Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK PM branded a "known liar" by TV News Boss

Eldorado

"The head of Channel 4 News has branded Boris Johnson a "known liar" and compared the Prime Minister to Russia's Vladimir Putin.

"Dorothy Byrne said broadcasters should be more direct in calling out deliberate untruths by Britain's politicians in a hard-hitting lecture last night."

Full monty at the UK Mirror: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/channel-4-news-boss-brands-18982147

"Channel 4 News boss says media have right to call politicians 'liars'".

Full monty at the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49432821

• Like 5

Well if there was any broadcaster more vehemently anti brexit than the BBC it would be channel 4 news. So this desperate attempt at smearing the PM is only to be expected. 

"If someone has deliberately spoken an untruth and we have evidence, we have to consider saying that what is said is a lie."

using that quote from the link :-

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remainers-should-be-frank-about-their-real-intention/

David Cameron before the referendum :-

"You the British people will decide…It will be the final decision…The Referendum will be a once in a generation choice: an in or out Referendum. When the British people speak, their voice will be respected, not ignored. If we vote to leave, then we will leave. There will not be another renegotiation and another Referendum."

Teresa May 

His successor, Theresa May, in the Lancaster House speech, made it perfectly clear that leaving the EU means leaving the Customs Union, the Single Market and the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice. She also said that ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’.

Seems we have all been lied to.

It's becoming obvious that the BBC and Channel 4 (both anti brexit) are getting the s**ts because Boris isn't going to fall for their cheap shots & play their game, good for him, he should just keep his head down concentrate on the job and do what Treason May deliberately failed to do three years ago.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well if there was any broadcaster more vehemently anti brexit than the BBC it would be channel 4 news. So this desperate attempt at smearing the PM is only to be expected. 

"If someone has deliberately spoken an untruth and we have evidence, we have to consider saying that what is said is a lie."

using that quote from the link :-

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remainers-should-be-frank-about-their-real-intention/

David Cameron before the referendum :-

"You the British people will decide…It will be the final decision…The Referendum will be a once in a generation choice: an in or out Referendum. When the British people speak, their voice will be respected, not ignored. If we vote to leave, then we will leave. There will not be another renegotiation and another Referendum."

Teresa May 

His successor, Theresa May, in the Lancaster House speech, made it perfectly clear that leaving the EU means leaving the Customs Union, the Single Market and the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice. She also said that ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’.

Seems we have all been lied to.

Lets just leave.

I dont know what all the fuss is about, the EU cannot force us to erect a hard border with Ireland. Even if we sign Mays agreement we can leave when we want. I would like to see the EU trying to tell us we cant when we are a nuclear power.

Good luck with that EU!

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"The head of Channel 4 News has branded Boris Johnson a "known liar" and compared the Prime Minister to Russia's Vladimir Putin.

what, a leader who's dragged his country back from being brought down to a  corruption-riven third world state and made it a world power once again that has a genuine influence in the world's trouble spots through its use of diplomacy, backed up by credible military force where necessary? 

But then, I expect the heartening but powerful Head of channel 4 News believes all the Skripal nonsense doesn't he. Funny how they all believe the drivel put out by the UK Government's Ministry of Propaganda when it comes to giving them a foreign bogey figure to hate. And he interfered with Sacred American Democracy! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TV channels should be unbiased, i see the BBC have had to admit under persistent pressure they lied about Brexit polls.

That's the last time i watch C4. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

what, a leader who's dragged his country back from being brought down to a  corruption-riven third world state and made it a world power once again that has a genuine influence in the world's trouble spots through its use of diplomacy, backed up by credible military force where necessary? 

But then, I expect the heartening but powerful Head of channel 4 News believes all the Skripal nonsense doesn't he. Funny how they all believe the drivel put out by the UK Government's Ministry of Propaganda when it comes to giving them a foreign bogey figure to hate. And he interfered with Sacred American Democracy! :rolleyes: 

So, do you reckon it's ok for news journalists to start calling liars liars?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sick of the media having their own say.  Why can't we go back to the old days when the media actually reported the news without their own point of view incorporated into it.  I just wish they could be objective.  Then we could make up our own minds without having to go from website to website and fake news and fact checking.  There's fact checking sites that check other fact checking sites and it goes on and on and on.  Can you tell I'm sick of it? :P  /rant

• Like 5

1 minute ago, pixiii said:

I just wish they could be objective.

