Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Band of Holes - New Information!

Abitofanerd

I think that I may have found something potentially huge.  I cannot find anywhere on the internet where anyone else has made this connection, so I feel almost compelled to tell someone and I hope that this is of interest to anyone else in the forum.

Looking on Google Earth Pro, I have found structures/formations that are identical to the mysterious “Band of Holes” near Pisco Valley, Peru.  

I have found these identical formations, deep in the ocean, via Google Earth Pro.  The formations form massive uniform links, that lead from a land mass deep into the central ocean and then form absolutely massive, uniform, formations which are very clearly under creative design and not “natural” formations or structures.   The formations form right angles, triangles, rectangles and have a uniform width.  

If there was a vast tunnelling machine, that had the ability to melt through rock, rather than "cutting" or "boring" into it... and if, during the process, the molten rock was displaced above, leaving a clean cut tunnel internally, but with cooled molten layers above - it would look identical to the close up screen shot pictures I have taken when seen from above on the outside.  However, I cannot upload the pictures, as the limit for files is too low.  I will attach the link 

I welcome thoughts, as I am very excited about this. 

Coordinators on Google Earth:  

1 - Zoom in for "Band of Holes" identical to Pisco Valley, Peru:   44 deg 0.5'12.93"S   147 deg 53'49.50"E

2 - Zoom in for Massive, Uniform Structure, Clearly Under Creative Design:   38 deg 47'37.73"S    78 deg 24"54.52"E

• Like 2

There better not be any variation or forms of the Equidae Involved with any of these.... 

~

• Like 1

I've heard them performing in the Obscure Tent Over In the Far Side of the Field at Glastonbury; I thought they were ok, but essentially just sounded like a Foo Fighters cover band. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sorry, guys, no idea what you're talking about.  I joined this site in the hopes that there would be like-minded people and the information would be looked up.  My mistake.

54 minutes ago, Abitofanerd said:
I think that I may have found something potentially huge.  I cannot find anywhere on the internet where anyone else has made this connection, so I feel almost compelled to tell someone and I hope that this is of interest to anyone else in the forum.

Looking on Google Earth Pro, I have found structures/formations that are identical to the mysterious “Band of Holes” near Pisco Valley, Peru.  

I have found these identical formations, deep in the ocean, via Google Earth Pro.  The formations form massive uniform links, that lead from a land mass deep into the central ocean and then form absolutely massive, uniform, formations which are very clearly under creative design and not “natural” formations or structures.   The formations form right angles, triangles, rectangles and have a uniform width.  

If there was a vast tunnelling machine, that had the ability to melt through rock, rather than "cutting" or "boring" into it... and if, during the process, the molten rock was displaced above, leaving a clean cut tunnel internally, but with cooled molten layers above - it would look identical to the close up screen shot pictures I have taken when seen from above on the outside.  However, I cannot upload the pictures, as the limit for files is too low.  I will attach the link 

1 - Zoom in for "Band of Holes" identical to Pisco Valley, Peru:   44 deg 0.5'12.93"S   147 deg 53'49.50"E

2 - Zoom in for Massive, Uniform Structure, Clearly Under Creative Design:   38 deg 47'37.73"S    78 deg 24"54.52"E

The coordinate you've used don't work in google earth. Why put them in instead of a link or image?

• Thanks 3

Yes, sounds interesting. A clickable link would be very helpful here.

• Thanks 1

It only allows me to launch in chrome and google can go bleep themselves, they'll never get on my 'puter, the criminals

57 minutes ago, Abitofanerd said:

Sorry, guys, no idea what you're talking about.  I joined this site in the hopes that there would be like-minded people and the information would be looked up.  My mistake.

Not a mistake.  There are like minded people here and also some cynics like me.  Welcome to the site.

One thing that might be different here is that there are a lot of professionals  from the fields of geology, engineering, anthropology, history, astronomy, physics, paleontology, biology,  etc. on the site

There are people here that are open to discussion and expanding their own knowledge with well founded arguments and they have a pretty high standard of evidence.  Those people do look for anomalies and interesting phenomena, then subject them to close scrutiny. If they can be disproved or if there is not sufficient tangible evidence, they don't get far.  Those are great people to have on your side if you think you might have found something huge, but are not sure if it might be an  artifact of the data.  

