Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Defining God/s.

Alchopwn

54 minutes ago, Guyver said:

No.  The universe allowed your parents to exist, either by intention or by accident.  So, if not for that, you would not exist.  Everyone knows you came from mommy’s tummy.  Take it deeper.  

You would have to define the universe as God to say that.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:46 AM, Alchopwn said:

When pulled apart, Faith is the belief in a proposition without evidence.  At its most extreme, faith is belief in the face of compelling evidence to the contrary.  By and large, it means having confidence in something, and that is the first part of being the victim of deception.  Faith is also the foundation of fanaticism.  You say that its value is immense.  I say it is an immense danger to our continued survival as a species and a dragging anchor on human progress.

The placebo effect can take many forms, and to claim the full gamut of the placebo effect for religious faith is disingenuous, as it applies equally to homeopathy and the performances of tribal witch-doctors and other medically questionable pursuits. 

Its the same as saying all paths lead to death.  Do you know how silly that is?

On 8/28/2019 at 7:36 AM, Desertrat56 said:

It looks more like the plank is in your eye.  I agree with what @XenoFish said. 

You don't understand that some people are fine without believing in a god and some people are not.  If you need that belief at least be honest that it is a BELIEF, not a FACT. 

I know there is more to us than our physical being, but that is not proof for anyone and it does not lead me to believe in a judgemental omnipotent being.

Its a fact that all roads don't lead to death.

3 hours ago, brian100 said:

The fact is death is inevitable.

I'm defining God as light b/c it practically everywhere and life cannot exist without it. Its the fastest thing in the universe also.

So where is the lights coming from? When I say light I'm not talking about a light bulb. God said in the beginning there was light. He's speaking about himself.

So that's the smoking gun.  God is light.

I pointed you science guys in the right direction. I' am the light of the world & and in the beginning there was light.

Some people have died & come back and the first thing they said was," I saw a bright light".

Doesn't that tickle your fancy even a little?

They are also finding out that light can carry information & that life can't exist without it.

Edited by brian100

12 hours ago, brian100 said:

Yes they do. Unless a scientist or scientists have developed ways to become immortal.

7 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Yes they do. Unless a scientist or scientists have developed ways to become immortal.

No one of road leads to all this life around you.

2 minutes ago, brian100 said:

No one of road leads to all this life around you.

Depends what's your definition of "road".

4 hours ago, brian100 said:

I'm defining God as light b/c it practically everywhere and life cannot exist without it. Its the fastest thing in the universe also.

Actually life can and does exist without light.

• Thanks 1

Its quite plausible that if you find the mechanism for light (the stars) that you will have discovered God. Nobody can see what's on the other side, but some people do come back and tell us.

"I saw a bright light!"

So don't be too sure there is no God. First define God.

21 hours ago, brian100 said:

You would have to define the universe as God to say that.

Not really.  If the universe is not intelligent it can’t be defined as God in the sense that most people accept because God is considered by so many as the Supreme Being with supreme intelligence.  I mean from a western mindset.  The Buddhists don’t consider the universe in that way.

The universe, to a materialist is only God in the sense that it is the thing that caused their creation.  But it was unintentional like a flood, or a stubbed toe.  In that sense I guess it’s easy to see why some of them consider existence meaningless.

I believe that meaning exists because we ascribe it.  Therefore, meaning is as we humans consider it.