Surely being objective includes pointing out factual inaccuracies from Politicians and highlighting if such politicians have a history of spouting same.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Surely being objective includes pointing out factual inaccuracies from Politicians and highlighting if such politicians have a history of spouting same.

Oh yes for sure Raymo, definitely, but it's just done in this awful fashion nowadays.  Where it's all different sides and one station goes one way and the other station goes another.  I'd just prefer it to be objective and honest and not have some hidden agenda which is what is increasingly happening to us from all angles now.  :( 

edit: Don't mind me, I'm just having a whine about it is all. ;) 

Edited by pixiii
spelling
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Lets just leave.

I dont know what all the fuss is about, the EU cannot force us to erect a hard border with Ireland. Even if we sign Mays agreement we can leave when we want. I would like to see the EU trying to tell us we cant when we are a nuclear power.

Good luck with that EU!

Just a minor quibble, @RabidMongoose, but Britain WOULDN'T erect a hard border. The UK could - hypothetically - allow free movement over the UK border. 

The problem is on the Eire side. The EU would insist on a hard border on the Eire side, on the grounds that Eire now has a border with a non-EU nation.

As an EU member Eire has no control over its borders. All border decisions originate in Brussels. Ireland has no say in the matter. 

Nobody talks about this !

• Like 2

I've been researching a bit about Boris and I can't believe this......Boris has such a beautiful looking girlfriend.  I know I shouldn't be surprised as it sounds so "judgy" but I really did not expect him to you know....oh shut up pix!  Yeah anyway.....surely, she could have his hair styled for him couldn't she? 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/24/boris-johnson-seen-first-time-carrie-row-10047142/

I must admit, I do feel a bit awful for him, he just looks so unkempt and not looked after.

@RoofGardener when you speak of Eire, is it because it's divided into Northern and Southern Ireland?  Is a part of it the UK?  I'm not familiar with it I'm sorry. 

Edited by pixiii
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Just a minor quibble, @RabidMongoose, but Britain WOULDN'T erect a hard border. The UK could - hypothetically - allow free movement over the UK border. 

The problem is on the Eire side. The EU would insist on a hard border on the Eire side, on the grounds that Eire now has a border with a non-EU nation.

As an EU member Eire has no control over its borders. All border decisions originate in Brussels. Ireland has no say in the matter. 

Nobody talks about this !

Precisely, and I`m glad you have finally admitted that I was right about this matter.

My opinion of you has now increased.

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Precisely, and I`m glad you have finally admitted that I was right about this matter.

My opinion of you has now increased.

Huh ? When did I disagree with you over this matter ? I've been banging this particular drum for over a year ? :P

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I've been researching a bit about Boris and I can't believe this......Boris has such a beautiful looking girlfriend.  I know I shouldn't be surprised as it sounds so "judgy" but I really did not expect him to you know....oh shut up pix!  Yeah anyway.....surely, she could have his hair styled for him couldn't she? 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/24/boris-johnson-seen-first-time-carrie-row-10047142/

I must admit, I do feel a bit awful for him, he just looks so unkempt and not looked after.

@RoofGardener when you speak of Eire, is it because it's divided into Northern and Southern Ireland?  Is a part of it the UK?  I'm not familiar with it I'm sorry. 

The Irish always liked the British (its the same blood flowing through our veins).

But historically they were like the Catholic version of the Taliban and got very upset about the Protestant faith. So upset, there is a huge list of civil uprisings and civil wars originating from Ireland. Sometimes spreading throughout the rest of the UK too. So the history of the British Isles has been a bloody one.

Things went downwards when the potato famine hit because there was a British fundamentalist Protestant PM at the time. He held back on the food aid to Catholic families unless they converted. Then when Ireland got back on its feet, they rebelled and ended up winning their independence.

