Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US school rebuilt with bulletproof barriers

Still Waters

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

and taken away the laws of the ten commandants out of the schools:(   

Here is my problem with the ten commandments- why exactly are there 10? 

You simply do not need ten. The list of ten commandments was artificially and deliberately inflated to get it up to ten. Here’s what happened: 

About 5,000 years ago a bunch of religious and political hustlers got together to try to figure out how to control people and keep them in line. They knew people were basically stupid and would believe anything they were told, so they announced that God had given them some commandments, up on a mountain, when no one was around.

Well let me ask you this- when they were making this **** up, why did they pick 10? Why not 9 or 11? I’ll tell you why- because 10 sound official. Ten sounds important! Ten is the basis for the decimal system, it’s a decade, it’s a psychologically satisfying number (the top ten, the ten most wanted, the ten best dressed). So having ten commandments was really a marketing decision! It is clearly a bull**** list. It’s a political document artificially inflated to sell better. I will now show you how you can reduce the number of commandments and come up with a list that’s a little more workable and logical. I am going to use the Roman Catholic version because those were the ones I was taught as a little boy.

Let’s start with the first three: 

I AM THE LORD THY GOD THOU SHALT NOT HAVE STRANGE GODS BEFORE ME

THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN

THOU SHALT KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH

Right off the bat the first three are pure bull****. Sabbath day? Lord’s name? strange gods? Spooky language! Designed to scare and control primitive people. In no way does superstitious nonsense like this apply to the lives of intelligent civilized humans in the 21st century. So now we’re down to 7. Next:

HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER

Obedience, respect for authority. Just another name for controlling people. The truth is that obedience and respect shouldn’t be automatic. They should be earned and based on the parent’s performance. Some parents deserve respect, but most of them don’t, period. You’re down to six.

Now in the interest of logic, something religion is very uncomfortable with, we’re going to jump around the list a little bit.

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL

THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS

Stealing and lying. Well actually, these two both prohibit the same kind of behavior- dishonesty. So you don’t really need two you combine them and call the commandment “thou shalt not be dishonest”. And suddenly you’re down to 5.

And as long as we’re combining I have two others that belong together:

THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTRY

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR’S WIFE

Once again, these two prohibit the same type of behavior. In this case it is marital infidelity. The difference is- coveting takes place in the mind. But I don’t think you should outlaw fantasizing about someone else’s wife because what is a guy gonna think about when he’s waxing his carrot? But, marital infidelity is a good idea so we’re gonna keep this one and call it “thou shalt not be unfaithful”. And suddenly we’re down to four.

But when you think about it, honesty and infidelity are really part of the same overall value so, in truth, you could combine the two honesty commandments with the two fidelity commandments and give them simpler language, positive language instead of negative language and call the whole thing “thou shalt always be honest and faithful” and we’re down to 3.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR”S GOODS

This one is just plain ****in’ stupid. Coveting your neighbor’s goods is what keeps the economy going! Your neighbor gets a vibrator that plays “o come o ye faithful”, and you want one too! Coveting creates jobs, so leave it alone. You throw out coveting and you’re down to 2 now- the big honesty and fidelity commandment and the one we haven’t talked about yet:

THOU SHALT NOT KILL

Murder. But when you think about it, religion has never really had a big problem with murder. More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason. All you have to do is look at Northern Ireland, Cashmire, the Inquisition, the Crusades, and the World Trade Center to see how seriously the religious folks take thou shalt not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable. It depends on who’s doin the killin’ and who’s gettin’ killed. So, with all of this in mind, I give you my revised list of the two commandments:

Thou shalt always be honest and faithful to the provider of thy nookie.

&

Thou shalt try real hard not to kill anyone, unless of course they pray to a different invisible man than you.

Two is all you need; Moses could have carried them down the hill in his ****in’ pocket. I wouldn’t mind those folks in Alabama posting them on the courthouse wall, as long as they provided one additional commandment:

Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

Thank you, George Carlin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The epitome of stupid is holding a gun when the cops show up, even if you're the hero of the encounter. Darwinism in action.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Thank you, George Carlin

Haven't seen this routine, but I knew it just based on the language.  That man had a unique way with words.

• Like 1

I've always felt that if Christians lived and acted according to the Ten Commandments or even the bible then the need to post them on walls every where would be unnecessary.   It's like they forget them all past the first three or four.

