Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK PM branded a "known liar" by TV News Boss

Eldorado

9 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Does democracy also include the right to choose one's leader? in which case, where do you put the process that allows the ruling party to choose the Prime Minister without the people having any say in it ?

As far as im aware, in this country you vote for political parties not leaders, voting for individual leaders is something they do in third world countries of Africa, and it doesn't usually work out well, I can't remember this question being asked so often when May took over from Cameron, or when Broon took over from Blair, but then it now suits the political class that oppose brexit to kick up a fuss now.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

What is there that's democratic about having a leader, with all the authority that that implies, imposed merely by the arcane internal processes of the ruling party? That may be, as Roofgardener unfailingly points out, the way that it is, but it's an archaic feudal system that any country that complacently accepts it has no right to patronize any other country about "democracy". 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

What is there that's democratic about having a leader, with all the authority that that implies, imposed merely by the arcane internal processes of the ruling party? That may be, as Roofgardener unfailingly points out, the way that it is, but it's an archaic feudal system that any country that complacently accepts it has no right to patronize any other country about "democracy". 

It also leads to dictatorships...Africa, Russia, China. Perhaps we'll find this out if Corbyn ever gets into power.

44 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Well this comes back to my initial point. How can our political class and media criticise China over the Hong Kong riots after the way they have treated the British public over Brexit. Ask yourself honestly. What would British politicians and media say if China asked the Hong Kong people to vote on whether or not they wanted to be part of China or become an independant island and the vote came back independant and then the Chinese government ignored the result for three years and tried every trick in the book to backtrack....seriously what do you think our political class and channel 4 news and the Guardian would say? Do you see the blatant hypocracy?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So is Nichola Sturgeon, but that's not plastered all over the msm. 

Sturgeon has not just become PM, so a story about her in this instance at this moment in time would have little relevance.

19 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Sturgeon has not just become PM, so a story about her in this instance at this moment in time would have little relevance.

Well, lets wait and see what happens when she eventually does become Scottish PM. (I live in hope).

Edited by itsnotoutthere

The problem with lying is that its now not a disadvantage to be caught deliberately lying, in fact some politicians have shown that the lie doesn't matter as long as enough people like the lie. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

The problem with lying is that its now not a disadvantage to be got deliberately lying, in fact some politicians have shown that the lie doesn't matter as long as enough people like the lie. 

Indeed, see my comment above  #50 & #54

("an end to boom & bust" springs to mind, and also "this is a once in a generation opportunity" Nicola Sturgeon Indyref 2014 )

Edited by itsnotoutthere

29 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Indeed, see my comment above  #50 & #54

("an end to boom & bust" springs to mind, and also "this is a once in a generation opportunity" Nicola Sturgeon Indyref 2014 )

I know what you are saying. But the second one may yet still prove to be true, and the first was probably a truthful expression of a belief, even if that belief proved to be false. Unless of course he knew another bust was coming on his watch - (I think it was Brown?). Although the first could have been a lie - I don't know what he knew or thought.

Edited by RAyMO

12 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

the first was probably a truthful expression of a belief, even if that belief proved to be false. Unless of course he knew another bust was coming on his watch - (I think it was Brown?). Although the first could have been a lie - I don't know what he knew or thought.

It was just a typical politician's alliterative slogan. No one believed it, just as no one believes any slogans that come out of the mouths of politicians. Boris almost certainly is a liar, by virtue of his profession, but then, so is every politician who's ever promised anything or said that something is about to happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

It was just a typical politician's alliterative slogan. No one believed it, just as no one believes any slogans that come out of the mouths of politicians. Boris almost certainly is a liar, by virtue of his profession, but then, so is every politician who's ever promised anything or said that something is about to happen.

Indeed, this was going to be my next point. Much play is given to the idea that brexiteers lied over brexit, ignoring the fact that leave did too, and with the one sided benefit of £12million of tax payers money. But in all seriousness how many people vote for a party in a general election based on what the politicians in that party tell them, or how many people actually vote for a party on the basis of their manifesto? You'd have to be mad to believe that a party will fulfill even a fraction of their manifesto promises, they never do. No, what people vote for are the basis principles the party is running for. We all know which party we will vote for based on our own principles and feelings.

People voted the way they did on brexit on the basic principle of whether they wanted us to stay in the EU or leave the EU based on their personal observations and opinions about the EU after observing it and being part of it for 40 years, they didn't vote on the basis of what was written on the side of a bus.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

P.s. 

Presumably if brexiteers voted leave because of a slogan on the side of a bus, then using the same logic, remainers voted remain because they believed brexit would lead to world war 3.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well lets see.....before the brexit referendum all the leaders of the main political parties promised to honour the result of the public vote. 3 years down the line none of them have and indeed are doing their utmost to renague on the result, except Boris. This tells me that he is more trustworthy than all of them.

And yours aren't !!!

I’m sure fair is the key word.

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

I see Boris never had time to speak to C4 at the G7 :)

The right move. Knowing C4 & BBC news, no matter what was said they can both be guaranteed to put a negative spin on it, afterall we've had three years of it from them.

• Like 1