Then Catholics starting killing Protestants up north so we went back in to save them splitting Ireland into two countries. And we have been there ever since. In all fairness most of the Protestants up north have some British ancestors, although some had past relatives who were converts.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

This is already done and not what i'm complaining about it's the fact they singled out Boris.

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Huh ? When did I disagree with you over this matter ? I've been banging this particular drum for over a year ? :P

Are you confused?

Good, I`m confused too, please read my posts properly in future :D

Edited by RabidMongoose

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

Hi there Pixiii,

The geographical island of Ireland is divided into two sections. 

The North belongs to Britain. It's citizens are British Citizens. 

The South is the Republic of Ireland, or "Eire". It is an independent sovereign nation. 

Well, it WAS.. now it is - like the UK at the moment - a province of the European Federal Union :P 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Are you confused?

Good, I`m confused too, please read my posts properly in future :D

Meh, I just skim them. Life's too short :P 

52 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The Irish always liked the British (its the same blood flowing through our veins).

But historically they were like the Catholic version of the Taliban and got very upset about the Protestant faith. So upset, there is a huge list of civil uprisings and civil wars originating from Ireland. Sometimes spreading throughout the rest of the UK too. So the history of the British Isles has been a bloody one.

Things went downwards when the potato famine hit because there was a British fundamentalist Protestant PM at the time. He held back on the food aid to Catholic families unless they converted. Then when Ireland got back on its feet, they rebelled and ended up winning their independence.

Then Catholics starting killing Protestants up north so we went back in to save them splitting Ireland into two countries. And we have been there ever since. In all fairness most of the Protestants up north have some British ancestors, although some had past relatives who were converts.

Hmmm.. I would argue that the religious aspect is pretty peripheral these days, other than to act as "gang tattoos". 

The argument that the Irish have the the British is geopolitical, and has been for the last 100 years. They regard "the North" as being theirs, and the British as being a military occupier. 

Edited by RoofGardener

“ I must admit, I do feel a bit awful for him, he just looks so unkempt and not looked after.”

quote from Pixiii (no. 11)

So did Albert Einstein!  Best not to judge a book by its cover. :no:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmmm.. I would argue that the religious aspect is pretty peripheral these days, other than to act as "gang tattoos". 

The argument that the Irish have the the British is geopolitical, and has been for the last 100 years. They regard "the North" as being theirs, and the British as being a military occupier. 

Bearing in mind we have owned at least some of their territory for 1000 years they saw us as up to our old games again - looking for ways back into Ireland and to expand our rule.

None of us are privy to the discussions that went on behind the scenes when we decided to go back into Northern Ireland. Maybe it was empire building, maybe it was just to save the Protestants, maybe a bit of both. But Northern Ireland got given the legally authority to succeed if it ever wanted, even before the Good Friday Agreement. They remain in the UK because they want too.

You have to remember there are still people alive in Ireland with a living memory of getting Blacked and Tanned (or should that be tarred and feathered?). There is still quite a bit of negative feeling and a deep paranoia felt towards Britain.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

And insight into the mind of a truly rabid little vermin. 

If you don't agree with him on everything, you must disagree with him on everything :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Bearing in mind we have owned at least some of their territory for 1000 years they saw us as up to our old games again - looking for ways back into Ireland and to expand our rule.

None of us are privy to the discussions that went on behind the scenes when we decided to go back into Northern Ireland. Maybe it was empire building, maybe it was just to save the Protestants, maybe a bit of both. But Northern Ireland got given the legally authority to succeed if it ever wanted, even before the Good Friday Agreement. They remain in the UK because they want too.

You have to remember there are still people alive in Ireland with a living memory of getting Blacked and Tanned (or should that be tarred and feathered?). There is still quite a bit of negative feeling and a deep paranoia felt towards Britain.

If memory serves me right, we where originally invited over by an Irish chieftain, who wanted help overpowering various OTHER Irish chieftains. 

55 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

we decided to go back into Northern Ireland

if you are talking about the time of the "plantations" you  went back to Ireland, basically because the first wave of settlers had gone native and were ignoring English rule, even as far as open hostility.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If memory serves me right, we where originally invited over by an Irish chieftain, who wanted help overpowering various OTHER Irish chieftains. 

Yes Strongbow I think came in as a mercenary.