Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Student disqualified for hating Halal meat

Eldorado

"A vegetarian GCSE student was disqualified after an examiner took her criticism of Halal meat to be Islamophobic."

"Abbey, who is a strict vegetarian, described the process surrounding Halal meat as ‘absolutely disgusting’."

Full story at UniLad UK: https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/gcse-student-disqualified-for-criticising-halal-meat-during-exam/

"GCSE student disqualified after 'over zealous' examiner mistook vegetarianism for Islamophobia"

At the Telegraph UK: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/17/gcse-student-disqualified-zealous-examiner-mistook-vegetarianism/

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Religion is a plight upon this planet. Apparently having an opinion is also a bad thing as well.

Keep your opinions to yourself. This is something everyone needs to practice these days. 

• Haha 6

Where I come from, the examiner would be called a 'halal hippie'. People who are so eager to include all sorts of BS, that they even sell out their own core values.

When that is said, vegetarians are nutjobs too. Not as bad as vegans,  but close...

• Like 2

So wait... if I consider the Halal meat slaughter method disgusting, then I am an "Islamophobe" for holding this opinion ? 

Am I antisemitic if I hold similar view to Kosher meat slaughter ? (which is very similar)

The examiner should have been disciplined and sent for retraining (or simply fired) for adopting this attitude. Was he by any chance muslim ? 

• Like 2

The examiner much be a muslim, 

• Like 1

Looks like the OCR is a board of people that review the papers, not one sole examiner reviewing the papers. And by looking at the most recent 2018 years papers, it seems that the Religious Studies categories are greatly broken down into sections by religion- Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism- so it may be the exam paper was covering Islam specifically so only Halal would have come up instead of also other practices.

• Like 2

It's a mirror reflecting on a mirror situation... 

~

Are animal rights activists called Islamophobic and anti-Semitic?  What if a farmer sells eggs that are not free range.  If activists complain will the media support their cause regardless of the farmer's religion or does that put an entirely different light on the activists?

fatherted.png

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/18/2019 at 4:27 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

For most carnivores Halal’s slaughtering process is disgusting. 

really? how?   i think it is more humane than what we do in slaughterhouses , now that is outright discussing,

44 minutes ago, aztek said:

really? how?   i think it is more humane than what we do in slaughterhouses , now that is outright discussing,

You must be doing some vile stuff to Animals in America if it's worse than halal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

You must be doing some vile stuff to Animals in America if it's worse than halal.

what is so bad about halal method, can you tell me specifics??  what exactly do you oppose?

The use of sentient beings for food and/or experimentation is evil on the highest level.  Kosher and Halil are examples of evil.  So is drinking milk, eating cheese or chicken.  Most people have been so brainwashed they cannot even recognize the inherent evil of these acts.   

• Haha 1

Technically, Halal is Kosher except for the technicalities of language and all things cultural, it is the same, its been around before there was Islam... 

~

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

For most carnivores Halal’s slaughtering process is disgusting. 

Yeah, slitting the throat of an animal is just ab so lutely monstrous. I mean, weve done it since the dawn of Man, but 'were living in the 21st century now', 'we care for animals'.

Treating them like disposable products, feeding them into a massive meat industry with the only goal to grow the largest slab of meat.. is fine and dandy! As long as we tranquilize them at slaughter their meaningless and empty, drugged lives are completely redeemed.

Religion is not a plight on this planet, WE are. Remove religion, and WE will find another flag to commit our crazy under, you can take that to the proverbial bank.

What went wrong here, is the idiot who thought it wise to disqualify the vegan because of her opinion. Thats all, thats it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, aztek said:

what is so bad about halal method, can you tell me specifics??  what exactly do you oppose?

Cutting an animals throat and letting it bleed to death, if you're doing worse than this in America you need to stop it.

Edited by hetrodoxly

2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Cutting an animals throat and letting it bleed to death, what do you do in America that's worse?

yea it is fast and painless death.  watch slaughter house documentary, i'm not gonna post details here

btw almost 90% of animals are stunned before slitting their throat, as far as halal way of killing

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

btw almost 90% of animals are stunned before slitting their throat, as far as halal way of killing

Can i see your source.