeeea.........  

Would I be correct in saying this could fall into the category of pareidolia?

Edited by pixiii
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

When Jason Wayne Parry had his picture taken recently, he had failed to notice what was lurking behind him.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/329795/ghost-appears-in-welsh-councillors-photo

I think it was a reflection of what I don't know. However, to call it a ghost is really reaching.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It wasn't until he had a friend enhance the image that the alleged 'ghost' became clear.

Perhaps, instead of a friend (one who really should step away from their illegal copy of Photoshop...) he should have considered someone who actually knew something about analysis of images....

Lesson 1 in analysing/enhancing images, is that most 'tools' available in an image editor enhance the image by adding new false detail, or destroying detail.

Posterisation and contrast adjustment are two of the worst tools for falsifying data, and making patterns appear out of what is essentially random noise from the sensor or film grain.  Those shapes and patterns essentially have nothing to do with real image detail, and a real analysis would never include such a horribly mangled image.

So yes, it's a bit of image noise, falsely enhanced with made up detail and a little pareidolia.

Oh, and it's not a negative...  It's simply been monochromed and posterised.

• Thanks 3

So many want their moment of attention and make claims to it with lame fake ghost pictures one of my basic indicators the picture is bs is when the presenter has to add arrows or circles to show you what they want the viewer to see.

Chrlzs nailed it.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand this ? So there was a girl in the downstairs room, looking through the net curtains in the window. What is the "supernatural" aspect of this ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pixiii said:

Would I be correct in saying this could fall into the category of pareidolia?

Seems out and out fakery to me. Perhaps the original article didn't get enough attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm afraid I don't quite understand this ? So there was a girl in the downstairs room, looking through the net curtains in the window. What is the "supernatural" aspect of this ? 

If you enlarge the photo (I'm seeing it on a computer screen) it actually looks like it's between him AND the window. It continues below the window frame and down to the ground.  And it's the classic shape of the Virgin Mary ghosts that people like to plop into photos.

• Like 2