Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police raid ET contactee group in Thailand

UM-Bot

From the piece:

"If we find anyone guilty of wrongdoing, we will file a criminal case against them," said Maj. Gen. Damrong Petpong. "If a UFO descends and parks here, that's even better. We'll capture them all."

Now, THAT'S a no nonsense law and order type!  :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Isn't this as bad as giving mistreatment to people based on religious beliefs?  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The legal system supposedly intervened because they were suspicious that the group was committing a "crime".  It sounds pretty heavy-handed from my pov.  These folks may be wack-jobs in the opinion of most people but if they're harming no one, why try to cause them problems?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

The legal system supposedly intervened because they were suspicious that the group was committing a "crime".  It sounds pretty heavy-handed from my pov.  These folks may be wack-jobs in the opinion of most people but if they're harming no one, why try to cause them problems?

to predict future disasters.

This  

Doomsday prophecies are considered mentally harmful and counter productive among Buddhists therefore it's judged a destructive cult. 

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

YES.  And I really can't see how they're hurting anyone either.  

Is it because people went there for a UFO watching event instead of celebrating the birthday of Somjit..... yeeeeea, I'm thinking Major General Damrong Petpong needs to chill out a bit. :lol: 

I think he's Damrong tbh.

edit: sorry, couldn't help myself. :P 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Piney said:

Doomsday prophecies are considered mentally harmful and counter productive among Buddhists therefore it's judged a destructive cult.

Do you mean as in "everyone kills themselves" kind of cult type behaviour - is that common amongst Buddhists though? 

5 hours ago, pixiii said:

Do you mean as in "everyone kills themselves" kind of cult type behaviour - is that common amongst Buddhists though? 

Perhaps not common, Buddhist monks have, however, protested through self-sacrifice for centuries. Of more recent history, the self-immolation of Thich Quang Dirc stunned the world, because of the media coverage, while demonstrating the persecution of Buddhists.

• Like 2

Let them be, and maybe finally we get to know if we are alone in the universe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pixiii said:

No, just predicting doom is harmful. It's why I get sooo p***ed at the doomsayers here. 

No, suicide is honorable but don't take anyone else with you.

• Thanks 2

In other words, God ain't there and there ain't no God to clean up anybody's mess... 

That's the whole idea of God, not what's between the cover of which book or something spilled out of which theory that makes some obscure hypothesis more believable than the other widely held beliefs... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For some reason this gives me the feeling of Heaven's Gate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

Perhaps not common, Buddhist monks have, however, protested through self-sacrifice for centuries. Of more recent history, the self-immolation of Thich Quang Dirc stunned the world, because of the media coverage, while demonstrating the persecution of Buddhists.

Oh gosh that's awful - I've always thought of Buddhist's as people with the happiest religion in the world.  A Doctor of mine here in Melbourne is a Buddhist (he's from Sri Lanka though - perhaps different style of Buddhism?)  but he's extremely chill and extremely relaxed so I just imagined all Buddhists are like that. :) 

Edited by pixiii

8 hours ago, Piney said:

No, just predicting doom is harmful. It's why I get sooo p***ed at the doomsayers here. 

No, suicide is honorable but don't take anyone else with you.

Oooh gotcha, ok yeah I see now.  And also @Scholar4Truth mentioned Heaven's Gate which gave me a creepy feeling too as I didn't think of going down that track at all with this.  But yes, I didn't realise that and can see now what you guys are meaning.  Whilst it may seem innocent to begin with, it could be harmful further down the line. :( 

Edited by pixiii
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Oooh gotcha, ok yeah I see now.  And also @Scholar4Truth mentioned Heaven's Gate which gave me a creepy feeling too as I didn't think of going down that track at all with this.  But yes, I didn't realise that and can see now what you guys are meaning.  Whilst it may seem innocent to begin with, it could be harmful further down the line. :( 

Teaching children that doom is coming is child abuse and taking them with you if you decide to "catch a comet" is a horror beyond measure.:no:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1