Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK PM branded a "known liar" by TV News Boss

Eldorado

6 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Yes Strongbow I think came in as a mercenary.

and then stayed to make cider. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Then Catholics starting killing Protestants

Maybe you should research why the army was sent into N Ireland at the start of the troubles. Because really this shows you haven't got a clue.

3 hours ago, pixiii said:

when you speak of Eire, is it because it's divided into Northern and Southern Ireland?  Is a part of it the UK?  I'm not familiar with it I'm sorry. 

Northern Ireland, which consists of 6 counties on the Island of Ireland, is part of he UK. Southern Ireland aka Republic of Ireland aka Eire, is the remaining 26 counties in Ireland, and is independent of UK.

Parts of Ireland first came under English political control in the 12th Century

Ironically the Northern part of Ireland was much later, late 16th Century

The Republic of Ireland gained independence from the UK in 1922, although then it was called the Irish Free State.

Northern Ireland was actually created a year earlier 1921.

There a very potted history of Ireland

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

If memory serves me right, we where originally invited over by an Irish chieftain, who wanted help overpowering various OTHER Irish chieftains. 

4 Chieftains to overpower a tyrant.

And after we did that Ireland willingly and wantingly accepted our rule. That was pre-Protestant times.

Edited by RabidMongoose

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

if you are talking about the time of the "plantations" you  went back to Ireland, basically because the first wave of settlers had gone native and were ignoring English rule, even as far as open hostility.

No, I was talking about us going back in during the troubles.

2 hours ago, Setton said:

And insight into the mind of a truly rabid little vermin. 

If you don't agree with him on everything, you must disagree with him on everything :rolleyes:

Someone needs to take a break.

Do we really need yet another topic closed because you have descended into personal insults?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If only media used their right more often especially where it is suitable :)

Re - the bint that started this thread, the head of channel 4 news.

Just watched channel 4 news item on the democracy protests in Hong Kong falling over themselves to (rightly) criticise the Chinese government for trying to squash the demands for democracy. Now compare that to their falling over themselves to squash the democratic process in this country over brexit. The word hypocrisy doesn't even come close. The woman is a disgrace, I think we can ignore any further rantings.

(Applies equally to the BBC).

Suppose we shouldn't be too surprised when we cast our minds back to Jon Snows racist comment at the end of their report on the pro brexit march.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Someone needs to take a break.

Do we really need yet another topic closed because you have descended into personal insults?

You picked the name mate. 

And you can blame me if you like. I know how you like your little fantasies. 

5 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Yes Strongbow I think came in as a mercenary.

I thought that was a brand of cider ? 

Actually.. that could explain EVERYTHING :D

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

So this desperate attempt at smearing the PM

It's not really a smear if it's objectively true though, is it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's not really a smear if it's objectively true though, is it?

What lie are they actually talking about? What is 'objectively true' ?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

9 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

What lie are they actually talking about?

His entire career, perhaps?

Come on, it's not controversial to call Boris Johnson a liar. If anyone said that a year ago we'd collectively be nodding our heads. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

His entire career, perhaps?

Come on, it's not controversial to call Boris Johnson a liar. If anyone said that a year ago we'd collectively be nodding our heads. 

So is Nichola Sturgeon, but that's not plastered all over the msm. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

MSN is known to be far-left and biased.

Its why Microsoft ditched them.

Edited by RabidMongoose

12 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Come on, they're not even competing in the same sport by comparison. No other politician is.

45 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Come on, they're not even competing in the same sport by comparison. No other politician is.

Er....one word....Blair.

6 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Er....one word....Blair.

Current politician I mean. Blair is definitely up there with him. Perhaps not for the quantity of lies but definitely for the sheer scale of them.

• Like 4

Natalie McGarry.

It is a joke for Channel 4 to claim to be impartial. 

https://order-order.com/tag/channel-4-news/

Lol. Impartial? 

It is a joke.

This is a far left wing channel and they have no right to call themselves impartial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 1:58 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Well if there was any broadcaster more vehemently anti brexit than the BBC it would be channel 4 news. So this desperate attempt at smearing the PM is only to be expected. 

"If someone has deliberately spoken an untruth and we have evidence, we have to consider saying that what is said is a lie."

using that quote from the link :-

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remainers-should-be-frank-about-their-real-intention/

David Cameron before the referendum :-

"You the British people will decide…It will be the final decision…The Referendum will be a once in a generation choice: an in or out Referendum. When the British people speak, their voice will be respected, not ignored. If we vote to leave, then we will leave. There will not be another renegotiation and another Referendum."

Teresa May 

His successor, Theresa May, in the Lancaster House speech, made it perfectly clear that leaving the EU means leaving the Customs Union, the Single Market and the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice. She also said that ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’.

Seems we have all been lied to.

It's becoming obvious that the BBC and Channel 4 (both anti brexit) are getting the s**ts because Boris isn't going to fall for their cheap shots & play their game, good for him, he should just keep his head down concentrate on the job and do what Treason May deliberately failed to do three years ago.

Brexit has little to do with it. If a politician openly lies to fulfil his/her agenda then thats what they are. You fail to see a very valid point because your politics is in the way. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Current politician I mean. Blair is definitely up there with him. Perhaps not for the quantity of lies but definitely for the sheer scale of them.

Totally agree. Wrong is wrong. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just watched channel 4 news item on the democracy protests in Hong Kong falling over themselves to (rightly) criticise the Chinese government for trying to squash the demands for democracy. Now compare that to their falling over themselves to squash the democratic process in this country over brexit. The word hypocrisy doesn't even come close.

Does democracy also include the right to choose one's leader? in which case, where do you put the process that allows the ruling party to choose the Prime Minister without the people having any say in it ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Brexit has little to do with it. If a politician openly lies to fulfil his/her agenda then thats what they are. You fail to see a very valid point because your politics is in the way. 

Well lets see.....before the brexit referendum all the leaders of the main political parties promised to honour the result of the public vote. 3 years down the line none of them have and indeed are doing their utmost to renague on the result, except Boris. This tells me that he is more trustworthy than all of them.

And yours aren't !!!

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1