Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO caught on camera over Jackson, Wyoming

UM-Bot

5 hours ago, Timothy said:

Probably just something like lightning in the distance.

It definitely looks like lightning. It's just interesting that there were no lightning flashes for the 3+ minutes preceding that one which just happened to come from the direction the airplane (or whatever it was) flew off in. If we could get the 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after footage, as well as footage of a known aircraft covering that same air space I'm sure we could clear this up quickly :) 

6 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Also interesting is that webcam is showing stars...  that's a bit unusual...  I'd like to know more.

There are a selection of security/box cameras available that do not rely on built in lights to work at night and use on-board frame integration to create a virtual, long exposure, frame. The camera adds 50 sequential 1/50 sec frames together to create a one second frame and then displays the output. Some cameras can add enough frames to create a virtual 10 sec frame or even longer.

With a reasonable video lens these cameras will quite easily show stars and the milky way. 

With the screw off lens removed and a telescope nose piece adaptor fitted they can provide near live views of galaxies and nebula displayed on a monitor when fitted to a telescope. 

I have a camera using the same operating method and use it with a video lens for meteor watching and a nose piece with a telescope.

This is a camera/ telescope view of Andromida galaxy   -

andromeda5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pixiii said:

And also at 2:14 - what would that flash be?  It's like the entire aircraft glows for a second, like it's engulfed in light?  Weird, I can't remember a plane looking like that, or lighting up really big such as that one appeared to.  

edit:  I'm actually quite impressed by this video - until I read all of those comments! :lol:

Last I checked, aircrafts have to fly with three lights on them,  red on left wing tip (forward) green on right wing tip (forward) and white in rear of craft. So if this was an aircraft, we should see the green light on the right wing, unless the "airplane" is going backwards.

In fact, I fit is an airplane, it should also have a right wing LOL  :D

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Last I checked, aircrafts have to fly with three lights on them,  red on left wing tip (forward) green on right wing tip (forward) and white in rear of craft. So if this was an aircraft, we should see the green light on the right wing, unless the "airplane" is going backwards.

In fact, I fit is an airplane, it should also have a right wing LOL  :D

There are a few bleedingly obvious reasons for why you won’t see colour flashes or wings in this case.

Jeez mate! Lol!

Edit: I’ve just been refreshing their page with the webcam and each streamed image is taken at 30 second intervals.

Eg. 07:14:25PM, 07:14:55PM, 07:15:25PM etc. 

There seem to be a bunch of birds flying around at the moment, so please don’t mistake those for alien craft either. LOL :D

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Interestingly the two large beams of light that are coming from behind the webcam in the OP UFO video dont seem to appear in todays webcam video. Ill bet an intrepid investigator could find out what event was going on there that night and what those lights were.

Probably car headlights or lights from the restaurant...

From their website:
'Our webcam sits on the north side of the Granary Restaurant and give you a great view of the Teton Mountain Range, and the 13,700 foot Grand Teton in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.'

Granary.jpg

Edited by Timothy
Formatting.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Probably car headlights or lights from the restaurant...

From their website:
'Our webcam sits on the north side of the Granary Restaurant and give you a great view of the Teton Mountain Range, and the 13,700 foot Grand Teton in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.'

Granary.jpg

Whatever they were they were the cause of the flashes of light IMO

12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Whatever they were they were the cause of the flashes of light IMO

The flash of light at the end was not local. It was beyond the farthest mountain in the distance. 

17 hours ago, Timothy said:

There are a few bleedingly obvious reasons for why you won’t see colour flashes or wings in this case.

Jeez mate! Lol!

Edit: I’ve just been refreshing their page with the webcam and each streamed image is taken at 30 second intervals.

Eg. 07:14:25PM, 07:14:55PM, 07:15:25PM etc. 

There seem to be a bunch of birds flying around at the moment, so please don’t mistake those for alien craft either. LOL :D

I agree there are some very good reason not to see the green light blinking. But in three minutes real time? I have my doubts.

One of the reasons why we can't see the green light on this craft is it appears not to have a right wing. Come to think of it, you can't see the wing tip of the left wing either!! and no signs of the tail section, too. Funny kind of "airplane".  Funny, isn't it, that people will be blinded to such evidences when they really want to be. ;) - and yes, that goes for other people in here, not just you.

But the biggest reason why this is not an "airplane" is - it is all aglow in it's  3+ minutes real time of "flying". Now, I have looked at photos of aircraft flying at night time to research this a bit and I can tell you, they are - as expected, all black. The object we see is emitting light. It is glowing. 

Not singling you out, Timothy, as everyone in here is petrified to bring that relevant information up. But that object is clearly NOT an "airplane".

Mate, in uncontrolled airspace at night it is recommended that aircraft have their landing lights on. Especially if operating VFR (visual flight rules).

