Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virgin Galactic reveals new Spaceport America

Still Waters

Virgin Galactic's new home for tourist flights to suborbital space is now go for launch.

The spaceflight company unveiled the mostly completed interior of its "Gateway to Space" building here at Spaceport America today (Aug. 15), showcasing communal areas where passengers will gear up for their flights as well as the spaceflight-operations sector housing mission control.

The progress on this interior work "means that Spaceport America's Gateway to Space is now functionally operational — ready to host the remaining portion of Virgin Galactic's test-flight program before welcoming its very first future astronauts," Virgin Galactic representatives said in a statement today.

https://www.space.com/virgin-galactic-unveils-spaceport-america-grand-opening.html

Virgin Galactic today revealed the first look at the interior fit-out of its Gateway to Space building at Spaceport America in New Mexico.

https://www.virgingalactic.com/articles/virgin-galactic-opens-the-doors-to-the-gateway-to-space/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have pictures of this from a distance that I took two years ago when my friend and I drove out to look at it while staying in Truth or Consequences.  The building wasn't finished but they had guards at the gate.  It will be interesting to see how much Branson charges for a ticket to space.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It will be interesting to see how much Branson charges for a ticket to space.

That's no secret. It's around  $250,000 US per ticket.

2 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

That's no secret. It's around  $250,000 US per ticket.

Oh, my.  Well I won't be going.