Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Crookshanks

Flat Earth and Tartaria

99 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

toast
29 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

LOL. Don't be ridiculous young man. Everyone understands the science. I just don't think you have the capacity to be open minded.

It was your claim to understand science and you have shown various times already that you dont, example: 2,5miles tall "giants". If you would understand gravity, which you dont, you wouldn't even think about such nonsense. Secondly, you see windows and doors where there are no windows and doors. That effect is caused by an "open mind", which also allow to hear colors and to talk to trees.

Quote

Do you think the world was always like this?  I bet you do. I bet you think we always existed like this don't you? 

I do not answer stupid questions on principle.

Quote

Fair enough.. .no such thing as dinosaurs ever and ancient civilisations are a figment of the imagination ...right?

See above.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
2 hours ago, Harte said:

The Tartarians invented Tartar sauce, so if they were giants, they were certainly saucy ones.

Harte

Have you considered that maybe they didn't invent it but became it?  Maybe that is what happened to all of those giants.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Find me a North American giant skeleton that wasn't a fake. 

Piney, you are too modest.  To the malnourished, disease ridden, plague infested voyagers from Europe, the healthy, robust, physically fit people they saw on the American shore must have seemed like giants.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
25 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Greetings Crookshanks and welcome.

No history student am I, but consider a few common sense trials. 

How tall is a giraffe 14 feet?  A sauropod, maybe 25 feet?   The tallest of trees, 375 ft?

All of them have adaptations designed to combat gravity.  Raising water to the crown or pumping blood to the brain are not easy when you are tall.  Animals and trees have their own special adaptations to accomplish this.

Consider the problem with pumping blood to a brain 2.5 miles high.  Knowing the density of water, you can calculate that there would be a difference of over 5000 psi between the toes and the brain.  Wherever you locate the heart in that body, it has to overcome several thousand pounds of hydraulic pressure just to circulate blood.   Even with today's technology, to achieve any volume at that pressure would take a heckova pump and very high pressure lines.

Not if their brains were in their toes.

See? Open your mind Tatetopa, open your mind!

Harte

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
27 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Greetings Crookshanks and welcome.

No history student am I, but consider a few common sense trials. 

How tall is a giraffe 14 feet?  A sauropod, maybe 25 feet?   The tallest of trees, 375 ft?

All of them have adaptations designed to combat gravity.  Raising water to the crown or pumping blood to the brain are not easy when you are tall.  Animals and trees have their own special adaptations to accomplish this.

Consider the problem with pumping blood to a brain 2.5 miles high.  Knowing the density of water, you can calculate that there would be a difference of over 5000 psi between the toes and the brain.  Wherever you locate the heart in that body, it has to overcome several thousand pounds of hydraulic pressure just to circulate blood.   Even with today's technology, to achieve any volume at that pressure would take a heckova pump and very high pressure lines.

Consider the energy that would take.  You might have come across the physics definition  of work in high school, work=force *distance.  Energy is the ability to do work.  Just think about the energy required to pump all of that blood that far.  Without the math, lets just say a crapton of calories.  A being that size needs to produce a lot of energy.  Digesting animal or vegetable substance would take a lot of volume.  Photosynthesis would take a lot of surface area.  You could do all of that math if you wanted.  Nuclear power?

Consider nerve impulses.  The fastest travel at around 350 feet per second.  Getting a message through a 2.5 mile body would take what,30 seconds or there abouts?  Not what one would consider quick reflexes.

Enough to tell you that no animal or plant based on earth life and tissue limitations could reach 2.5 miles in height.

 

As for underground doors and windows on buildings, google Seattle underground city tours.  Cities built on coastal sediments sink.  Streets get raised, lower levels become basements.

The  human habit everywhere through a lot of history was to chunk everything out the window into the street.  Street level rises.  As buildings age and crumble, they get flattened enough to build a new one on top.  

This. This. This and all of this. Listen to the man.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
37 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Piney, you are too modest.  To the malnourished, disease ridden, plague infested voyagers from Europe, the healthy, robust, physically fit people they saw on the American shore must have seemed like giants.

So Captain John Smith wrote.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph

Seems the OP got wind of yet another idiot Russian conspiracy theory about how history is “wrong” and all art and culture “really” comes from there.

Nationalistic non-sense. Is education so bad there nobody has any basic research skills or are people so used to propaganda that they don’t realize how on-its-face wrong this malarkey is?

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oniomancer

Been waiting patiently for this to come up here so I can rip into it properly but I got stuff that needs doing. Long story short for the moment, cultural penis envy and personal incredulity got together in a room with some Barry White, thus was born Tartaria and the whole mudflood and attendant nonsense.

