Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
skliss

Ruth Bader Ginsberg cancer treatments

skliss

I couldnt find a thread about her.

U.S. Justice Ginsburg treated for pancreatic cancer

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed a three-week course of radiation therapy to treat a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.

The 86-year old justice, who has had previous cancer scares, tolerated the therapy well and no further treatment is required, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

An abnormality was first detected in July, and the tumor was identified following a biopsy performed on July 31 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

"She canceled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule," Arberg said.

"The tumor was treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body," the spokeswoman added.

Pancreatic cancer is one of the hardest cancers to treat and prognoses can be bleak. According to the website of the Columbia Pancreas Center at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York, the percentage of people still alive five years after a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer that has not spread beyond the pancreas is 27.1%

https://news.yahoo.com/u-justice-ginsburg-treated-tumor-184315797.html

• Like 2

Earl.Of.Trumps

She's 86. I feel she won't outlive the Trump tenure

• Like 4

susieice

Pancreatic cancer is very hard to beat. Seems this tumor may have been diagnosed early. If she was treated for the same thing in 2009, then this would be a recurrence. It may come back again. Her age likely isn't helping. 

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/after-treatment/follow-up.html

• Like 3

Gwynbleidd
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

She's 86. I feel she won't outlive the Trump tenure

I'm surprised she's still alive at all tbh.  She looks like death warmed up.  Poor old dear. 

Gives new meaning to being married to your job.  You definitely couldn't say she wasn't dedicated. :lol:

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 2

and then

86 years old and fighting a potentially lethal cancer and she refuses to retire?  Those Justices have a hard life, don't they?

• Like 2