Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4yr-old caught with knife at UK school

Eldorado

"A four-year-old was among more than 1,000 children caught carrying knives in schools last year, police figures show.

"A total of 1,144 knife possession offences in schools, where the suspect was a child, were recorded in England, Scotland and Wales over 12 months.

"The figures, obtained from police forces through Freedom of Information requests by 5 News, also revealed weapons seized by officers included machetes, hunting knives and a samurai sword."

• Sad 2

This is a disturbing trend. Once upon a time the only thing children had to look out for in school was someone's fists, and that was bad enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"A four-year-old was among more than 1,000 children caught carrying knives in schools last year, police figures show.

"A total of 1,144 knife possession offences in schools, where the suspect was a child, were recorded in England, Scotland and Wales over 12 months.

"The figures, obtained from police forces through Freedom of Information requests by 5 News, also revealed weapons seized by officers included machetes, hunting knives and a samurai sword."

Thats why private education and grammar schools are a good thing.

Like any sane parent wants their child mixing with or being targeted by children from scum families. We need council estate schools and to restrict council estate children too them. We dont want them causing problems for the rest of the children.

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats why private education and grammar schools are a good thing.

Like any sane parent wants their child mixing with or being targeted by children from scum families. We need council estate schools and to restrict council estate children too them. We dont want them causing problems for the rest of the children.

I think this is an unfair over generalisation.  Yes, there are some 'sink' estates, or parts of large estates that are less than wonderful but a lot of people living in council/authority/Association housing are decent people with good morals and standards.  I have never lived on any such estate or in any such housing but I still feel it is unwarranted 'tarring with the same brush' thinking.

24 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

I think this is an unfair over generalisation.  Yes, there are some 'sink' estates, or parts of large estates that are less than wonderful but a lot of people living in council/authority/Association housing are decent people with good morals and standards.  I have never lived on any such estate or in any such housing but I still feel it is unwarranted 'tarring with the same brush' thinking.

I live in an area where half the city is quite deprived.

Maybe the perceptions I have of them from that are different to yours.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Has anyone been stabbed by a 4 year old?  I had a knife when I was 4.  Lots of kids had them in grade school.  We played games with them at recess.  A knife is still a knife, so what has changed? If a kid did misuse his knife or had something he shouldn't it was taken from him.  It didn't panic the entire community or result in new committees or rules.  If it's not the knives that have changed then focusing on them is not going to solve anything.  If the kids aren't stabbing each other then maybe there is no problem to be solved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Has anyone been stabbed by a 4 year old?  I had a knife when I was 4.  Lots of kids had them in grade school.  We played games with them at recess.  A knife is still a knife, so what has changed? If a kid did misuse his knife or had something he shouldn't it was taken from him.  It didn't panic the entire community or result in new committees or rules.  If it's not the knives that have changed then focusing on them is not going to solve anything.  If the kids aren't stabbing each other then maybe there is no problem to be solved.

true liberal will always find a problem where there isn't one, and will fix it and create a problem. which is what we see happening

• Like 2

4 year old and in school? I didn't think school started till you're 5 - they should be out and running around before then