Quote

Kenemet wrote:

Now let's examine the other part of the claim. (snip)

Don't forget, this is magic mud, that ran up hill and down dale leaving a relatively consistent layer without filling in the intervening spaces, all at a gentle creep so as not to cave in the buildings in the process of burying them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
21 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Nationalistic non-sense. Is education so bad there nobody has any basic research skills or are people so used to propaganda that they don’t realize how on-its-face wrong this malarkey is?

 

The Russians claim they were the Sintashta and BMAC and initiated the Bronze Age which makes working on  Arkaim and the other Indo-Iranian type sites impossible in that country. Of course working on Andronovo sites with Russians and Turks ( including Kazakhs) fighting over who they were was just as bad.

I wanted to scream *NEITHER OF YOU MORONS!!!* 

At least the Chinese archaeologists in Xinjiang said *Looks like we found more Iranians* 

Quote

Russia's president Vladimir Putin visited the site in 2005, meeting in person with the chief archaeologist Gennady Zdanovich. The visit received much attention from Russian media. They presented Arkaim as the "homeland of the majority of contemporary people in Asia, and, partly, Europe". Nationalists called Arkaim the "city of Russian glory" and the "most ancient Slavic-Aryan town". Zdanovich reportedly presented Arkaim to the president as a possible "national idea of Russia",[13] a new idea of civilisation which Shnirelman calls the "Russian idea".[14] According to several analysts, Putin's visit was undoubtedly a message, and it gave credit to the interpretation of Arkaim as an Aryan cult centre.[13]

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkaim#Vladimir_Putin's_visit_and_the_%22Russian_idea%22

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
2 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Id completely agree with the plausibility of history having played out differently than the version we are all supposed to believe as unequivocal truth. History is written by the victor, therefor it is subjective, thus not objective truth per definition.

The version described in the OP however, no.

Except when the loser is literate and writes his own history. Which has been commonly done for many centuries now. One can read the Japanese version of what happened in WWII, One can read the French version of the Napoleonic wars. Etc.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
39 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Russians claim they were the Sintashta and BMAC and initiated the Bronze Age which makes working on  Arkaim and the other Indo-Iranian type sites impossible in that country. Of course working on Andronovo sites with Russians and Turks ( including Kazakhs) fighting over who they were was just as bad.

I wanted to scream *NEITHER OF YOU MORONS!!!* 

At least the Chinese archaeologists in Xinjiang said *Looks like we found more Iranians* 

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkaim#Vladimir_Putin's_visit_and_the_%22Russian_idea%22

Sounds fun!

I got to enjoy American LDS archaeologists try to force pre-classical Mayan culture into being either  the Nephites,  Lamanites, Jaredites, or Mulekites. I also enjoyed working/visiting a number of sites in Arabia where the Europeans and Asians were overjoyed with finds from the  Magan culture while a number of Arab archaeologists just dismissed everything pre-Islamic as 'unimportant'.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I got to enjoy American LDS archaeologists try to force pre-classical Mayan culture into being either  the Nephites,  Lamanites, Jaredites, or Mulekites.

Smithsonian was smart enough not to let them near us. :devil:

Last member of the LDS I encountered my 9 year old son was latched on to his leg with his teeth embedded in his thigh. 

I told him no problem, he just had his shots. :yes:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

Okay, let’s assume that the average footprint for a house is 100m by 50m, and that contains enough space for a couple of adults, a few kids and all the necessities like sleeping and cooking spaces. 

Next, we take a rough average of the human height to be 2m, that makes a house 50x by 25x the height of a man. 

That makes a Tataraian house to be 100MILES by 50MILES in area. One house. Not a church or a civic building. One house for one family. That’s larger than some countries. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
11 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Okay, let’s assume that the average footprint for a house is 100m by 50m, and that contains enough space for a couple of adults, a few kids and all the necessities like sleeping and cooking spaces. 

Next, we take a rough average of the human height to be 2m, that makes a house 50x by 25x the height of a man. 

That makes a Tataraian house to be 100MILES by 50MILES in area. One house. Not a church or a civic building. One house for one family. That’s larger than some countries. 

So you’re saying Liechtenstein is populated by two giants?

—Jaylemurph

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

So you’re saying Liechtenstein is populated by two giants?

—Jaylemurph

Wait I use to live near that country - I don't remember them.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
7 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Wait I use to live near that country - I don't remember them.....

Apparently you couldn’t swing a cat and not hot a couple dozen giants in pre-contact America, yet no Native Americans I know talk about them...

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
20 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Apparently you couldn’t swing a cat and not hot a couple dozen giants in pre-contact America, yet no Native Americans I know talk about them...

—Jaylemurph 

So they don't get mad at us. :unsure2:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
13 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Again - this is an answer to a question that doesn't exist. The history and provenance of "Greco Roman architecture" is very well known. They could have at least chosen something a little more obscure, like Atlantean pinball machine design.

