Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I know I'm not alone.....

Pretty-Poet

I was 28 the first time I had sleep paralysis. I had been asleep,and I was awoken. I couldn’t move. It was absolutely terrifying, laying there with all my senses working, my eyes, my smell, my ears, etc, but I was completely paralyzed! I was too afraid to look directly at it, but there was a very dark shadow man off to my right, and the most overwhelming presence of evil that I could’ve ever imagined.

The first time the ‘demon’ raped me was a little over a year ago. I was sleeping on the couch, laying on my side. I was awoken by the feeling of being penetrated sexually. I was completely paralyzed, but I could feel, see and hear. I was definitely awake! I couldn’t speak, so in my head I prayed for my deceased mom to come and save me. In my head I chanted ‘mom, help me, MOM!’ The demon then put its hand over my mouth. Outta instinct, I bit the hand. I wasn’t expecting this at all, and it shocked me so badly- I bit into nothing but pure bone! Then, the demon whispered into my ear in the most evil voice ‘don’t call me mom’. Then the penetration ended, and I snapped outta the spell/trance.

This really happened to me. This is a true story. I am not mentally ill. When I went to a therapist and told them my story, I was told that I may need antipsychotic medications. I have never been diagnosed with anything mentally, nor do I need antipsychotic meds.

If I was crazy, how come this only happens to me between dead time- 12am-4am? Why have others had similar experiences like mine? I refuse to accept any medical explanations. I know that what is happening to me is real.

I am not religious, but I am extremely spiritual. I consider myself eclectic in my spiritual beliefs, and if you had to classify me as anything, it would be New Age. I am spiritually gifted, my mother was, and my daughter is as well. We can see and sense things that most cant. I am able to operate on a higher psychic level that most.

When I was 14, I used to communicate to the Other Side through seances and homemade Ouija Boards. I feel that by doing that, I have opened portals to another realm. I have had the portals closed twice by a minister due to not spirits bothering me, but the wicked. I don't know if this is related to my Incubus attacks, but I am curious for feed back to see if this is happening to others.

I have learned ways to try to prevent more attacks- I burn ‘protection’ incense every night before bed, and I also pray.

‘In the name of Jesus Christ and all his saints and angels I command you to leave. Dark is wicked, in good I believe.’

• Like 2

I know I'm not alone.....

Sleep Paralysis & Incubus Attacks

You are definitely not alone. As you exampled there are those who think all such things are always just imagination. Some think outside entities are involved. I think both scenarios are possible.

With your comments about your past dabbling in the occult, claimed family pattern of spiritual giftedness, the coherence in your story and thoughts, etc. I suspect something beyond imagination may well be going on in your case.

How does this situation affect your overall quality of life would be my first question/concern?

• Like 2

Wow, that sounds like a pretty bad sleep paralysis/nightmare.

I'm sorry.

Has it ever happened again?

Have you considered the possibility of it being an actual person ?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

At first, I was terrified of dead time 12am-4am. If I'm tired but not asleep yet, I can always sense the darkness in the room before the spell/trance comes on. I have done a lot of research on this, and I am in some FB groups about it. Knowing that I'm not alone brings me comfort. I have learned to fight back and to not be afraid. The wicked feed on fear. Now I fight back. Also, knowing that there is evil in the world, well that has to mean that there is good, too. 

I meditate a lot, and I also practice Reiki with my crystals. I smudge my house to help prevent attacks. 

31 minutes ago, Pretty-Poet said:

Yes, it has happened several times. Did you read my post? It is absolutely not a person. 

If what you tell is happening for real, you might be the victim of something very rare.
Spirits, ghosts, demons and that stuff is not real! So it must be something else.

The author who invented Sherlock Holmes said:
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

What remains is that our universe might be virtual, and that the simulators are toying with us.
You can discourage them by revealing that you know who they are. They thrive on ignorance, so if you know what's happening, you are no fun.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2

All I'm going to say is you should probably try the antipsychotic meds. If you still have things happening then come back and talk. But if you don't try it you will never know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pretty-Poet said:

Yes, it has happened several times. Did you read my post? It is absolutely not a person. 

It may be a psychic attack,as you have had the experience you would know.I'm glad you ditched the Ouji board as you are probably still getting residual stuff from this.You must order any bad entites away and mean it.I put a Golden glow around myself aswell,just don't enter into conversation with this apart from ordering it away.If you are not a Christian ,using Jesus as a protection may not work as its not your true belief.

• Like 1

This sounds to me like what is generally known as "old hag" - a type of hallucination that can occur during sleep paralysis.

You can read more about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

While "old hag" references the tendency to see an old woman, it is also not uncommon to see/feel something else.

This famous painting, for instance, depicts someone experiencing a 'demon' during a sleep paralysis episode:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#/media/File:John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG

It doesn't mean that an actual, literal 'demon' is responsible, it is simply the way your mind is manifesting the episode.

