Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA Document Confirms Reality Of Humans With

macqdor

" paranormal abilities "

To do what exactly ? Read chicken bones and taro cards ? voodoo ?

I do not doubt that the CIA and other government agencies have looked into the paranormal, but only because of WWII and Hitler and the maddening research they had into the same, magic, religious artifacts , etc. I think, that what happened back then probably lead the US to want to at least look into things to see if any of it was true or if anything was worth pursuing.

But if people can't physically do what we see in super hero movies then for me everything else is pointless / I can't really see much worth in Remote Viewing which even on a best case seems like telling someone which hay stack to look into for the needle. 

There are better things to learn and research on, such as body language and how to read people for signs of lying, or " spies " learning slight of hand techniques. But I think the CIA is probably way more busy sowing the seeds of dissent in places like Iran, and China, than hoping to find some mind reader or someone with paranormal abilities that are mediocre.

That and people are screwed up as it is, do we really need more screw balls now with " abilities ". I do think people can acquire  abilities but not at a level that would be worth military or other uses. To me any kind of paranormal ability is black or white, true or false, but even if true i still put it in a mediocre category that really can only be of worth to an individual on a case by case basis and not something that is going to go mainstream in any sense.

The human mind is rather interesting and powerful enough as it is, ya have people who can count cards,  some people have extraordinary memory skills, heck i think at some point Ensteins' actual brain was sliced and examined to see why the heck he was so smart. 

4 hours ago, macqdor said:

skeptics filtering and cherry picking the truth?    See what they want to see to support their argument.   Wouldn't be the first/ nor the last time that's happened.

Once again it seems there are terms that you have no idea what they mean.

Add skeptic to your previous list of things to learn.

1. Hypothesis
  2. Scientific theory
  3. Open minded
  4. Evidence
  5. Facts
  6. Skeptic

Clearly, these terms are poorly understood by you and the evidence is of course your posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I stand by claims of skeptics cherry picking certain truths.  

they see what they want to see and ignore what they want to ignore and gate keep, preventing others from discussing and learning.

Meanwhile @GLCsector3295

If controlled and enhanced Remote Viewing could be a game changer in the spy and espionage business.

All we need to do is pick up our most recent newspaper and see the constant chess maneuvering between countries e.g. US and China Trade (WAR) Relations.   Russia vs NATO

Japan vs. S. Korea.  S. Korea vs. N. Korea. Who ever figures 'remote viewing out' would have a huge disadvantage and probably would be deemed dangerous.  Where could you keep a secret?   What would be safe?

What would be off limits?  The CIA, KGB, MOSSAD, etc would be chomping at the bit for the person remote.  Its a scary scenario if you think about it.

It will happen one day.

Remote viewing is a massive waste of time and money. We've got better surveillance equipment right in our pockets that someone can hack into. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, macqdor said:

they see what they want to see and ignore what they want to ignore and gate keep, preventing others from discussing and learning.

Gotta be honest here. It is the believers who do this. A skeptic questions and looks for the real answers or the most reasonable one at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"One of Zhang’s accomplishments involved moving sealed objects in and out of sealed containers."

Yeah, I've seen Chris Angel and other stage magicians do that one.  I can't explain it, but I'm pretty sure it was an illusion.

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I think that is the biggest problem with law of attraction, intention-manifestation, and magick practitioners, they think all their techniques change something externally. When in reality it changes their internal programs. This inner change is why sigil magick is the most successful system out there. Change yourself and you'll change the world around you.

What is wrong with you?!  You have already been told once to stop spelling magick with a k at the end.  You are stomping all over the delicate feelings of snowflakes! How non-empathick is that?

On a lighter note:  I'm still waiting for someone...anyone...to hover a quarter in mid-air with their mind.   

Liked: 'Change yourself and you'll change the world around you.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2019 at 3:11 PM, macqdor said:

CIA Document Confirms Reality Of Humans With ‘Special Abilities’ Able To Do ‘Impossible’ Things

These claims hold as much weight as your poltergeist claims.

Any reasonable persons sees past your BS mate... 

