Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US school rebuilt with bulletproof barriers

Still Waters

A US school is being rebuilt to make it more difficult for gunmen to kill students in potential mass shootings.

Fruitport High School in Michigan is the first school in America to be rebuilt with concrete barriers in hallways to hide from bullets.

The hallways are curved to prevent a shooter from having a clear line of sight during any potential attack.

Classrooms have also been redesigned so students can hide more easily in case of emergency.

Windows that look from corridors into classrooms will have impact-resistant film on them and doors will be controlled by local school leaders who can lock every door across an entire district at the press of a button.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49447335

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

36 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

It's good that they're trying to protect students, but the reason why they have to is a disturbing thought.

Yes exactly, that's what I was thinking too.  It's very scary to think they've had to do this and go this far to protect our kids at schools where they should feel safe and not fear some crazed person walking in with a weapon of some sort.  Just terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"natural "

Only in America... 

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Fruitport High School in Michigan is the first school in America to be rebuilt with concrete barriers in hallways to hide from bullets.

So the students collect behind the barriers and then the gun "person(s)" (insert politically correct gender statement) simply walk up and shoot the students behind the barrier.

What a marvel of engineering stupidity. Not only do you make the schools gun free zones you build collection areas for killing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, third_eye said:

"natural "

Only in America... 

~

don't you feel happy you live far far away? you should be your country so much better than ours, lol

btw do  you realize crime level in your country is HIGHER than in usa

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Crime-levels

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

A much better strategy than bulletproof backpacks. Still not as effective as an armed staff member, IMO.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

A much better strategy than bulletproof backpacks. Still not as effective as an armed staff member, IMO.

just until our sickos take Australia example and start using arson,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

don't you feel happy you live far far away? you should be your country so much better than ours, lol

btw do  you realize crime level in your country is HIGHER than in usa

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Crime-levels

Mass shootings is no longer considered criminal in your America ? 

~

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Mass shootings is no longer considered criminal in your America ? 

~

it is, now does it diminish the fact that your country has more crimes per100k than ours. i look at all crimes, not just mass shootings, are you saying the rest of crimes do not matter, only mass shooting?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is, now does it diminish the fact that your country has more crimes per100k than ours.

:lol:

Yeah sure, you just carry on. 

~

• Like 1

I'm having too much fun reading the desperate reason wrangling tangled up in the logic loopholes to really care, Americans gets what America wants, except when not... 

:lol:

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

and i'm having even more fun reading hysterical posts about USA from people who do not live here, and never been to usa. and most likely never will.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

just until our sickos take Australia example and start using arson,

Which school are you talking about?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

and i'm having even more fun reading hysterical posts about USA from people who do not live here, and never been to usa. and most likely never will.

Best of luck to you.... Keep the kids safe in school... 

:yes:

~

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So the students collect behind the barriers and then the gun "person(s)" (insert politically correct gender statement) simply walk up and shoot the students behind the barrier.

What a marvel of engineering stupidity. Not only do you make the schools gun free zones you build collection areas for killing.

Because having full view of the entire length of the corridor - and simply not having to walk at all - is better.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Because having full view of the entire length of the corridor - and simply not having to walk at all - is better.:rolleyes:

The phrase I believe that is appropriate is "Shooting Fish in a Barrel"

I'll take my chances from a distance. Thank you.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year

8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I work in schools, and I do not want certain former colleagues of mine to have access to firearms. Hell, not want that responsibility. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The phrase I believe that is appropriate is "Shooting Fish in a Barrel"

I'll take my chances from a distance. Thank you.

The barriers are next to class room doors, allowing the child a chance to escape the shooter.

It would be interesting to know what it would take to breach a classroom.

Despite what advantages it may or may not confer, it is insane and beyond reason to WANT to have more guns in schools around children and that fact that so many now consider it a good idea shows just how infected this country is.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

How many trained good guys with guns did it take to neutralize the shooter in Philly with 6 being wounded?  What chance does the average math or language arts teacher have of doing any better against a surprise shooter?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Tried and true.  In the military, at our base gates in war zones, we have barriers.  They are to slow down attackers.  At our "walls" on our small bases, we have hesko barriers.  Small areas to take cover from bullets and shrapnel.  What kind of idiot thinks that an open hallway is safer than one with areas to take cover?  You can stand out in the open if you want.  These shooters aren't trained assassins that know what they are doing.  They are walking in to an area and trying to get off as many un-aimed shots as they can.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

How many trained good guys with guns did it take to neutralize the shooter in Philly with 6 being wounded?  What chance does the average math or language arts teacher have of doing any better against a surprise shooter?

My biggest fear in a mass shooting is multiple "heroes" pulling out a gun.  Civilians aren't trained.  I don't want someone shooting around me, behind me, past me, thinking they can take down a shooter.  Everyone is Rambo until they have to actually be about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

it is sad that the schools have to turn into prisons ..to repel  our arms to defend our nation")     

• Like 1