Seems your research is confirmation bias only. 

Even controlled aircraft will sometimes operate their landing lights in bad weather/reduced visibility.

Eg. From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_lights

In the United States, for example, landing lights are not required or used for many types of aircraft, but their use is strongly encouraged, both for take-off and landing and during any operations below 10,000 ft or within ten nautical miles of an airport (FAA AIM 4-3-23). According to CFR 14 and FAR Part 91.205, a landing light is required for all aircraft used in commercial operations at night.

So the night vision webcam will naturally show just a bright light and unlikely any other features or colours unless at extremely close range. 

I don’t know if that camera would even show colours in night mode at all. Would have to know the model and settings. 

And it’s not video, it’s captures taken each 30 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, dear, the first of - I am sure, a series of desperado defenses.  And as expected, as lame as can be.

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

Mate, in uncontrolled airspace at night it is recommended that aircraft have their landing lights on. Especially if operating VFR (visual flight rules).

Well, for starters, TImothy, you have yet to prove this is uncontrolled airspace. I see autos and buildings in the area so it is sure to be radar controlled. Also, the article states (can't cut and paste it) that no scheduled flights were in the area at that time. So I seriously doubt this is uncontrolled air space - not that it will matter in the end. 

Seems your research is confirmation bias only. 

Even controlled aircraft will sometimes operate their landing lights in bad weather/reduced visibility.

Eg. From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_lights

In the United States, for example, landing lights are not required or used for many types of aircraft, but their use is strongly encouraged, both for take-off and landing and during any operations below 10,000 ft or within ten nautical miles of an airport (FAA AIM 4-3-23). According to CFR 14 and FAR Part 91.205, a landing light is required for all aircraft used in commercial operations at night.

So the night vision webcam will naturally show just a bright light and unlikely any other features or colours unless at extremely close range. 

I don’t know if that camera would even show colours in night mode at all. Would have to know the model and settings. 

And it’s not video, it’s captures taken each 30 seconds.

Sorry, Timothy, but this is really laughable. You *claim* that the webcam will only show a bright light. Right. On the side or the top, all over..?? Get real, Timothy. Here is what it should look like.

500_F_212955118_XPUOmE98LtmIih74iQskIqYPc7j45EoS.jpg

Sorry, Timothy, the top of the craft won't be lit up. Nor will the REAR of the craft, the top of the wing. Your excuse is completely laughable.

Timothy will you ever admit you're in deep denial?... and not a very bright detective  :clap:

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

52 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, for starters, TImothy, you have yet to prove this is uncontrolled airspace. I see autos and buildings in the area so it is sure to be radar controlled. Also, the article states (can't cut and paste it) that no scheduled flights were in the area at that time. So I seriously doubt this is uncontrolled air space - not that it will matter in the end. 

The airfield is private. Google it. 

You know basically nothing about how air traffic works. You are a complete idiot on this topic. 

Learn something please. 

• Thanks 1

@Earl.Of.Trumps it’s not radar controlled either. You potato. 

Work it out. 

Edit: <10,000ft is generally uncontrolled unless around a major aerodrome.   

Edited by Timothy
Edit.

14 minutes ago, Timothy said:

You know basically nothing about how air traffic works. You are a complete idiot on this topic. 

Are you saying that private airports don't have radar?

I bet you didn't know that Jackson Hole is one of America's favorite ski resorts. Jackson Hole Airport gets a lot of traffic coming in there in Winter.

But Timothy, it's on YOU to prove that Jackson Hole Airport does not have radar. And you haven't done that. Calling me an idiot?? Timothy shame on you. Prove your point before you call me an idiot. 

14 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Learn something please. 

LOL!  Apparently I can't learn from you because you don't know. Not that you will admit that.

This "blurring" that you claim it is(?), how come the "blur" does not extend out to the wing? I can't see it, Timothy. Can you look again and see if you can see either a solid wing or outline of one, or perhaps a blur that is in the shape of the wing?

Show me how smart you are. "landing lights",... on the SIDE of the aircraft with no wings, no tail LOL

@Earl.Of.Trumps, if you can’t work any of this oh, you need to learn more:

FAA Identifier:  JAC
Lat/Long:  43-36-26.4000N 110-44-15.9000W
43-36.440000N 110-44.265000W
43.6073333,-110.7377500
(estimated)
Elevation:  6450.7 ft. / 1966.2 m (surveyed)
Variation:  13E (2005)
From city:  7 miles N of JACKSON, WY
Time zone:  UTC -6 (UTC -7 during Standard Time)
Zip code:  83001