How’s the movie script going? Has anyone picked it up yet? 

It’s not a very compelling story, and many plot holes from your original claims before going to production. 

Can you post the screenplay here?

Fire department report too? Mate. Give up. You are a failure at what you’re trying to do. 

Harsh but true. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, joc said:

What is wrong with you?!  You have already been told once to stop spelling magick with a k at the end.  You are stomping all over the delicate feelings of snowflakes! How non-empathick is that?

Because I'm a rebel that's why.:D

On a lighter note:  I'm still waiting for someone...anyone...to hover a quarter in mid-air with their mind.   

Same. Granted I've seen some weird stuff during my occult days, but non-repeatable and inconclusive are the reason I can't blindly accept them.

Liked: 'Change yourself and you'll change the world around you.'

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, macqdor said:

Meanwhile @GLCsector3295

If controlled and enhanced Remote Viewing could be a game changer in the spy and espionage business.

All we need to do is pick up our most recent newspaper and see the constant chess maneuvering between countries e.g. US and China Trade (WAR) Relations.   Russia vs NATO

Japan vs. S. Korea.  S. Korea vs. N. Korea. Who ever figures 'remote viewing out' would have a huge disadvantage and probably would be deemed dangerous.  Where could you keep a secret?   What would be safe?

What would be off limits?  The CIA, KGB, MOSSAD, etc would be chomping at the bit for the person remote.  Its a scary scenario if you think about it.

It will happen one day.

Taking a close minded ignorant stance that does not reflect what really happens is done by those with a failed agenda and that is what you do.

If you have evidence to support this claim post it: "skeptics cherry picking certain truths"

But you never support your tall tales. Why? You can't.

Remote viewing has been a dismal failure. It doesn't work. That is why it was abandoned. Like so many other things claimed it was tested. There were decades of testing and nothing to show for it.

Is there any chance of remote viewing working? Extremely doubtful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is full of the material that makes a believer what they are. Unlike their claims, skeptics can point to actual evidence to support their position.

1. Believers will repost information even things that have been shown to be fraudulent. 
  2. Believers do not provide evidence to support their position.
  3. Believers are indignant that they are asked for evidence.

Item 1 is seen in the OP in which quantum flapdoodle and a fraud named Zhang are mentioned. 

Item 2 is in post #2 in which it is claimed that "the laboratory evidence is in too". Nothing of substance is provided except for a quote.

Item 3 comes in to play by post 4 in which it is pointed out that the headline is not supported by the material provided. Posts 6 to 11 point out the quantum flapdoodle in the OP.

Item 1 is revisited in posts 12-14 where it is shown that Zhang is a well known fraud.

Post 19 attempts to insert another dubious anecdote.

Item 3 appears in posts 19 and 28 in which the poster makes a pathetic attempt to deflect from providing evidence claiming that the "skeptics cherry picking certain truths" are doing something other than pointing out the failures of the OP: quantum flapdoodle, mentioning a fraud, and the headline not supported by the material provided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i only have a slight interest in Remote Viewing ,  I never said I bought into it totally, so if anyone thinks I have, try re reading what I actually said.

The paranormal is interesting ,so is the Concept of intelligent alien life. They both have possibilities and still both are extremely hard to prove.  What I find really weird about this forum, is that there seems to be more people wanting to debunk everything than those who support the topics at hand.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:55 AM, papageorge1 said:

After millions of anecdotal experiences suggesting psychic abilities

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

i only have a slight interest in Remote Viewing ,  I never said I bought into it totally, so if anyone thinks I have, try re reading what I actually said.

The paranormal is interesting ,so is the Concept of intelligent alien life. They both have possibilities and still both are extremely hard to prove.  What I find really weird about this forum, is that there seems to be more people wanting to debunk everything than those who support the topics at hand.

The problem of course is that there is virtually no evidence that there is anything outside of the human body. It appears to be all wishful thinking.

What many people do here is actually look for the evidence. They also point out what is real and what is fake. I have learned heaps pouring through the posts. An example is the coelecanth. Did you know that the ones we find today are not the same specie found in the fossil record? I had the misconception that they were the same. Another thing I Iearned is that the GP was built probably 1500 years before the invention of the wheel. When it comes to UFOs I learned that they have never been tracked coming into or leaving the atmosphere. 