Edited by Gromdor
fixed sentence
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Thank you, George Carlin

it was our laws based on the ten commandments:)

it was our laws based on the ten commandments of Moses :) but not a war if we have to killed  for our  freedom nation

Edited by docyabut2

it was our laws based on the ten commandments:)

Not true in the slightest. Another lie you believe. 2/3rds of the 10 commandments aren't even illegal.  

Try again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Not true in the slightest. Another lie you believe. 2/3rds of the 10 commandments aren't even illegal.  

Try again.

the laws were not kill, steal , cheat or lie:)

Edited by docyabut2

9 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Have you even read your 10 commandments? 

Cheating is not illegal except in certain circumstances. Neither is lying.

Killing and stealing have been taboo since well, well, before your religion. 

Edit: I don't know why i am bothering. i honestly believe that you have no idea what I am even saying. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

our nation supported  the Jewish and  the Christian`s  laws, not the radical Islamic laws to kill all  the Jews and Christians :(      

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

our nation supported  the Jewish and  the Christian`s  laws, not the radical Islamic laws to kill all  the Jews and Christians :(      

Not to be mean, but it's hard to argue for something (10 commandments in this case) when you can't show people that you know and understand what it is. 

• Thanks 2

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, Still Waters said:

A US school is being rebuilt to make it more difficult for gunmen to kill students in potential mass shootings.

Fruitport High School in Michigan is the first school in America to be rebuilt with concrete barriers in hallways to hide from bullets.

The hallways are curved to prevent a shooter from having a clear line of sight during any potential attack.

Classrooms have also been redesigned so students can hide more easily in case of emergency.

Windows that look from corridors into classrooms will have impact-resistant film on them and doors will be controlled by local school leaders who can lock every door across an entire district at the press of a button.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49447335

it is sad to have  to supports our kids in the beliefs. Schools are starting again  for all those crazy kids being  pushed on  again  :( it is also  sad that the law of  abortions are kids killing kids:(  where their parents  have a  law right to killed them :(

Edited by docyabut2

Looking at Exodus, Kings and Leviticus, for every commandment saying not to kill, there’s one offering a caveat be it your enemy or witches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Looking at Exodus, Kings and Leviticus, for every commandment saying not to kill, there’s one offering a caveat be it your enemy or witches. 

So I CAN bath in the blood of my enemies and drink from the skulls of the witches?

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 10:56 PM, Still Waters said:

It's good that they're trying to protect students, but the reason why they have to is a disturbing thought.

It’s a lot of money that could have been used to teach students and resource Teaches

• Thanks 2

I guess what  I`am  saying is let our people  go back to our laws,  against that the radical  Islamic people ISIS  and their horrible   laws that want to take over our nation

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ISIS-Iraq-video-White-House/2014/08/08/id/587653/

https://search.aol.com/aol/video;_ylt=A2KLfSE6a2NdxrgAYL5pCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByMHVzM20zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?q=isis+terrorist+group&v_t=comsearch

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So I CAN bath in the blood of my enemies and drink from the skulls of the witches?

Only if you’ve disinfected the skull and wash behind your ears. Remember, the skulls of your enemies are neither dishwasher nor microwave safe.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Only if you’ve disinfected the skull and wash behind your ears. Remember, the skulls of your enemies are neither dishwasher nor microwave safe.

Disinfect? No deal.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I guess what  I`am  saying is let our people  go back to our laws,  against that the radical  Islamic people ISIS  and their horrible   laws that want to take over our nation

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ISIS-Iraq-video-White-House/2014/08/08/id/587653/

https://search.aol.com/aol/video;_ylt=A2KLfSE6a2NdxrgAYL5pCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByMHVzM20zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?q=isis+terrorist+group&v_t=comsearch

You may not have noticed, but it's not muslims shooting up the schools....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

and then to me its not the guns. but the kids behind the guns in schools. the kid videos of hands on guns kids killing,  abortion law kids killing kids  and taken away the laws of the ten commandants out of the schools:(   to teach the kids not to kill should be taught again

Video games are inanimate objects just like guns. They can't kill anything. Your scapegoat is a fail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 8/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Time and time again it had been shown that violent video games are no more responsible for violent acts that movies and music. Quit with that stupid excuse and look at actual factors.

Oh my lord, I can't believe I'm agreeing with you for once.  Actually the first time ever in 10 years!  This calls for a celebration :P :clap::st:w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Blood for the Blood God.:tu:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Blood for the Blood God.:tu:

Harriers for the Cup!

Uh... why not just have classrooms designed or retrofitted with emergency exit-doors to the outside...