Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anxiety

GLCsector3295

On 8/20/2019 at 3:47 PM, GLCsector3295 said:

My fear may never end.

Thoughts that never stop moving.

My life must transcend.

My fear  never ends.

Thoughts that won't stop moving.

My life must transcend.

(ya take 15 min to put together a Haiku to realize later in the night ya jacked up the first Fing line  go figure. Well wtf if ya cant laugh at your own mistakes and correct it, then wtf, all apart of writing and critiquing ones own work what ever the medium )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, GLCsector3295 said:

My fear may never end.

My life must transcend.

That's pretty cool! 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, GLCsector3295 said:

My fear may never end.

My life must transcend.

Recently a school in Utah has done away with giving elementary children home work, a study showed it had no significance in their education and as a result there was a 50% decrease in the childrens anxiety level over all. They said by doing this it also allows the children to learn more life skills after school hours.

I think that's great, i think it would also gives them more time to be children. 

• Like 1

Anxiety plays a huge role in the people's lives that it effects and there is no quick fix. But I think that by identifying why it is brought on is beneficial.

I have been able to identify the reason whether it is caused by institutional gut feelings that are dead on, fears, fears that are triggered, substances (such as weed for me, cant do that) caffeine, B-12, etc. Or p.m.s (back in the day) or be it caused by an upcoming event.

By identifying the cause at the time serves as a tool. I am now able to put my emotions in order. When I take the time to identify the cause this gives me the upper hand. I have less confusion which in turn helps me to organize, not only my emotions but my thoughts as well. At this point I am able to reason with my self.

Often times I find that my anxiety is brought on becasue of my expectations, I expect myself and at other times, other people expect me to do things that I know I can not at the time, my attitude and solution is this... take a number and stand in line.

Timing is everything and if the time is wrong for me or for me to do something that someone else thinks I should, then I wait it out until the time is right. I do not force myself to work against the times anymore.

By me doing this it has cut my anxiety down, I would say by at least 40%.

Another thing I have done is distance myself from certain individuals, mostly friends that were pulling me this way and that way and I also found myself agreeing to things they wanted me to do, only for the simple fact that they didnt want to do it alone; then I generally found that anxiety set in becasue I was wanting to be somewhere else.

By not allowing myself to be put in these types of situationsthis alone, has cut my anxiety down at least 30% not only did I eliminate this situation and cause, I also eliminated those people trying to make me feel obligated or mean.

Outwitting anxiety is challenging but can turn your life around if you stick with it and stand up agaisnt it.