Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question about holographic worlds

Normandy888

Hi, I have a question. If you're in a holographic world, what are the chances of you finding a safe haven? Like an area where there is no danger etc.

You'll be right, I'm pretty sure Acme Products will have a solution in their catalogue.

looney_tunes_acme_company_products.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Herny_was_here said:

Hi, I have a question. If you're in a holographic world, what are the chances of you finding a safe haven? Like an area where there is no danger etc.

What?

If you're talking about the holographic principle then it's the entire universe that is holographic.  There is danger every where, that's nothing to do with the holographic principle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 1:50 PM, Herny_was_here said:

Why do you appose holographic with danger? I fail to see any logic in that.

The holographic principle (if that's what you are talking about), does not mean more or less danger. It means action/event duality.
Everything that happens, happens twice.
You could compare it to shooting a 3D video with your cellphone. The thing you record is happening in front of you, but it is also happening on your screen.

How about the current thoughts on the information storage capacity of a black hole?  I think Leonard  Suskind and Stephen Hawking had an argument about that.  Apparently the amount of information contained in a black hole is a function of the area of the event horizon rather than the volume of the Black Hole.

The analogy was that it was like a hologram in the sense of representing all information in a volume of 3D space on a 2D surface.  Somebody then wondered if all of the information in the Universe  could be project onto a surface like a hologram.

No worries.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Why do you appose holographic with danger? I fail to see any logic in that.

The holographic principle (if that's what you are talking about), does not mean more or less danger. It means action/event duality.
Everything that happens, happens twice.
You could compare it to shooting a 3D video with your cellphone. The thing you record is happening in front of you, but it is also happening on your screen.

The holographic principle means that the volume of space is on a 2 dimensional surface.  I don't know where you get this "happens twice" idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

The holographic principle means that the volume of space is on a 2 dimensional surface.  I don't know where you get this "happens twice" idea.

I got it from Susskind, the man who came up with the theory