Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman reels in weird fish with two mouths

UM-Bot

Is that neare "Th SImpson's Springfield"?  Or is there a nuclear power plant near by?  What kind of chemicals are being dumped in Lake Champlain?

• Haha 5

I personally believe it was caused by a previous injury, most likely from another angler."

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/329910/woman-reels-in-weird-fish-with-two-mouths

I showed my husband the photo  (he knows his fish)  and before reading the article he said, looks like its been injured.

So am going with what the catcher and my husband say, injured.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maybe it is a baby Champ lake monster?

Maybe it is a "cutthroat"? :innocent:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Huh. I don't buy the angler injury.

Looks too clean-cut and well-formed, like a mutation.

After all, I've seen politicians with two mouths...

Edited by pallidin
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I showed my husband the photo  (he knows his fish)  and before reading the article he said, looks like its been injured.

Wow, how strange :o  I'm sorry, I don't know much about fish.  I have never heard of fish growing an extra mouth due to an injury - is this something that your hubby has seen before?  

• Like 1

Oh wait I see what the injury could've been, the lower mouth doesn't appear to have teeth, so perhaps that's what caused it to look like it has an extra mouth. Although it's just a big gaping wound that has healed over time maybe.... Oh my, that poor thing, if only it could speak right!?

• Thanks 1

Just now, pixiii said:

Wow, how strange :o  I'm sorry, I don't know much about fish.  I have never heard of fish growing an extra mouth due to an injury - is this something that your hubby has seen before?  

No, he has seen fish injured. He reckons the fish has been injured, so does the lady who caught it.

The title is a bit deceiving. 

She clearly says she believes it was injured fish, probably another angler.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, pixiii said:

Oh wait I see what the injury could've been, the lower mouth doesn't appear to have teeth, so perhaps that's what caused it to look like it has an extra mouth. Although it's just a big gaping wound that has healed over time maybe.... Oh my, that poor thing, if only it could speak right!?

Oi hold I, i was still typing, lol. 

Yes, correct.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

After all, I've seen politicians with two mouths...

Two mouths comes with two faces. :D

On 8/22/2019 at 3:14 PM, freetoroam said:

Sure, a bad injury, don't know if it was healing or was inflicted when catching it. Probably unsurvivable

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mdbuilder said:

If that fish could talk, it'd be a democrat...

I think you need to go out and take a walk, leave your cell phone at home and take a break from social media.  This is a thread about a deformed fish and you bring up your politics.  That is definitely a sign that you need to take a break and get your head back.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Is that neare "Th SImpson's Springfield"?  Or is there a nuclear power plant near by?  What kind of chemicals are being dumped in Lake Champlain?

The company I worked for 30 years ago used to dump thorium  waste (same thing that used to make luminous watch dials) in a nearby creek.  When we got busted, our brilliant VP was quoted in the paper as saying, "We thought it would just wash out to sea."  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The company I worked for 30 years ago used to dump thorium  waste (same thing that used to make luminous watch dials) in a nearby creek.  When we got busted, our brilliant VP was quoted in the paper as saying, "We thought it would just wash out to sea."  

Oh, my.  I hope he got fired.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 5:04 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I think you need to go out and take a walk, leave your cell phone at home and take a break from social media.  This is a thread about a deformed fish and you bring up your politics.  That is definitely a sign that you need to take a break and get your head back.

Thought loops right? :lol:

Now that I know what one is, I seem them all time time! :o 

On 8/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, acute said:

A fish with two trout pouts!

Botoxed fish from Chernobyl