Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 mass shootings allegedly thwarted

OverSword

Been waiting for someone to post but haven't seen anything yet soooo.......

Authorities this weekend announced they had foiled three potential mass shootingsafter arresting three men in different states who expressed interest in or threatened to carry them out.

All three cases were brought to authorities' attention thanks to tips from the public.

Here's what we know about them.

For details click here

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 7

Like an alcoholic, America will have to hit rock bottom before it gets better. They are still in the denial stage.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

For details click here

It's hard to tell how serious some of those people were, but at least one of them had a cache of weapons and ammunition. Either way posting hate on social media is not a safe thing to do these days someone is watching. I also have to give credit to the girl friend, she did the right think and that I am sure wasn't easy.

JIMO

• Like 6

Like I said in the other thread - It would have been nice if the police in my state had done something about Cruz before he went on his killing rampage. Cruz was a prime past example of this kind of thing, violent behavior, terroristic threats on social media, reported by family, all of that long before he killed a lot of people in Parkland.

But it makes me wonder why after the El Paso and Ohio shootings, the authorities across the nation changed gears all of the sudden and started doing something about this issue. Orders from Trump or DOJ?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Like an alcoholic, America will have to hit rock bottom before it gets better. They are still in the denial stage.

Perhaps your little Soy Boy can show us the way?  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I also have to give credit to the girl friend, she did the right think and that I am sure wasn't easy.

Agree completely.  If the people around these nuts/evil buzzards would say something then most of these events would be stopped before they began.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gunn said:

Like I said in the other thread - It would have been nice if the police in my state had done something about Cruz before he went on his killing rampage. Cruz was a prime past example of this kind of thing, violent behavior, terroristic threats on social media, reported by family, all of that long before he killed a lot of people in Parkland.

But it makes me wonder why after the El Paso and Ohio shootings, the authorities across the nation changed gears all of the sudden and started doing something about this issue. Orders from Trump or DOJ?

I suspect both are involved, however, now it appears they are taking the situation very seriously.  While it is certainly a shame so many have lost their lives, at least now it appears they are doing something. This is the first real step they have taken, let's hope they continue moving this farword.

JIMO

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I suspect the country did hit rock bottom with the recent attacks. Let's just hope they stay proactive, because it is certainly the right step farword. While it may not completely stop the problem over night it is a beginning.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

Someone reported the Parkland shooter to the FBI before it happened but the agency failed to take action.

Law enforcement needs to be more aggressive just like they did with these 3.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, and then said:

Agree completely.  If the people around these nuts/evil buzzards would say something then most of these events would be stopped before they began.

I also think with the help of family, friends and social media most of the shooting could have been prevented. 

• Like 3

Well, I think we can agree on one thing...

The FBI rocks!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope it's not some lame attempt at some false flag bs trying to refocus the media off the Epstein saga.  I am no longer surprised by this behaviour sadly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I hope it's not some lame attempt at some false flag bs trying to refocus the media off the Epstein saga.  I am no longer surprised by this behaviour sadly.

I also hope that your right, but I somehow suspect that after the recent mass shootings that they are really trying to do something. I think after all that's happened their trying to do something to stop these killers before they can act. Which many Presidents before Trump should have done, but did nothing except pass it to next guy.

• Like 2

I also hope that your right, but I somehow suspect that after the recent mass shootings that they are really trying to do something. I think after all that's happened their trying to do something to stop these killers before they can act. Which many Presidents before Trump should have done, but did nothing except pass it to next guy.

Yes I agree Manwon.  Sad state of affairs we've gotten ourselves into, not just in the US but all around the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pixiii said:

Agreed, and why I put alleged in the thread title. My concern is this is a parallel narrative to the way the FBI stops terror attacks, radicalizing some poor crazy kid then supplying them with a target and fake explosives so they can say “look we stopped a tragedy” this doesn’t seem to be the case here but I’m a skeptic so I’ll leave emphasis on the word alleged. 

On a separate note, how about the smile on that one guys mug shot? Do you think that’s because he knows they’ve got nothing on him? 

• Like 2

One of them sounded crazy but he only had a .22 and some ammo for it.  Not much of a case can be made from that.  I'm definitely not saying he couldn't have killed multiple people with it, it just doesn't fit the "assault weapon" narrative.  Truth is, some people could kill more with a .22 than others with a high powered semi-auto.  That means that once AR and AK types are outlawed it won't be long before they come back for ALL semi-auto weapons, pistol and long guns.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, and then said:

One of them sounded crazy but he only had a .22 and some ammo for it.  Not much of a case can be made from that.  I'm definitely not saying he couldn't have killed multiple people with it, it just doesn't fit the "assault weapon" narrative.  Truth is, some people could kill more with a .22 than others with a high powered semi-auto.  That means that once AR and AK types are outlawed it won't be long before they come back for ALL semi-auto weapons, pistol and long guns.  