There is plenty to learn. Pointing out mistakes and hoaxes and fraud happens when that is common in some subjects.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, macqdor said:

Literally not what skeptism is. Skeptism is asking for a higher standard of evidence and inquiry, not just accepting someone's badly design experiment or second hand anecdote as evidence for something they wish to be true.

• Like 4

@GLCsector3295

Don't forget ad hominems and other methods that throw the discussion into bedlam.  Some do this on purpose (I've observed).   Even if you don't believe in some of the topics being posted here why not discuss the possibility hypothetically? What do you have to lose?     What would the possibilities be or mean if half of what posted in this community was true.  Why not entertain the thought that some of its real?  Note it in your brain thats it not. And continue discussing.   IMO some of it is real.  Difficult to prove doesn't mean something isn't real.  But you see GLCsector therein lies the dilemma.

CSkeptics don't even want to do that.   I find myself looking up at the URL address when I enter confirming if I entered the right place.  The place called unexplained-mysterious.  There are millions of mysteries in the world that are unexplained .  This forum deals with the paranormal which millions of people encounter and experience.  You'd never know that by the constant debunking of everything.  And so I'm I'm clear - the skeptics aren't not debunking anything.  They're creating rukus.  Their championing their world view i.e. bullying members with opposite opinions.  Doubt me?  Try this. 

Ask them to suspend their disbelief for the duration of whatever topic they've entered.   Ask them to stipulate (with you) or for the sake of argument agree to disagree for the benefit of discussing things openly.  None of them will do that.   But ask them anyways.   I'd love to be proven wrong. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence"

A body of anecdotes intelligently considered for quantity, quality and consistency is evidence I use in forming my views on reality. I consider that a normal human reasoning skill actually.

• Like 1

Hmmm..... 

Although two of the documents are stored on a CIA server, they have not been PRODUCED by the CIA. One document - as dognogod mentioned earlier - is just a list of various Chinese publications and seminars on the topic of parapsychology. 

The other is - again - a Chinese publication "dressed up" as a scientific document, making extravagant and unsubstantiated claims. 

Once more, the CIA is merely hosting these documents. They do not represent CIA research (or - indeed - any research from within the USA), nor does the CIA make any comment as to their authenticity or credibility. 

The bit about the two-slit experiment, with its discussion of "Collapsing quantum wavefronts", seems like pure gobbledegook to me. 

A body of anecdotes intelligently considered for quantity, quality and consistency is evidence I use in forming my views on reality. I consider that a normal human reasoning skill actually.

Two types of people in the world those who "can't i.e. refuse to see the forest for the trees" in this case all the available material out there, the world over. Etc.  And those who can.

Like most things in life.  You can't find the paranormal.  The paranormal finds you.  And when it does your life is altered forever.  

Apparently there are only two types of people in the world. Those who question things, and those who don't.

@XenoFish

No one says you can't question.  Questioning things is a requirement.  You might not like all the answers given to you. Most skeptics dont and when they dont they throw tantrums, they throw ad hominem.  Occams Razor is not the answer to everything.   Never was.   

One problem with skeptics and there are a lot but one problem in particular is skeptics think the experiencer of the activity has all the answers.        You got questions? Guess what? We dont have answers. Not the exact answers you're looking for.  Doesn't make the event any less real.  Doesn't mean it can't be thought experimented and discussed.   You guys dont even want to do that.     Its a fear factor I've observed over and over among CSkeptics. 

But I digress.

If only someone had real proof of the paranormal, tested repeatedly and authenticated. Oh, well. Guess it's better to just cash in on stories based around anecdotal "evidence".:whistle:

• Like 1

If only someone had real proof of the paranormal, tested repeatedly and authenticated. Oh, well. Guess it's better to just cash in on stories based around anecdotal "evidence".

Like I said ad hominems.   

thanks for proving my point.  Anyone else?   LOL

• The topic was locked