Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flat Earth and Tartaria

Crookshanks

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

OI vey......

Isn't he just so precious? 

:lol:

~

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Okay, let’s assume that the average footprint for a house is 100m by 50m, and that contains enough space for a couple of adults, a few kids and all the necessities like sleeping and cooking spaces. 

Next, we take a rough average of the human height to be 2m, that makes a house 50x by 25x the height of a man. 

That makes a Tataraian house to be 100MILES by 50MILES in area. One house. Not a church or a civic building. One house for one family. That’s larger than some countries. 

Aussies must live in swell and wide houses, if your average homes are 100 meters by 50 meters. The average family house is 5,000 square meters, if it's a rectangle of 100 meters in length and 50 meters in width.

You more than likely live in an average 150 square meters home. But it's not 100 meters long and 50 meters wide. If it is, you more than likely are not an average Aussie with an average teacher's salary, but a prince of some sort, living in a 5,000 square meters fortress.

What was that which you teach?

And let us not make a really tall story into a taller one than geometrically needed.

As a rectangular shaped house at 100 miles by 50 miles yields a house of 5,000 square miles in area, and that would place it at 39th on the list of the largest countries in Europe, just below Montenegro, which is listed at 5,333 square miles.

8 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Not mental giants, though, as Columbus made them believe that he was a god, a god who could control the daylight.

Isn't that from a Tintin book?

• Thanks 2

c1fd4c63ddf3fba2014c31fde56071e6.jpg.5c5b52b8105bcd4ae890ad3417462919.jpg

Ten thousand thundering typhoon s... 

What If You're Right And They're Wrong

~

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Ten thousand thundering typhoon s... 

What If You're Right And They're Wrong

~

Tintin and the Picaros. Yes, I believe you've selected an image from the correct book #TintinNerd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

OI vey......

Evidently, based on that “old saying,” we can chalk up Sir Isaac Newton as yet another reincarnated soul stuck up in Petty’s head. 

Or, alternately, he’s lying again. 

—Jaylemurph

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Apparently you couldn’t swing a cat and not hot a couple dozen giants in pre-contact America, yet no Native Americans I know talk about them...

—Jaylemurph 

There's some stories, but they're from the West Coast.  (Possibly an early part of the Godzilla franchise -- testing the waters to see if the concept would get enough interest for a blockbuster...uhm... rock art panel.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

What was that which you teach?

PE and I have disnumeria, so thanks for the added insult.

• Thanks 1

**** ATLANTIS!!!!

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

There's some stories, but they're from the West Coast.  (Possibly an early part of the Godzilla franchise -- testing the waters to see if the concept would get enough interest for a blockbuster...uhm... rock art panel.)

The Stone Giants but they are made of flint. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Stone Giants but they are made of flint. 

With feet of clay.

Harte

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

PE and I have disnumeria, so thanks for the added insult.

Just kidding a kidder, and no insult intended. As I told you before, I have always had nothing but respect for teachers, especially since one of my daughters became a teacher.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm dyslectic, dysfunctional, and suffer with a most peculiar disassociation complexity, since I have all three types; Dissociative identity disorder, Dissociative amnesia, and Depersonalization/derealization disorder.

8 minutes ago, Harte said:

With feet of clay.

I thought that was in Joey's vision for the King of Babbles. :huh:

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 5:37 PM, Emma_Acid said:

Not just that - the inverse cube law means that doubling the height of a human would quadruple its size and strength of the bones and tissues, but also quadrupling the stresses put on them, meaning they couldn't form in the way they do. Put simply - giants are physiologically impossible.

Unless... unless...  what if they were REALLY tall?  I'm talking 45 thousand miles tall.  Then their centre of gravity would be at a geostationary distance from the Earth.  So their weight would equal the centripetal force needed to keep them moving in a circle and they would put (almost) no pressure on the ground.  So they could actually have been really thin, and there might have been thousands of 'em.  They survived by eating space rocks, but as the supply of these was used up their numbers dwindled.  Probably.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That's more like it.

Harte

Edited by Harte
by cracky
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, Crookshanks said:

Oh I don't know. Its not that I don't understand the science, just that in different times, different climates and so on many creatures grew to large sizes. 

But physics doesn't change and that is what affects all living creatures.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Harte said:

by cracky

The purveyors of this "theory?" smoke cracky. :yes:

• Like 1

heh when I saw the pictures of paris I thought automatically of a city being build over a sinking city.. 

Is it Chicargo? or something over in america that is like that.. where the basements used to be street level.. 

Is it Chicargo? or something over in america that is like that.. where the basements used to be street level.. 

Seattle, Washington state.

BILL SPEIDEL'S UNDERGROUND TOUR
is Seattle’s most unusual attraction, a humorous stroll through intriguing subterranean storefronts and sidewalks entombed when the city rebuilt on top of itself after the Great Fire of 1889.

http://www.undergroundtour.com/about/index.html

From Wikipedia:

Seattle's first buildings were wooden. On June 6, 1889, at 2:39 p.m.,[1] a cabinetmaker (Jonathan Edward Back)[2][3] accidentally overturned and ignited a glue pot. An attempt to extinguish it with water spread the burning grease-based glue. The fire chief was out of town, and although the volunteer fire department responded, they made the mistake of trying to use too many hoses at once. With the subsequent drop in water pressure, none of the hoses were effective, and the Great Seattle Fire destroyed 31 blocks.[4]

While a destructive fire was not unusual for the time, instead of rebuilding the city as it was before, city leaders made two strategic decisions: first, that all new buildings must be of stone or brick, as insurance against a similar disaster in the future; and second, that the streets should be regraded one to two stories higher than the original street grade. Pioneer Square had originally been built mostly on filled-in tidelands and, as a consequence, it often flooded. The new street level also assisted in ensuring that gravity-assisted flush toilets that funneled into Elliott Bay did not back up at high tide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Underground

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, Golden Duck said:

Tartarians, eh? 

What's your sauce?

I see what you did there. And I appreciate it. :tsu:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I see what you did there. And I appreciate it. :tsu:

Shhh... you'll draw attention to the fact Harte beat me to it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Shhh... you'll draw attention to the fact Harte beat me to it

Oh! Haha. :ph34r:

Spoiler

Tartaria goes great with battered fish of course. Just sayin’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2019 at 2:06 AM, Harte said:

The Tartarians invented Tartar sauce, so if they were giants, they were certainly saucy ones.

Harte

Okay. @Harte wins! :lol:

I thought of it first but I didn’t post it in the official prediction thread. 

Maybe Tom Delonge can help me turn back time. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Okay. @Harte wins! :lol:

I thought of it first but I didn’t post it in the official prediction thread. 

Maybe Tom Delonge can help me turn back time. 

He Cher can!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117fa68b16e4d9fb7f43

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2