Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Herny_was_here

Question about holographic worlds

Recommended Posts

Herny_was_here

Hi, I have a question. If you're in a holographic world, what are the chances of you finding a safe haven? Like an area where there is no danger etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Habitat

You'll be right, I'm pretty sure Acme Products will have a solution in their catalogue.

looney_tunes_acme_company_products.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
5 hours ago, Herny_was_here said:

Hi, I have a question. If you're in a holographic world, what are the chances of you finding a safe haven? Like an area where there is no danger etc.

What?

If you're talking about the holographic principle then it's the entire universe that is holographic.  There is danger every where, that's nothing to do with the holographic principle.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
On 8/24/2019 at 1:50 PM, Herny_was_here said:

Hi, I have a question. If you're in a holographic world, what are the chances of you finding a safe haven? Like an area where there is no danger etc.

Why do you appose holographic with danger? I fail to see any logic in that.

The holographic principle (if that's what you are talking about), does not mean more or less danger. It means action/event duality.
Everything that happens, happens twice.
You could compare it to shooting a 3D video with your cellphone. The thing you record is happening in front of you, but it is also happening on your screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

How about the current thoughts on the information storage capacity of a black hole?  I think Leonard  Suskind and Stephen Hawking had an argument about that.  Apparently the amount of information contained in a black hole is a function of the area of the event horizon rather than the volume of the Black Hole.

The analogy was that it was like a hologram in the sense of representing all information in a volume of 3D space on a 2D surface.  Somebody then wondered if all of the information in the Universe  could be project onto a surface like a hologram.

No worries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
15 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Why do you appose holographic with danger? I fail to see any logic in that.

The holographic principle (if that's what you are talking about), does not mean more or less danger. It means action/event duality.
Everything that happens, happens twice.
You could compare it to shooting a 3D video with your cellphone. The thing you record is happening in front of you, but it is also happening on your screen.

The holographic principle means that the volume of space is on a 2 dimensional surface.  I don't know where you get this "happens twice" idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

The holographic principle means that the volume of space is on a 2 dimensional surface.  I don't know where you get this "happens twice" idea.

I got it from Susskind, the man who came up with the theory

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.