It is certainly worth discussing this with your doctor if the problem persists, however.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pretty-Poet said:

I was completely paralyzed, but I could feel, see and hear. I was definitely awake! I couldn’t speak,

I have had many dreams ...dreams..that I believed during the dream to be real.  So real, I found myself wishing in the dream that it was a dream, but I knew it was real...only to wake up and realize it was a dream....

....and then I have had a couple of experiences...one recently, where I heard my wife yelling out to me from the garage.  I literally jumped out of bed and ran into the garage, turned the light on...no one was there.  I went back to the bed and my wife was sound asleep.  I wasn't 'dreaming' per say when I heard her yell out.  But, of course, I was.   

There is a correlation between a lot of different things going on when we sleep.  Memories, desires, fears, sounds of the night, all entangle themselves to create imagery.  Sometimes we dream that we are awake...and we can't wake up from that, but eventually we do and the memories of the dream state vs the awakened state become merged together and often difficult to separate at all.

3 hours ago, Saru said:

While "old hag" references the tendency to see an old woman

3 hours ago, Saru said:

It doesn't mean that an actual, literal 'demon' is responsible,

Strange if its a medical condition that people often see,hear or feel the same thing.The main reason I believe it is paranormal.How could people have the same hallucination?

• Like 1

Just now, openozy said:

How could people have the same hallucination?

Memetics. Cultures are saturated by such stories.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Memetics. Cultures are saturated by such stories.

I had this as a young child and had never been told about anything like this.

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

I had this as a young child and had never been told about anything like this.

Not that you consciously remember and unintentionally edit through remembrance. 

I've also found out recently this affects people with African heritage and have also found out I have a % of African ancestors.

14 hours ago, Pretty-Poet said:

This really happened to me. This is a true story. I am not mentally ill. When I went to a therapist and told them my story, I was told that I may need antipsychotic medications. I have never been diagnosed with anything mentally, nor do I need antipsychotic meds.

I believe you on this,don't let anyone dull your senses with drugs.Their answer to anything they don't fathom.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You do not know. You assume. 

Well,give me an example of a paranormal experience you have had.

Edited by openozy

Just now, openozy said:

Well,give me an example of a paranormal experience you have had.

Evoking spirits to physical appearance on Halloween night 2011 in a local graveyard. Seeing an amorphous green mist for a week straight before my brother died and the trailer we lived in caught on fire. Random weekly telekinetic events. Two NDE's. Seen ghost children playing behind my grandmother's home. Seeing my dead grandfather after his funeral. Several weird dreams of meeting gods and other entities. 

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Evoking spirits to physical appearance on Halloween night 2011 in a local graveyard. Seeing an amorphous green mist for a week straight before my brother died and the trailer we lived in caught on fire. Random weekly telekinetic events. Two NDE's. Seen ghost children playing behind my grandmother's home. Seeing my dead grandfather after his funeral. Several weird dreams of meeting gods and other entities. 

If these are true,why the skeptical attitude to others encounters?

15 minutes ago, openozy said:

I believe you on this,don't let anyone dull your senses with drugs.Their answer to anything they don't fathom.

If someone takes antipsychotic meds and then these unpleasant expierences stop happening, then what would that tell you Openozy?

If you're on meds and it still happens thats one thing, or if you want the expierences happen that's another thing. But there is no reason not to try the meds.

• Thanks 1

Just now, openozy said:

If these are true,why the skeptical attitude to others encounters?

Because I questioned and researched my own experiences. There are only a handful in the 'that was weird' folder. 

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

If someone takes antipsychotic meds and then these unpleasant expierences stop happening, then what would that tell you Openozy?

If you're on meds and it still happens thats one thing, or if you want the expierences happen that's another thing. But there is no reason not to try the meds.

I'd think the meds are just dulling your senses,if on meds you may be just hallucinating.

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Because I questioned and researched my own experiences. There are only a handful in the 'that was weird' folder. 

I've also done the same with my stuff and found no reasonable answers,it sounds like you've just thrown yours in the"too hard basket" and are sort of denying they happened.But your continued interest is a dead giveaway

Edited by openozy

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

I've also done the same with my stuff and found no reasonable answers,it sounds like you've just thrown yours in the"too hard basket" and are sort of denying they happened.But your continued interest is a dead giveaway

Once again you don't know. I need real proof. Not stories, not anecdotes, not quantum woo. For more important reasons than having see ghost. The major issue with this stuff is the hit and run nature of it. There is no consistency, repeatability, no solid evidence. Sure, I could just turn off my brain and take the next train to woo-ville. Would be nice to not question and blindly accept things "because it feels good". 

I could say yes, I've seen ghost.

Yes, I've manifested intentions.

Yes, I've performed telekinesis.

I've had lucid dreams and astral projections.

The biggest issue. Is that it's all subjective. I can't prove a damn bit of it. There is nothing solid to support it either.