Airport Operations

Airport use:  Open to the public
Activation date:  10/1941
Control tower:  yes
ARTCC:  SALT LAKE CITY CENTER
FSS:  CASPER FLIGHT SERVICE STATION
NOTAMs facility:  JAC (NOTAM-D service available)
Attendance:  0600-2100
ON CALL 24 HRS PHONE 307-733-4767
Wind indicator:  lighted
Segmented circle:  yes
Lights:  WHEN ATCT CLSD ACTVT HIRL RY 01/19, MALS RYS 01 & 19, TWY LGTS & WIND TEE - CTAF.
Beacon:  white-green (lighted land airport)
Operates sunset to sunrise.
Landing fee:  yes
Fire and rescue:  ARFF index B

Airport Communications

CTAF:  118.075
UNICOM:  122.95
ATIS:  120.625
WX AWOS-3PT:  120.625 (307-739-9108)
JACKSON GROUND:  124.55 [0700-2100]
JACKSON TOWER:  118.075 [0700-2100]
WX AWOS-3PT at DIJ (18 nm NW):  120.775 (208-354-6661)
  • APCH/DEP SVC PRVDD BY SALT LAKE ARTCC ON FREQS 133.25/285.6 (JACKSON RCAG).

Nearby radio navigation aids

VOR radial/distance    VOR name    Freq    Var
JAC at field   JACKSON VOR/DME   115.40   13E
DNWr218/21.9   DUNOIR VOR/DME   117.20   15E

Airport Services

Fuel available:  100 JET-A
Parking:  hangars and tiedowns
Airframe service:  MAJOR
Powerplant service:  MAJOR
Bottled oxygen:  HIGH
Bulk oxygen:  NONE

Runway Information

Runway 1/19

Dimensions:  6300 x 150 ft. / 1920 x 46 m
Surface:  asphalt/porous friction courses, in good condition
Weight bearing capacity: 
PCN 57 /F/A/X/U
Single wheel:  75.0
Double wheel:  200.0
Double tandem:  380.0
Runway edge lights:  high intensity
  RUNWAY 1    RUNWAY 19
Latitude:  43-35.951642N   43-36.928795N
Longitude:  110-44.503175W   110-44.026630W
Elevation:  6412.8 ft.   6450.5 ft.
Traffic pattern:  left   left
Runway heading:  007 magnetic, 020 true   187 magnetic, 200 true
Declared distances:  TORA:6300 TODA:6300 ASDA:6300 LDA:6300   TORA:6300 TODA:6300 ASDA:6300 LDA:6300
Markings:  precision, in good condition   precision, in good condition
Visual slope indicator:  4-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)   4-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)
RVR equipment:  touchdown, midfield, rollout   touchdown, midfield, rollout
Approach lights:  MALS: 1,400 foot medium intensity approach lighting system   MALS: 1,400 foot medium intensity approach lighting system
Runway end identifier lights:  no   no
Centerline lights:  yes   yes
Touchdown point:  yes, no lights   yes, no lights
Instrument approach:      ILS/DME
Obstructions:  10 ft. road, 249 ft. from runway, 505 ft. left of centerline, 5:1 slope to clear   none

Airport Ownership and Management from official FAA records

Ownership:  Publicly-owned
Owner:  JACKSON HOLE AIRPORT BOARD
P. O. BOX 159
JACKSON, WY 83001
Phone 307-733-7682
LEASED FROM U S PARK SERVICE.
Manager:  JIM ELWOOD
P. O. BOX 159
JACKSON, WY 83001
Phone (307) 733-7695

Airport Operational Statistics

Aircraft based on the field:   21
Single engine airplanes:   17
Multi engine airplanes:   2
Jet airplanes:   2
   1dot.gif   
Aircraft operations: avg 75/day *
42%  transient general aviation
30%  air taxi
27%  commercial
1%  military
* for 12-month period ending 31 December 2018

Additional Remarks

35'-53' TREES 700'-800' WEST OF THR RY 01.
PAVED 950X200 FEET SAFETY AREA AT THE DEPARTURE END OF RUNWAY 19. NOT USABLE FOR PERFORMANCE CALCULATIONS. ASPHALT POROUS FRICTION COURSE, PLOWED AND BROOMED DURING WINTER.
DEICING PAD LOCATED AT NORTH END OF TWY A.
COLD TEMPERATURE RESTRICTED AIRPORT. ALTITUDE CORRECTION REQUIRED AT OR BELOW -26C.
NOISE ABATEMENT PROCEDURES IN EFFECT FOR ACFT DEPARTURES ON RWY 19.
SAGE GROUSE ON & INVOF ARPT APR THRU OCT.
POSSIBLE SEVERE WINTER CONDITIONS FROM NOV-APR; NO ARPT INFO OR SNOW REMOVAL GUARANTEED DURING HOURS OF NON ATTENDANCE. 307-733-7682
HANG GLIDING OPNS 9 MILES S OF ARPT NEAR SKI ARE & 9 MILES SSW OF ARPT ALONG THE RIDGE.
BALLOON OPERATIONS IN VICINITY OF AIRPORT, W AND SW, MAY-OCT.
FOR PUBLIC HEALTH & SAFETY FLIGHTS, CONTACT AMGR @ 307-733-7682.
ACFT THAT FAIL TO TOUCH DOWN WITHIN THE FIRST THIRD OF RY 01/19 SOMETIMES FAIL TO STOP ON THE RY AND ARE AT RISK FOR A RY EXCURSION.

