Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO caught on camera over Jackson, Wyoming

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to UFO caught on camera over Jackson, Wyoming

That was cool.  Wonder what it was?

edit  to add:  Brace yourselves for FAKE.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Like it says the video is sped up so it could be anything in the breeze, probably just a sky lantern. Sped up to one frame per second the thing is barely moving at all in reality.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't tell the frame rate of the video but let's assume between 24 and 60. So, at 1 frame per second this object took between 4 and 10 minutes to cross this distance. Is my math correct?

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Like it says the video is sped up so it could be anything in the breeze, probably just a sky lantern. Sped up to one frame per second the thing is barely moving at all in reality.

ive seen sky lanterns look just like that if its speed wasnt dramatized.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonman said:

"Could be anything" - agreed. It could be a cool Alien controlled UFO. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The camera printed a time stamp on the footage and shows it took 3 min to cross the field of view, the constellation Ursa Major is seen in the background and the main stars extend roughly 25dg. The total area shown by the camera is about double that, giving a horizontal field of view about 50dg.

As the object moves across and towards the camera it's not possible to accurately calculate the distance covered in the 3 min, or it's speed. 

• Like 3

A shooting star perhaps?

5 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

A shooting star perhaps?

It is too slow for a shooting star, a satellite would look a better fit but I don't think it's that high? 

Original speed:

Plane.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, toast said:

Originl speed:

Plane.

Yeah, small plane or helicopter seems pretty likely. The flash at the end is 'interesting' though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

Yeah, small plane or helicopter seems pretty likely. The flash at the end is 'interesting' though.

I think that effect is caused by the long exposure time of the single frames. The nearer the craft comes, the bigger and brighter it appear and more light get captured by the cam, per frame. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toast said:

I think that effect is caused by the long exposure time of the single frames. The nearer the craft comes, the bigger and brighter it appear and more light get captured by the cam, per frame. 

Check out the flash right at the very end - 3:29.

• Like 1

If this is to be taken seriously, why don't they just flick back through a few night's footage and show us what a plane does look like under similar conditions...?  A quick check shows this area is busy with overflights...

To me, it looks a lot like a plane followed by an unrelated lightning strike..  It would also not be challenging to fake this...  so unless they are engaging with information (and it seems they are not, at the moment) then it's just clickbait goin' nowhere but their pockets...

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

If this is to be taken seriously, why don't they just flick back through a few night's footage and show us what a plane does look like under similar conditions...? 

To do that would be too scientific. 

The sped up footage totally looks like a UFO...Or Bigfoot sky surfing at supersonic speeds on a glowing Nessie. That's my guess.

9 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Check out the flash right at the very end - 3:29.

And also at 2:14 - what would that flash be?  It's like the entire aircraft glows for a second, like it's engulfed in light?  Weird, I can't remember a plane looking like that, or lighting up really big such as that one appeared to.  

edit:  I'm actually quite impressed by this video - until I read all of those comments! :lol:

Edited by pixiii

8 minutes ago, pixiii said:

And also at 2:14 - what would that flash be?  It's like the entire aircraft glows for a second, like it's engulfed in light?

Look at the version that @toast posted above. At the 2:35 mark the object "flashes" right as it lines up with the lights being projected from whatever structure the webcam is posted on. I think it may just be the light reflecting off of an aircraft.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Look at the version that @toast posted above. At the 2:35 mark the object "flashes" right as it lines up with the lights being projected from whatever structure the webcam is posted on. I think it may just be the light reflecting off of an aircraft.

Aww well this is all a bit disappointing then.  I started to get quite excited there for a bit.  :lol:

21 minutes ago, pixiii said:

And also at 2:14 - what would that flash be?  It's like the entire aircraft glows for a second, like it's engulfed in light?  Weird, I can't remember a plane looking like that, or lighting up really big such as that one appeared to.

The tricky part here is to remember that not only are these single frames at a one second interval that have been sped up (for no apparent reason other than to dramatise it..) but also that each individual frame is probably a time exposure of maybe a half second or more (I'm totally guessing..).  That means that anything moving gets smeared in the direction of travel, and it simply will not look like what you would see when viewing by naked eye.  With your (night adapted) eye, you have the benefits of very high quality chemical enhancement so it's highly (and selectively) light sensitive AND you have a brain that is individually processing the data it is getting from those eyes.  What you end up 'seeing', is a much more accurate rendition of what the thing really looked like, than that afforded by a webcam.

edit:  I'm actually quite impressed by this video - until I read all of those comments! :lol:

It's interesting alright, but if the current lame excuse - namely the person wanting to remain anonymous and not involve the people who actually own the camera - remains in effect, then I'm not spending more time on it!

Also interesting is that webcam is showing stars...  that's a bit unusual...  I'd like to know more.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Also interesting is that webcam is showing stars...  that's a bit unusual...  I'd like to know more.

Check out their website,they clearly have the best of everything https://www.springcreekranch.com/

• Haha 1

Interestingly the two large beams of light that are coming from behind the webcam in the OP UFO video dont seem to appear in todays webcam video. Ill bet an intrepid investigator could find out what event was going on there that night and what those lights were.

springcreek.jpg

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

The UFO (probably just a regular aircraft...) is in the foreground (you can see it light up the ground a bit on the closest hill) and the flash is in the background behind the farthest mountains.

Probably just something like lightning in the distance.

Edit: Kinky Creek Divide Airport is in the direction the aircraft is flying. The runway/strip is even lined up in the right direction for the approach too... It's >50km away but in that direction...

The webcam is basically pointing North.

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1