Not so obscure...do you see?

pin ball.jpg

atlantis 1.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
12 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Now just try to imagine how much food a human being, at 2.5 MILES tall would need to eat. EVERY DAY!

I cannot imagine how much food unless I also know how wide. And is the 2.5 miles height the standard height? Because there could also have been taller ones, if we look at the typical variances in height for us. Perhaps some were even a head or two taller than the average, and therefore 3 miles tall would not be out of the question. Just think, at 3 miles tall Mt. Everest is already more than half conquered just by standing next to it.

This has to be one of those tall tales that is miles above the rest..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Piney, you are too modest.  To the malnourished, disease ridden, plague infested voyagers from Europe, the healthy, robust, physically fit people they saw on the American shore must have seemed like giants.

Not mental giants, though, as Columbus made them believe that he was a god, a god who could control the daylight. And since he came riding the waves, he was a regular Poseidon, a god of the sea to them.

And therefore my old saying, knowledge does indeed make us giants and gods over the mundane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
20 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Not mental giants, though, as Columbus made them believe that he was a god, a god who could control the daylight. And since he came riding the waves, he was a regular Poseidon, a god of the sea to them.

And therefore my old saying, knowledge does indeed make us giants and gods over the mundane.

I think you are kidding about that right?  You made it up, didn't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
15 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Now let's examine the other part of the claim.

... if a 2 mile high person had a house...

So let's say you're six feet tall.  An average house like they had in ancient Greece was no more than 12 feet high (building from mud brick, which has limitations)... so by comparison, your Giant Houses would be 5 miles high.  A one-room house would be as long as it was high (say a 5x5 cube) ... and let's model a little village of 20 families and nothing else.  So your "village" would be 100 miles long and around 100 miles wide and 5 miles high if it was on a totally flat surface.

It takes (math) 50,000 cubic miles just to cover the village.  But in reality, you'd have more than 50,000 cubic miles being dumped because the mud comes from somewhere and doesn't just run to the edge of the village and stop.  So the actual "bury one village" mud flow could have been as great as 100,000 cubic miles of mud.

Still with me?

But if you're talking about Giant Civilization that humans copied that suddenly got buried.... you're talking about more dirt than exists on the face of the planet (a civilization) means they're living in cities which implies thousands of people plus agricultural areas (they gotta eat) and mining areas and workshop areas.)

The area of one ancient city-state (Thebes) was 317 square miles -- on the same scale a Giant City would be over 700,000 square miles (and that didn't count farmland for food.)  

The surface area of Earth's continents is 1,969,000 square miles (1,9700,000 is the figure I use) which means you could pack 281 of these Thebe-sized cities on the continents if you could place them on every single surface (no matter how badly suited) and didn't leave area for farmland.

 

...and we haven't gotten into how much food they'd need to eat (or how to produce it) and what happened to all the poop from all those giants.

 

This could, of course, be calculated but I hope you see that unless you wanted to do it for amusement that there's actually no point in continuing.

Obviously there was an earthquake and the houses collapsed.  And that's how the Himalaya, Andes, Rockies etc were formed - they're just the rubble from ruined giant's houses :)   Obvious innit :D  


btw on a separate note, Edinburgh has a whole street that is underground - windows, doors and all!


https://www.ontheluce.com/underground-edinburgh-mary-kings-close/

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
19 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

I like to peruse youtube now and again and I came across a whole load of videos on Flat Earth and a place called Tartaria, which is now Russia apparently. What people are alleging is that the history of the world has been altered so that it looks like there was no such place or empire and that Tartaria never existed.  However there was, according to these videos, a large area of land in what is now Russia, and a huge part of North America which was populated by giants. These giants are Tartarians. They were said to be as tall as 2 and half miles high. Really?  They are also saying that Greco Roman architecture came from Tartaria and not from the Roman Empire as we are told in our history books.  If its true it turns everything on its head.  I don't know about the whole flat Earth thing though I mean... that would mean that the arctic and the antarctic might be the same land.  They are also saying that a mud flood buried half the buildings the Tartarians built and the reason a lot of them have huge doors and ceilings is because the people using them were much taller than us. I kind of thought the parts of the buildings underground were foundations and that they built big in order to be grandiose and show off a bit and over awe people.  What do you all think of it? 

Tartarians, eh? 

What's your sauce?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Smoke aLot

There are so many nice reads about Tartary, history behind it even some wild speculations about Alexander and Napoleon, all in all very interesting subject.

But... What does flat Earth has to do with it? :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Not mental giants, though, as Columbus made them believe that he was a god, a god who could control the daylight. And since he came riding the waves, he was a regular Poseidon, a god of the sea to them.

And therefore my old saying, knowledge does indeed make us giants and gods over the mundane.

OI vey......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.