Instrument Procedures

NOTE: All procedures below are presented as PDF files. If you need a reader for these files, you should download the free Adobe Reader.

NOT FOR NAVIGATION. Please procure official charts for flight.
FAA instrument procedures published for use from 15 August 2019 at 0901Z to 12 September 2019 at 0900Z.

IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures
ILS Y OR LOC RWY 19    download (439KB)
ILS Z OR LOC Z RWY 19    download (363KB)
RNAV (RNP) Y RWY 01    download (439KB)
RNAV (RNP) Y RWY 19    download (390KB)
RNAV (RNP) Z RWY 01    download (479KB)
RNAV (GPS) X RWY 01    download (485KB)
RNAV (GPS) Z RWY 19    download (394KB)
VOR/DME RWY 01    download (361KB)
VOR/DME RWY 19    download (308KB)
NOTE: Special Alternate Minimums apply    download (58KB)

Departure Procedures
ALPIN TWO    download (154KB)

GEYSER FIVE (OBSTACLE)    download (142KB)
TETON THREE (OBSTACLE)    download (141KB)
NOTE: Special Take-Off Minimums/Departure Procedures apply    download (223KB)

Other nearby airports with instrument procedures:

KDIJ - Driggs-Reed Memorial Airport (18 nm NW)
KRXE - Rexburg-Madison County Airport (48 nm W)
KAFO - Afton Municipal Airport (55 nm S)
KIDA - Idaho Falls Regional Airport (58 nm W)
KPNA - Ralph Wenz Field Airport (63 nm SE)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I see autos and buildings in the area so it is sure to be radar controlled.

Cars and buildings as to be reason for radar controlled airspace? Mailboxes as well? Curious.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, toast said:

Cars and buildings as to be reason for radar controlled airspace? Mailboxes as well? Curious.

Radar ain’t cheap, even ADSB costs a tad.

Not the kinda thing you pop on your front lawn. 

Except for you maybe @Earl.Of.Trumps, you have some serious tech on your front lawn?

Learn about what you try to post about FFS.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Timothy said:

Learn something please. 

That is what you said then, Here is what you posted later.  

"Ownership:  Publicly-owned
Owner:  JACKSON HOLE AIRPORT BOARD"

Meanwhile, you have twice called me an idiot.  Seriously, Timothy, you need someone in here to bail you out, you're a lightweight that is making yourself look more foolish and arrogant by the minute.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Just verifying, as always, Timothy and I and the other numerous contributors EXCEPT Earl... are all correct.

Maybe Earl should spend less time LOL'ing and start LEARNING and LISTENING..

Does anyone else buy any of the rather lengthy and almost entirely 100% wrong 'information' that is being pooped out here by Earl?  I'll be happy to address anything that OTHER people might be tempted to believe - I'm not wasting time on a chronically unteachable biased fantasist.

• Like 1

No need for all that info, Timothy.  Try this. ADS-B Coverage

Clearly Jackson Hole is in coverage. No this is the end all, the end all is trying to locate this crafts wings!

Telling me I am an "idiot" and telling me I should be able to "work it out" tells me one thing... you don't know your ass from your elbow

Have a nice day, Timothy

9 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Just verifying, as always, Timothy and I and the other numerous contributors EXCEPT Earl... are all correct.

Maybe Earl should spend less time LOL'ing and start LEARNING and LISTENING..

What will you teach me?  The points I raised are quite valid. Saying that I can just "work  it out myself" or saying everyone in here is right except me doesn't really show that I am wrong, now does it. It just means you moved your lips again.

9 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Does anyone else buy any of the rather lengthy and almost entirely 100% wrong 'information' that is being pooped out here by Earl?  I'll be happy to address anything that OTHER people might be tempted to believe - I'm not wasting time on a chronically unteachable biased fantasist.

My  information is rather "lengthy"?? :)   Sure, Chrlzs, meanwhile Timothy posted more in one post than I have in total.  Geeeze, you're not prejudiced or nothing, are you?

My information is terse, actually. Where the are the wings on this aircraft..? the tail section - where is it? 1 LINE and 1 PHOTO is all I need

And Chrlzs see if you can get a PHOTO, you know? like I supplied a PHOTO to demonstrate my point. Can you do that?

Thanks for offering to "teach me",  I feel so special.