Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 mass shootings allegedly thwarted

OverSword

Here is a good link that covers what isn't covered by freedom of speech. According to this link threats of violence or death against individuals, groups, or mass shootings are not covered by Freedom of Speech.

https://www.heritage.org/the-constitution/report/true-threats-and-the-limits-first-amendment-protection

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's a good question, is making threats enough to arrest someone? Yes I think it is legal to arrest them and check them out, to see if they have the ability to carry out there threats. Then in the process of doing that they check their social media accounts in depth to see if they are alone in these threats of they are part of a group. Then they check to see if they have been making preparations, such as buying more weapons, high capacity magazines or other items.

Last they would most likely complete a mental evaluation to determine if they are really a threat to themselves or others. If they are found to be a danger to themselves or public safety that's what will keep them locked up until they are no longer deemed a threat.

Here is website making threats to murder someone or a group of people.https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2016/01/criminal-penalties-for-murder-threats.html 

Yeah I’m not going to click that.

I understand that threatening to do something to someone may be a crime but to say I had already done something that had never occurred is different. That is a fiction and fiction is perfectly legal. I think that’s what that smile on his mugshot is. He thinks he’s being funny. He won’t be laughing when he ends up shoveling animal poop at a circus the rest of his life because nobody will hire him for this little stunt.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah I’m not going to click that.

I understand that threatening to do something to someone may be a crime but to say I had already done something that had never occurred is different. That is a fiction and fiction is perfectly legal. I think that’s what that smile on his mugshot is. He thinks he’s being funny. He won’t be laughing when he ends up shoveling animal poop at a circus the rest of his life because nobody will hire him for this little stunt.

It also possible that his threatening statement was like a suicide note not meant to be found until after the fact. However according to the link you posted, he had been threatening that community center for sometime, his last threat was just the straw that broke the camels back.  But you are right at this point he has ruined his life, because he is going to be tried for hie actions. You see in the links I posted these threats are Federal Crimes. Which if found guilty of he will lose many of his civil rights. One of which is the right to own a firearm legally which will make his day I am sure. 

I think in the end his smile will turn into a frown.

Oh and by the way, it appears you don't like to open links but here is one really worth reading.

https://www.heritage.org/the-constitution/report/true-threats-and-the-limits-first-amendment-protection

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

The question being is any of that illegal?  If I were to say I had robbed a bank but the bank had never been robbed is it illegal?  We know that for most of us having guns and ammunition is legal.

That's a good point, OS. But they may view his instagram video as ethnic intimidation? Which usually falls under this law;

A terroristic threat is a crime generally involving a threat to commit violence communicated with the intent to terrorize another, to cause evacuation of a building, or to cause serious public inconvenience, in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. It may mean an offense against property or involving danger to another person that may include but is not limited to recklessly endangering another person, harassment, stalking, ethnic intimidation, and criminal mischief.

Terroristic Threat Law and Legal Definition

I don't know, this particular case could be a slippery slope.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Oh and by the way, it appears you don't like to open links 

I don’t like opening links that are described the way you typed it :whistle:

47 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don’t like opening links that are described the way you typed it :whistle:

Sorry I am uncertain what you mean by the way I typed it, but that's ok. :rolleyes:

if you were interested you would just look it up anyway.

Edited by Manwon Lender

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Here is website making threats to murder someone or a group of people

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes I could have certainly worded that better, now I see what you mean.

So apparently the FBI and local authorities have made a helluva lot more arrests then maybe some of us previously thought. They even charged a 13 year old for terroristic threatening. Before this latest update, I thought the 15 year old was the youngest. This is getting serious. They're not playing around.

At least 27 people have been arrested over threats to commit mass attacks since the El Paso and Dayton shootings

Edit to add; A lot of them got charged for making terroristic threats/terroristic threatening.

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunn said:

So apparently the FBI and local authorities have made a helluva lot more arrests then maybe some of us previously thought. They even charged a 13 year old for terroristic threatening. Before this latest update, I thought the 15 year old was the youngest. This is getting serious. They're not playing around.

At least 27 people have been arrested over threats to commit mass attacks since the El Paso and Dayton shootings

Edit to add; A lot of them got charged for making terroristic threats/terroristic threatening.

I read the article it seems that too many people think this is a joke, now their not laughing.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1