There are also folks that will not look too deeply and get excited about topics that seem cool and mysterious.  You can find it all here.

• Like 7

I tried to translate the coordinates and took a look at Google Earth. I used

-38.79381 78.41514

or 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B047'37.7%22S+78%C2%B024'54.5%22E/@-38.7957036,78.3989872,43202m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d-38.7938139!4d78.4151444?hl=en

It is a spot in the Indian Ocean between some transform faults. I don't see any holes. Looks to me like the data shows a mix of lower and higher resolution scans of the ocean bottom.

• Like 1

The problem was that the location wasn't formatted in a manner that Google Maps could recognise.

Try entering it in this format - 44°5'12.93"S 147°53'49.50"E 

I think the grid-lines (as Moonman has just suggested) represent an artefact from an earlier sonar survey - see here.  (As discussed many times on many different forums).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

OOooopppppssssssssssssssssssssss!

Peru is nowhere near the coordinates given.

Zoom in for "Band of Holes" identical to Pisco Valley, Peru:   44 deg 0.5'12.93"S   147 deg 53'49.50"E

Peru is west, not east. It is not that far south.

4 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I've heard them performing in the Obscure Tent Over In the Far Side of the Field at Glastonbury; I thought they were ok, but essentially just sounded like a Foo Fighters cover band. 

I preferred them when they were called “A God Ate My Homework”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Abitofanerd said:

And I see the ocean floor off the southeastern coast of Africa, but do not see any "holes".

Not being an oceanographer, what I do see resemble rills, or valleys.

12 minutes ago, Abitofanerd said:

My view is that the images on the link below cannot be "natural".  They are uniform in structure and have a distinct pattern.  Interested in genuine feedback. :-) :-)

https://www.google.com/maps/@-39.8097,80.29112,2355441m/data=!3m1!1e3

One of the things you are looking at I am guessing are transform faults.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transform_fault

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_zone

These are spreading zones.

I think what you are interested in are the plate boundaries on the ocean floor which helped to cement the concept of plate tectonics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_tectonics

• Like 3

I'm assuming this is the area you're looking at:

S38.7963°  E78.4148°

It's nothing.

7 hours ago, Abitofanerd said:

Those coordinates are in the ocean.  I'm not seeing a thing.

5 hours ago, Windowpane said:

The problem was that the location wasn't formatted in a manner that Google Maps could recognise.

Try entering it in this format - 44°5'12.93"S 147°53'49.50"E 

I think the grid-lines (as Moonman has just suggested) represent an artefact from an earlier sonar survey - see here.  (As discussed many times on many different forums).

Nice.  I won't use google chrome so I got it by using stereo's link and then plugged in your coordinates.

Very strange. They are not round holes, but rather a series of oblong holes that are near square. No way for me to explain it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Abitofanerd said:

You know that there is a story that there are people who live underground a few hours drive from here. People say they come out very rarely and interact with people near a certain volcanic mountain. They were said to have found a way to vitrify the rocks which makes for incredibly sturdy tunnels which they moved into and have lived for a long long time, keeping a garden which has plants and animals that are now extinct up here. Well I know most of you arent interested in random wives tales but this reminded me of it.

I don't know what you are looking at but it sound interesting. What made you conclude the molten rock bit?

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

You know that there is a story that there are people who live underground a few hours drive from here. People say they come out very rarely and interact with people near a certain volcanic mountain. They were said to have found a way to vitrify the rocks which makes for incredibly sturdy tunnels which they moved into and have lived for a long long time, keeping a garden which has plants and animals that are now extinct up here. Well I know most of you arent interested in random wives tales but this reminded me of it.

I don't know what you are looking at but it sound interesting. What made you conclude the molten rock bit?

Sounds like the Shasta stories

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I don't see any holes.

windowpane's coordinates worked for me. they look like a waffle.