Yeah but wasn’t he the one that said he would set the furthest confirmed kill from 3 miles away? With a .22?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I suspect both are involved, however, now it appears they are taking the situation very seriously.  While it is certainly a shame so many have lost their lives, at least now it appears they are doing something. This is the first real step they have taken, let's hope they continue moving this farword.

JIMO

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Right, and you know usually when it comes to politicians/government concern for the rest of us, each of us are nothing more then a number, dollar sign, potential vote, etc; whatever benefits them the most. But in this case, apparently the last two shootings got a lot of their attention. I suspect it was a combination with one shooting being an extreme case of domestic terrorism/a racist killing and then the shootings being so close together in a short amount of time. I couldn't say for sure. But regardless for whatever the reasons, I could tell Trump was getting tired of all of these type of mass shootings. He's even talking about bringing back mental institutions, which I thought just about everybody on the whole damn planet was against that idea including him. But then again, he's probably just exaggerating with that notion like he always does about certain things, and I don't see that really happening anyway.

But whatever put the wild hair up all their butts to start doing something about this particular issue, I don't see this as a case of media misdirection, false flags, conspiracy or whatever. I think all these guys they busted before they could commit their horrific acts, are the real deal and the Trump Admin is making an example out of them, and maybe they are also trying to send a message to any other potential lunatic loners out there who think they can just go on a mass killing spree like it's nothing to these idiots. I guess we'll see in the long run and like you said, hopefully the authorities will keep this up. We need to show the world that we don't need to ban guns to fix this problem. Although a lot more could be done by fixing our mental health system too, but this is a start.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

they already have, years ago, in nyc. 

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Agreed, and why I put alleged in the thread title. My concern is this is a parallel narrative to the way the FBI stops terror attacks, radicalizing some poor crazy kid then supplying them with a target and fake explosives so they can say “look we stopped a tragedy” this doesn’t seem to be the case here but I’m a skeptic so I’ll leave emphasis on the word alleged. 

On a separate note, how about the smile on that one guys mug shot? Do you think that’s because he knows they’ve got nothing on him? 

I suspect he's smiling because he is just plain crazy. This is the White Supremacist who posted on social media that he was responsible for shooting up a Jewish Social Center, which hadn't happened yet. When his home was searched the FBI found a cache of weapons and ammunition.

I am pretty sure all 3 of these idiots are going to do some time where they will receive mental health treatment. In addition I doubt they will ever be released until they are mentally cleared as not a threat to society. I think this will become the new norm, people like these who get caught before committing a crime.  Will have to be mentally cleared as not a threat to society before they can ever be released.

JIMO

• Like 1

I suspect he's smiling because he is just plain crazy. This is the White Supremacist who posted on social media that he was responsible for shooting up a Jewish Social Center, which hadn't happened yet. When his home was searched the FBI found a cache of weapons and ammunition.

The question being is any of that illegal?  If I were to say I had robbed a bank but the bank had never been robbed is it illegal?  We know that for most of us having guns and ammunition is legal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

The question being is any of that illegal?  If I were to say I had robbed a bank but the bank had never been robbed is it illegal?  We know that for most of us having guns and ammunition is legal.

That's a good question, is making threats enough to arrest someone? Yes I think it is legal to arrest them and check them out, to see if they have the ability to carry out there threats. Then in the process of doing that they check their social media accounts in depth to see if they are alone in these threats of they are part of a group. Then they check to see if they have been making preparations, such as buying more weapons, high capacity magazines or other items.

Last they would most likely complete a mental evaluation to determine if they are really a threat to themselves or others. If they are found to be a danger to themselves or public safety that's what will keep them locked up until they are no longer deemed a threat.

Here is website making threats to murder someone or a group of people.https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2016/01/criminal-penalties-for-murder-threats.html 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, OverSword said:

For details click here

Thank god FBI ,one in my state got caught.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunn said:

I just read it, don't know if the kid was serious or joking. However, it's now a federal crime to make oral or written statements threatening to kill a single person or groups of people. These laws have been around for sometime, but now with all that has happened they are prosecuting them. 

Here is a link that talks about making threats.  https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2016/01/criminal-penalties-for-murder-threats.html

• Like 1